Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

saturdays gate officially below 20k

2»

Comments

• Options
    oh come off it mate. you lot make me sick. always so negative claiming that you are realists.you think you can have it everyway.
  • Options
    Next seasons team will be on the whole a completely unknown quantity so why we should think we will be in a decent position to mount a promotion challenge I do not know. I am not negative just realistic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It's pretty scary as I am also seriously thinking now about not renewing next year. There is just no incentive (other than giving the club advanced money) for me to stump up the money.

I'll probably go to most games but it will be buy on the day. Just how I feel at the moment.

You feel exactly the same as me.
    Depending on how next seasons fixtures fall i could already be missing 3 home games due to stag do's and weddings so there's no real incentive when you can just turn up and pay on the day.
  • Options
    i'm looking forward to next season. everyone involved with the club can't wait for this one to be over. you have to keep a little bit of optimism for the next season or what's the point.

people will feel better when the summer changes happen and by July most of us will be counting the days to the new season
  • Options
    we've just got to get over the grief from palace and millwall associates ... it's just slowly building up
  • Options
    people will feel better when the summer changes happen and by July most of us will be counting the days to the new season

Let's see who stays, who goes, and who comes in.

One thing is certain we are going to have a radically reduced squad next season and there'll be a lot of changes, not all of them will be welcome ones.

Anyway in July I'll be watching the Ashes.
  • Options
    I only live round the corner so it wasn't really a decision about whether to go or not, but I can totally understand why anyone with a long journey would have chosen to give it a miss.

The Birmingham game is in the top pricing category, so to sit where I am in the East Stand will cost £30 - can't see too many takers on the day for that one...

Add in the fact there seemed quite a fair share of freebies on Saturday, and it is all a bit depressing.
  • Options
    I didnt go on Saturday and probably wont go again apart from the last game.

If it wasnt for the fact that I like seeing family and my usual seat I wouldnt renew next season because I think there will be loads of deals on and I have often paid more to have a season ticket than if I had of gone to every game on a match by match basis.

I am sure I will be ok in August but for the time being I have completely fallen out of love with the Charlton matchday experience.
  • Options
    Ive been saying for a while that people easily get out of the habit of going to games.....they arent so easy to get back...........sub 10k crowds unless we hit the ground running in my opinion.....and the longer this situation goes on, the less likely that is of happening...everything surrounding the club is filled with apathy right now, and Im really at a loss on what we can do about changing it.
  • Options
    The turnstile count on Saturday was just under 14,500 and just above the figures for the Derby and Coventry games in December.

There were 900 Preston fans.

In terms of the 20,000, the club took a decision to let it dip under and didn't issue as many comps on Saturday as it has for some previous games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when are the derby tickets going on sale airman?
  • Options
    Wow, the numbers above have opened my eyes, if they are correct we could without doubt be looking at crowds below 10,000 next season.

Very worrying!!!
  • Options
    14,500 was the same gate Palarse got ok on TV but also against Reading.

Airman think there should be a big push for a sellout against Norwich --- they will have 3,000 and i have a feeling we could sell it out.
  • Options
    GH.....really, you actually think we could sell out....I dont think thats likely to happen for a very long time now myself.....I hope you are right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]GH.....really, you actually think we could sell out....I dont think thats likely to happen for a very long time now myself.....I hope you are right.

On paper we might get close - if you include the ST holders etc and if Norwich do bring 3K or so, that will depend on whether they need the points to stay up, if they are already safe/already relegated I doubt you'd get anywhere near that.

But the club would have to do something creative with the pricing to entice the home fans.
  • Options
    For one reason or another Saturday was my first game since Christmas. Seeing so many empty seats was a bit of a shock to be honest and must bring home to the Board that something has to change if that's not to be a sign of our long term future.

Still shelled out £24 for the Saints game though...must be bonkers.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    people i know who aint been hardly at all are defo going, celebrate religation as we have in the past -------------- PARTY . If the price is right a cant see why not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]14,500 was the same gate Palarse got ok on TV but also against Reading.

Airman think there should be a big push for a sellout against Norwich --- they will have 3,000 and i have a feeling we could sell it out.

Same as their official attendance but our official attendance was 19k.

Just as our turnstyle count was less than the official attendance it is very possible that Palace had less actual bodies in the ground than the official figure given.
  • Options
    The Yeovil Carling Cup match was a forerunner of next season I fear...

Anybody that was there will know what I mean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]GH.....really, you actually think we could sell out....I dont think thats likely to happen for a very long time now myself.....I hope you are right.

On paper we might get close - if you include the ST holders etc and if Norwich do bring 3K or so, that will depend on whether they need the points to stay up, if they are already safe/already relegated I doubt you'd get anywhere near that.

But the club would have to do something creative with the pricing to entice the home fans.

Narwich will sell out, no problem, whatever the circumstances. My Narwich boss doeasn't think he'll get tickets as he hasn't been to enough away games this season and there is big demand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose that Norwich fans will be clambering for a bit of cheer which a visit to the Valley will no doubt bring them ........
  • Options
    we will just have to watch out for them trying to get access to home sections as it will deffinatly not be on our end.