Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kits next season

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Someone mentioned we'll be having a new home and away kit next season. Is this true?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2009
    At the start of this season, the club announced a one year deal with the sponsor Carbrini. Therefore the kits would have only a one year run.
  • Options
    would be nice to get a say in next years kit, but surely its too late now they must already be in spain.
  • Options
    Haven't we got one year left with Joma?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]would be nice to get a say in next years kit, but surely its too late now they must already be in spain.

isn't the Joma contract up too ??
  • Options
    I doubt they are designed, as we don't know who will be our sponsors, if anyone is!
  • Options
    I've been told they will be sackcloth with an ashes motif.
  • Options
    charlton_athletic_1980-1981.gif

charlton_athletic_1974-1977.gif

charlton_athletic_1998-2000.gif

charlton_athletic_1972-1973.gif

one simular to these would be nice or do we go radical and go for the more white and red shirt like this as we could be re born again:

charlton_athletic_1964-1965.gif
  • Options
    I wouldn't have thought the change of sponsor would necessarily mean a change of kit design.

We usually have home kits for two seasons, but I notice the club shop has reduced the away one by 50% and has also reduced the home kit, although not by as much.
  • Options
    If there is a new design, I hope Joma get rid of the white in the home kit.

I know I've banged on about this, and to some people it's not important, but this season's kits are terrible - IMHO Henry ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    well, coincidentially, I bumped into Darren Ambrose at the Vauxhall Tavern Heaven last night. He said some of the first team had been consulted on the new kits. The home one is going to be red entirely with white sleeves and the away one white entirely with red sleeves. He himself requested that some pink be incorporated into both but was told that seeing as he wouldn't be wearing it then no it couldn't. Also said the new sponsor was a toss up between Ike and Mike or Superdeal in Plumstead High Street.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I bumped into Darren Ambrose at the Vauxhall Tavern last night

U sure Large.. was lilly savage on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I bumped into Darren Ambrose at the Vauxhall Tavern last night

U sure Large.. was lilly savage on?

ssshhhhhhhh, was trying to keep it quiet. Perhaps I should edit it.
  • Options
    A nice Umbro, Adidas or Nike kit with a decent (for tier 3) sponser and a team with enough pride in the shirt to get us back up.
  • Options
    he he... as long as you had fun mate who is to judge you...

lee-tracey.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Nike kit

aint sarfend kits made by nike?
  • Options
    I hope they give us a few options and we get to vote on the one we want this season - would be nice to feel involved again!

I wonder if we will get a sponsor on our backs as well next year.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Nike kit[/quote]

aint sarfend kits made by nike?[/quote]

Yes, it looks quite pleasant!
  • Options
    like this:

xamax_home_0809-265x3001.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    not quite as sober as that!
  • Options
    I'm sure I've seen teams from Sweden with what must be 20 different sponsor logos on their shirts. We might have to do that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I'm sure I've seen teams from Sweden with what must be 20 different sponsor logos on their shirts. We might have to do that![/quote]

yep Rock Spectacle had some dodgy kit on in the Con Club last home game that had sponsors all over it...

Personally I'd like a nice Adidas kit with some decent training wear (I might actually buy some then), simple plain red shirt, no fancy bits all over it
  • Options
    To be honest, when I saw the latest home kit design, my first thought was "That's a lower division kit if I have ever seen one !" Sadly proven correct for once.

I dont give a t0ss as long as it is red n white, what I especially do give a t0ss about is 11 players committed to CAFC playing in it next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite] I dont give a t0ss as long as it is red n white, what I especially do give a t0ss about is 11 players committed to CAFC playing in it next season.

Won't happen. FACT.

(One of them will have to wear a different colour).
  • Options
    I think the idea of fans input on the design was actually dismissed by the club last year....as far as I know the new design has already been agreed....something to do with lead times.
  • Options
    So just summing up - have we or have we not got a new kit next season?
  • Options
    Yes! ..............................................allegedly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]So just summing up - have we or have we not got a new kit next season?

Suggest you ask the Fans Forum members to chase up the club or contact the retail manager michael.rea@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I've been told they will be sackcloth with an ashes motif.

wizard.jpg
  • Options
    Slightly unfair to make Nicky Weaver model the new kit
  • Options
    Hopefully we'll have proper strip that looks like Charlton rather that something a chav might wear under his hoody.