Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evening Gooner Charlton Feature

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
quite good, except we are not East London !!

Article

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Wow, some interesting stuff in there especially about Richard Murray's passion for the club.

6 Players!

Raking over old ground and another excuse to point the finger of blame for some but read it again and it is a real rallying cry.

And interesting statement about season tickets.

Hope this can be a sticky too.
  • Options
    Richard Murray Top Man.
  • Options
    Like it!
  • Options
    Richard Murray may have made mistakes - Dowie being the obvious one - but nothing will ever temper my admiration, respect and love for the man.

He may never have pulled on the famous red shirt but as far as I am concerned he represents the very essence of Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Richard Murray may have made mistakes - Dowie being the obvious one - but nothing will ever temper my admiration, respect and love for the man.

He may never have pulled on the famous red shirt but as far as I am concerned he represents the very essence of Charlton Athletic Football Club.

HEAR HEAR (or is it HERE HERE ?)
  • Options
    15 years of unpaid work is a hell of a lot, I appreciate what RM has done for our Club, yes mistakes have been made, but lesser men than RM would have walked away. His passion for this club is blindingly obvious and I back hi to turn things round again, although I think it will take time, but we have been through worse, we have our own stadium, training ground and a core support, we should be ok, I have written this season off and now look forward to next season with hope and the chance of Wembley for the Johnsons Paint Trophy.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Richard Murray may have made mistakes - Dowie being the obvious one - but nothing will ever temper my admiration, respect and love for the man.

Agree. Will be a sad day when he leaves Charlton.

Despite the honest mistakes if he hadn't made the many correct decisions that he did and if his calculated risks hadn't come off we wouldn't be so disappointed about not being in the Premier League as we'd have never got there in the first place.

So no one is interested in the Season tickets? Cos you not renewing anyway or because you are renewing anyway I guess : - )
  • Options
    And that is why when everyone questions the board, they should well alone.
    This man loves our club as much as we do maybe even more!!
  • Options
    but then bourne, there are some that want him gone. The trogs.
  • Options
    Pete;
    "15 years of unpaid work........." ?
    hmmmm........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not interested in the season tickets because I will be getting one anyway, whether the prices goes up, down or stays the same. Imagine spending all your spare money on someone & the benefactor constantly criticises you & blames you for everything that goes wrong, yet doesn't acknowledge the things you have done right. Sack the board....do me a favour!
  • Options
    Without Murray there would have no Curbishley FACT !!!

biggest shock in the article is the Evening Gooner knowing we were in London at all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

biggest shock in the article is the Evening Gooner knowing we were in London at all.

Ain't that the truth.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Richard Murray may have made mistakes - Dowie being the obvious one - but nothing will ever temper my admiration, respect and love for the man.

He may never have pulled on the famous red shirt but as far as I am concerned he represents the very essence of Charlton Athletic Football Club.[/quote]

Well said

Wonder who the 6 players were ???

doesn't bother me if the Season Ticket prices stay the same, I'll be buying one whatever...
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And interesting statement about season tickets.

Hope this can be a sticky too.

I think who is Manager is going to be as important as price to some. Not me, I'll renew anyway, but I know quite a few that are going to be swayed by whom the Boss is.

Yes, make it a sticky. Is it because I started it and I'm not part of the right clique that it isn't a sticky already. If only I was AFKA .......

Blimey, as I was typing it was stickied. Do the Admin read our posts as we are typing them ??
  • Options
    The article for me (after getting over the shock of it being something about us in the standard) just underlines what a man of true class and quality Richard Murray is, for all our stripey friends getting their knickers in a twist over what the bouncing satsuma could say to him if/when we go down the fact remains that Richard Murray has more dignity in his little finger than exists in the whole of Simon Jordans leathery body.
    We have fallen harder because we have been up higher for longer than the glaziers could ever dream of, it's easy to troll around in the comfort zone of tier 2 (occasional top flight flirtations apart)when that is all you know, when you have the vast majority of your income sliced after eating at the big table for so long it's bound to hit harder.
    With a man like Richard Murray around you know that Charlton will bounce back, and our non rivals will be dust once more.
  • Options
    I'm AFKA & so's my wife !
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]The article for me (after getting over the shock of it being something about us in the standard) just underlines what a man of true class and quality Richard Murray is, for all our stripey friends getting their knickers in a twist over what the bouncing satsuma could say to him if/when we go down the fact remains that Richard Murray has more dignity in his little finger than exists in the whole of Simon Jordans leathery body.
    We have fallen harder because we have been up higher for longer than the glaziers could ever dream of, it's easy to troll around in the comfort zone of tier 2 (occasional top flight flirtations apart)when that is all you know, when you have the vast majority of your income sliced after eating at the big table for so long it's bound to hit harder.
    With a man like Richard Murray around you know that Charlton will bounce back, and our non rivals will be dust once more.

What Pilchard said
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Yes, make it a sticky. Is it because I started it and I'm not part of the right clique that it isn't a sticky already. If only I was AFKA .......

Blimey, as I was typing it was stickied. Do the Admin read our posts as we are typing them ??

They can read your mind as well. : - )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Pete;
    "15 years of unpaid work........." ?
    hmmmm........[/quote]

Why the Hmmm, he does not draw a salary
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Pete,
    If you check the "accounts" over the last 10 years or so you'll find he did take awage for afew seasons;
    granted, its nowhere near what time and effort he has actually put into the club (along side others), but I don't think he's quiet the "hero" some people make him out to be.
    In my Opinion.
    Paul.[/quote]
    Thanks for putting me right on the wage! does not affect my feelings though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Pete,
    If you check the "accounts" over the last 10 years or so you'll find he did take awage for afew seasons;
    granted, its nowhere near what time and effort he has actually put into the club (along side others), but I don't think he's quiet the "hero" some people make him out to be.
    In my Opinion.
    Paul.
    Thanks for putting me right on the wage! does not affect my feelings though...

hmmm.
  • Options
    hmmm.[/quote]

Whats with all the bleeding hmmmmm's today??????
  • Options
    I wasn't going to bother reading this because of the paper it's from, but I'm glad i did now. we've had some bad luck and it's been a tough time to be an addick, but despite it all we're very lucky to have richard murray involved with our club.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i think PeteF that that was a private whisper to you and you have quoted it for us all to see.

so thats a hmmmm from me to. at his thoughts not at you by the way.
  • Options
    bugger sorry!
  • Options
    Note to all:

Never send a whisper to an obvious technophobe !!
  • Options
    Thats the daft thing AFKA I am not a technophobe at all..... Just full of flu and chest infection and currently have the atttention span of a gnat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]quite good, except we are not East London !!

Well actually........Oh I can't be bothered to go all through that again! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

we are west and south of the Thames so that is good enough for me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Mainly because you're wrong.