Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kits next season

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Hopefully we'll have proper strip that looks like Charlton rather that something a chav might wear under his hoody.

exactly the chav would want to part hide it cos it's so vile....
    i mean this seasons kit is my least favourite home kit... even worse than the 'osca' kit(early eighties) that used to have flecks of stuff falling out of it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]ven worse than the 'osca' kit(early eighties) that used to have flecks of stuff falling out of it

charlton_athletic_1983-1984.gif
  • Options
    Both home and away kit this season were awful. I wore my old Viglin kit from the 90's last week, a decent coller, a little tag with the words "The Valley" on it. My Dad was wearing the "men in black" kit. Both brilliant kits. I might wear the Allsports yellow one on Saturday, more like those please!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]A nice Umbro, Adidas or Nike kit with a decent (for tier 3) sponser and a team with enough pride in the shirt to get us back up.

I'd love to think we could have a nice kit manufacturer like Adidas or Nike, but I think they're a bit choosy...I can't think of many in the lower divisions with their kits though so maybe there's a chance!
  • Options
    Oh contraire Rodney Oh Contraire ;o)
    That was once the case but Nike now manufacture kits for Grimsby Town, Southend United and Mk Donalds and these clubs are most definately behind us in the prestige dept. Adidas is a bit different but I am sure there are a few- though none spring immeadiately to mind. It has always puzzled me how the kit process goes. Do manufacturers court the clubs with potential supply pitches/designs or do the clubs court the manufacturers? Perhaps a lifer out there could answer that most perplexing of puzzles.
    Most people only care that the players wearing said strip give their best for the shirt but it would be lovely to do it in a nice shirt for a change. I would like a return to Le coq Sportif who I felt provided us with our best kits 1998-2003 (apart from the classic 86/88 design by Adidas which was frankly brilliant) Joma are hit and miss and it would be nice to have a change.
  • Options
    Not to mention Nike are doing Palace's kits from next season. So clearly they are not choosy. They only do the riff-raff teams now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Not to mention Nike are doing Palace's kits from next season. So clearly they are not choosy. They only do the riff-raff teams now.
    Maybe... just maybe they're wise in picking the top team in South London as of May! :( TBH I think our sense of superiority has been our downfall since we came out of the premiership.We need to wise up..how can we slag off other teams that have Nike when we have.....JOMA.
  • Options
    i think henry was saying something about Nike as a kit manufacturer the other day. from memory it seemed that they aren't choosy about who they make for but the deal we would get wouldn't be so appealing. sorry if i've got this all wrong, maybe henry can clarify or say which thread it was on. He can also say if i have imagined this.

Our away kit was nice this year i thought.
  • Options
    Yeah non-league clubs have Nike, but they're only generic template type kits in the clubs colours.
  • Options
    Get REDBUS back :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Stoke's kit by Le Coq Sportif is nice too...
  • Options
    CEO Steve Waggott answered at the December supporters' meeting at Bromley that the kits would remain the same next season, but the sponsor may be different, since it was only a one-year deal with an option that Cabrini may or may not take up. When asked if the club would produce a new sponsor iron-on sticker to put over Cabrini, he answered no, but the shirts would available at a reduced price since it would be same one with only a different sponsor.

He also said that there was one more season to run on the deal with Joma.
  • Options
    I've heard that the two manufacturers in the frame are Primark and Matalan.
  • Options
    heads up lads.....my nans just got the order to knit the kit for next year......gleaming what i can looks like the squads being reduced to 15 as they only want that number ... red and white horiz stripes.....( normal nans stuff will turn pink after first wash ) .....no sponsors just going to have fans who pay for kits picture ironed on front......and club will be selling the pattern instead of shirts.......needles smoking at mo hope to be wearing for PNE game with matching bobble hat !! .... and away kit skins !! cut back again....
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]Get REDBUS back[/quote]

The kit manufacturer for us then is the same as Stoke's now hence the decent design.
    Our current home kit smacks (as another lifer said) of lower league football, if we keep it for next season the image will be complete!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]I've heard that the two manufacturers in the frame are Primark and Matalan.

No, we're going more upmarket than that.

TK- Max
  • Options
    I don't understand why we have gone with Joma for so long. Other clubs have signed kit deals with various companies for x amount of years then have turned up in a strip made by someone else by the following season. I remember years back Leeds were all triumphant having signed a 10 year deal with Admiral and the following year they had a Nike strip!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    J D Sports are knocking out the adults home tops for £19.99 if anyones intrested.
  • Options
    Funnily enough I have not seen any for sale in the markets of Thailand. I think the last one I saw on a market stalll was the Redbus kit. It might still be there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Leeds were all triumphant having signed a 10 year deal with Admiral and the following year they had a Nike strip!

Wasn't that because Admiral went bust?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Wasn't that because Admiral went bust?

there still going mate i thought? was the first strip i ever got was this one:

charlton_athletic_1988-1989.gif

think it was a hand down from another Lifer. ;-)

EDIT: ENGLAND CRICKET TEAM, LEEDS AND OTHERS SO STILL GOING
  • Options
    England cricket team are adidas aren't they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]England cricket team are adidas aren't they?

Correct, they were admiral before that.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]England cricket team are adidas aren't they?

might have just changed mate but deffo was so could be right:

England_cricket_459031a.jpg