Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PARKINSON

Ok a serious question for Parky fans, You claim he is the man to get us back up again. If that were to happen would we then sack him at the end of next season before the championship started? as he is clearly clueless in this league.

Comments

• Options
    Starting to doubt that he is going to be the manager that gets us out of division 3......

On todays showing he is not able to motivate a team, let alone show the tacticle nous to breakdown an average team (with I add an awfull away record).

I might be wrong, but I got the feeling today that everyone from fans to players just didn't want to be there.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]Ok a serious question for Parky fans, You claim he is the man to get us back up again. If that were to happen would we then sack him at the end of next season before the championship started? as he is clearly clueless in this league.

no. it would be his team where as this is pardew's with a few players added in that were cheap, available and willing to come to the team bottom of the league. managing in the championship and in league one surely isn't that big of a jump. for me, if you can get a team out of league one you're probably good enough to keep a team in the championship
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]Ok a serious question for Parky fans, You claim he is the man to get us back up again. If that were to happen would we then sack him at the end of next season before the championship started? as he is clearly clueless in this league.

no. it would be his team where as this is pardew's with a few players added in that were cheap, available and willing to come to the team bottom of the league. managing in the championship and in league one surely isn't that big of a jump. for me, if you can get a team out of league one you're probably good enough to keep a team in the championship

I think most Hull fans and a good percentage of Addicks would argue that he isn't the man for either the Championship or Division 3.....
  • Options
    Everybody connected with the club accepted their fate weeks ago. Today the atmosphere was non existant. Even the pitchside announcer seemed subdued.

Once again Parkinson played only one striker up front which shows the mentality of the man. 4,5,1 or 4,4,1,1 whatever formation he calls it might just work away from home but it will never work at home. It is too negative and it shows how out of touch Parkinson, Kinsella and Chapple are. I don't believe that our players are good enough to get promotion next season, but if this trio are still in charge next season we can definatly forget it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite]

Once again Parkinson played only one striker up front which shows the mentality of the man.

Have we really got another striker who's good enough?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I might be wrong, but I got the feeling today that everyone from fans to players just didn't want to be there.

Not defending the players, and I couldn't be there today, but the players know just as much as us fans do how unlikely it is that we'll stay up.

Maybe it won't be, but it could be very different when he has to motivate them at the start of next season to get promotion, rather than just playing out the last few games of a terrible season.
    [cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite]I don't believe that our players are good enough to get promotion next season

Lets hope our new squad is because a lot of that team won't be here next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]

Lets hope our new squad is because a lot of that team won't be here next season.

Whatever our 'new squad' will be we will have had enough time to do research and scouting for League One players. That's the advantage of our situation - we know we're down. The other teams still think that they can stay up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Whatever our 'new squad' will be we will have had enough time to do research and scouting for League One players. That's the advantage of our situation - we know we're down. The other teams still think that they can stay up.

It's a very good point. I hope they are starting to form some ideas on who they want to bring in. Got to be some of the better players out there with contracts expiring.
  • Options
    And as I've said before....we do not want Forest to go down with us because they've been there too recently.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]And as I've said before....we do not want Forest to go down with us because they've been there too recently.[/quote]
    Jimmy - Look at the fixtures. Forest are coming down with Southampton. Two big fish we don't need. Norwich might be slightly better but certainly Plymouth. Having said that we need to worry about staying up next year not going up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parkinson cannot be allowed
    To be left in charge .The summer is
    Critical to arresting the freefall
    It needs a much more tactically aware
    Manager and one that can build with scant resources . The shame is Kinsella
    Might also be a victim of a complete
    Change
  • Options
    "no. it would be his team where as this is pardew's with a few players added in that were cheap, available and willing to come to the team bottom of the league. managing in the championship and in league one surely isn't that big of a jump. for me, if you can get a team out of league one you're probably good enough to keep a team in the championship"

This arguement it's Pardew's team does not make sense to me either! did he not have a say being Pardews assistance? The board need to start again and NOW if we are to be a force next season and come straight back up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite] Having said that we need to worry about staying up next year not going up.

Is this really worrying you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Forest are coming down with Southampton. Two big fish we don't need. Norwich might be slightly better but certainly Plymouth..

Southampton are in real financial shit - don't know if they'd be a threat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Forest are coming down with Southampton. Two big fish we don't need. Norwich might be slightly better but certainly Plymouth..

Southampton are in real financial shit - don't know if they'd be a threat

You say that with an ayre of confidence suggesting we are going to be pushing toward the top of tier three next season.

Have you watched us lately?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]P
    Have you watched us lately?

No but sometimes doing so actually clouds judgement more than not doing so. Must admit that I'm kind of hoping with that statement. My take on it is that what we're watching now should have little bearing on next season as I assume there to be many changes to the playing staff. I do expect us to have a very indifferent start as a result.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]"no. it would be his team where as this is pardew's with a few players added in that were cheap, available and willing to come to the team bottom of the league. managing in the championship and in league one surely isn't that big of a jump. for me, if you can get a team out of league one you're probably good enough to keep a team in the championship"

This arguement it's Pardew's team does not make sense to me either! did he not have a say being Pardews assistance? The board need to start again and NOW if we are to be a force next season and come straight back up.

pardew's big problem was his ego so how much of a say do you really think parky had over signings or tactics? Parky was a fan of iwelumo but he still went in the summer because he didn't fit pardew's plans. I'm sure he offered advice but as an assistant manager he had to go along with what the manager said.

anyway this thread was asking whether parky should still be sacked if he gets us promoted, not should he be manager in August 09.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Parkinson cannot be allowed
    To be left in charge .The summer is
    Critical to arresting the freefall
    It needs a much more tactically aware
    Manager and one that can build with scant resources . The shame is Kinsella
    Might also be a victim of a complete
    Change

Nice poem but I prefer rhyming ones....
  • Options
    Who are the "Parky fans", Al?
  • Options
    I suspect that by the time next seasons pre season starts and we see a few new players come in most of us will start as usual to get exited and up for the new season. All well and good but I think that if things don`t go right very quickly on the pitch we will see this club torn apart. Its not something I want to think about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'The Inspector asked : 'Who are the "Parky fans"? '

His mum? And I've heard a rumour even she's losing patience with him !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I suspect that by the time next seasons pre season starts and we see a few new players come in most of us will start as usual to get exited and up for the new season. All well and good but I think that if things don`t go right very quickly on the pitch we will see this club torn apart. Its not something I want to think about.

I'm with you on this one. The tragedy at the moment for me is the board doesn't appear too keen on thinking about it either and doesn't have the people to help or advise them, or this that too harsh?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Its all about FEAR isnt it. Parky was such a cop out choice based on the fear of failure (again) he was Pardew`s number two and he should never have been chosen. We were told results will determine if he gets the job ---------------FFS worse caretaker ever in any league. The Board may say (with some justification) that they couldnt afford a new man and all his staff as we had no dosh------------but they could have made that a factor in their search.
    Now we are truely stuck. There is even more fear of further failure if they bring in a new man. They cant be acused of knee jerk re-actions tho i mean jesus this guy is shit , but we are standing behind him !!
    I truely believe that we should have gamble on PDC when Pardew mugged us. He would have been such a breath of fresh air in the place---- the players would have been on edge , not just "same same" as when Parkinson got the job. PDC would have given us -- the fans a huge lift, He might have brought 2/3 players with him. Sir Cris Powell could have been given the job as number two. Instead what message did it send to the palyers who had failed under Pardew when Parkinson got the job ? carry on no change really required ?? and then after his fantastic caretakers set of results he is given the job ! so again to the players who have again failed its carry on and everything is fine?
    Now the board have to gamble --------------------- and it is a huge gamble THE CHOICE

* Stick with a guy who has little clue
    * Try someone else

sometimes there is a time to gamble and place your bet ---------------- Parkinson was the gambel made out of fear.
  • Options
    Have to agree GH. Next season is going to be a huge gamble whatever is decided. For me I want PDC brought in for all the reasons you state. Zola and De Mateo are proof that it can work. A gamble yes maybe but no more so than leaving PP in charge. Won`t happen of course.
  • Options
    I reckon we had as much chance fo getting PDC as Alex Fergusson! Maybe when Reed left, but hwo would want to launch their managerial career with a rudderless, money less, losing out fit???
  • Options
    Paolo must know that Charlton can be dug out of their present situation and I would suggest that CAFC would be a good place to start your managerial career. It is all academic I think.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Paolo must know that Charlton can be dug out of their present situation and I would suggest that CAFC would be a good place to start your managerial career. It is all academic I think.[/quote]

I Totally and utterly agree. For the following reasons
    1)PDC would attract a reasonable class of player(even to League 1)
    2)Other teams would have a general awe of the man (which hopefully in turn would rub off on our team)
    3)It would be great for him to start a managerial career at a club that has a genuine affection for him
    4)We can be sure that he would not tolerate below par performances the like that have become standard under PP.
    5)It would be a clear indication to fans that the club means business and thus season ticket sales would (hopefully) remain high.
    6)Staying as we are will achieve nothing and it may get a lot worse, Bradford City anyone?
  • Options
    Building on that Pilchard I also think that Paulo would bring a level of fitness and professionalism to the club that we have not seen since AC was at the helm.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Absolutely right. He may also have the abrasiveness to lose that 'Good ol', li'l ol Charlton' tag that we have built up for a while. Maybe he could inject some discliplined steel into our jaded club, a fresh uncompromising style that would be refreshing.
    Time for a change please!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Not sure I agree with Di Canio as manager, but after the past three seasons of shite I'm prepared to give anything a go. Not that I think he'd come to Charlton anyway - he's more likely to stay in Italy for a while and get his coaching badges, then get a place in Lazio's setup for a couple of seasons before trying his hand over here. Not saying he wouldn't come here in the future, but he's made no secret that he wants to manage Wet Spam some day and I'd hate for us to be some sort of stepping stone for him.

The Di Matteo/Zola comparisons are well wide of the mark though - largely because both of them have a reputation for being level-headed, sane individuals. the same certainly can't be said for Paolo, who is, to paraphrase Stephen King, as crazy as a shithouse rat.