Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Google Streetview

edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Streetview

Anyone played with this today? you can have a look at your front door, and your neighbours!

Comments

• Options
    Just saw the car driving through the town I work in - will have a play when I get home
  • Options
    sadly all the cars and vehicals are generic so AFKA cant see whose car is parked outside his house whilst he is at work... ;-) would have cost them a bomb to use real cars and buses.
  • Options
    Very Creepy, when was this done?
  • Options
    Well hurrah for my hedge, is all i will say.

Can they do this ? Is this not intrusion ?
  • Options
    Pretty bloody amazing really aint it! However, as friend or defoe says... creepy at the same time. Works in Oz and New Zealand aswell and i'm guessing The States.

Comon, who can be the first person to spot themselves! My house in New Eltham was taken 18th Septemeber because I had a 'welcome home banner' outside my house which was there for 1 day only, 18th September. What was you doing on the 18th September!!!
  • Options
    Just had a look but must be old photos as curtains drawn and car outside my house isn't there right now.
  • Options
    perfect for any wana be house breaker can plan your escape route should the filth turn up..
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Comon, who can be the first person to spot themselves!

I haven't seen myself but my colleague that I work with is shown in his drive getting something out of the boot of his car! He couldn't believe it when I showed him!
  • Options
    yeah it;s fantastic

knowledge boys are liking it.
  • Options
    Need a Kent one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the valley looks stunning. my gaff no on there but i can see my dad bogging out of the window at theres, bet he was think whats thaht numpty doing with that camera...
  • Options
    If you search SE1 8RT you can see me outside me outside the office, on the phone with a laptop bag and a short sleeve shirt. Good thing they blurred the face haha!
  • Options
    taverns old car is on the drive, which went at the end of june. so fairly old. and the Thames water men are on the opposite side of the road as i rotate it, as i think one is actually scratching his nuts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just had a look but must be old photos as curtains drawn and car outside my house isn't there right now.

yep, my car is at the station and the conservatory isn't open. At least I hope it isn't.
  • Options
    quite peturbed by this as i think it is a real invasion of privacy.

But at the same time i'm desperate to know people's postcodes so i can have a good old nosey !!!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    found my house..

googleplex.jpg
  • Options
    haha afka, funny you shoudl say that, i've got yours!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]quite peturbed by this as i think it is a real invasion of privacy. !!!

Exactly..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]quite peturbed by this as i think it is a real invasion of privacy. !!!

Exactly..

I know where you're coming from but to be fair you could go and visit the street if you really wanted to (it'd be difficult for me) - Just being devils advocate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Streetview

Anyone played with this today? you can have a look at your front door, and your neighbours!

That's pretty amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Handy if you are thinking of moving to an unkown area I suppose as you can check out the street and surrounding roads to at least get a visual impression rather than relying on the estate agent spiel..."it's a lively, vibrant area with a lot of youthful energy around the place" ...in other words a hell- hole with kids walking round armed with baseball bats.
  • Options
    I recall a news story a couple of weeks ago, about some burgler "doing" large houses eg footballers mansions, that he had researched on Google earth.
  • Options
    Google must be making a fortune from selling these pictures to various sources. Surely the people who own the houses should have a certain claim to "image rights" if they are!
  • Options
    I'm on it!!
  • Options
    Star Lane is covered, which is very brave of google!
  • Options
    We haven't got this up our way - it's grim up North in Hertfordshire. Should get it in about 5 years, along with those mobile phone things, I reckon.

Not quite in the same league, but if you're into this sort of thing, check out http://www.geograph.org.uk/. Photographs of the country by Ordnance Survey grid square. Some are deadly dull. Loads of pictures of the Charlton area - the Rose of Denmark and the Anchor are there.

I think people just take pictures and post them on the site. Each to his own.
  • Options
    Charlton pictures taken before the Reading game.
  • Options
    Oh and this was the car, as found at the back of my house one day.

Google Streetview Car
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    For those of you that know Bexley Village, that (not sure it was exactly the same type of vehicle) drove down at about 3.40, when all the school kids are out there, and they were all trying to get themselves into one of the images taken by the car.
  • Options
    Who's bloody car is that on my drive?

Seriously though, I see that all of the number plates and peoples faces are blurred. I'm guessing they must've had software that did all of that automatically - otherwise the office junior would've had his work cut out!