Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL - Do You Want Parkinson Out ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Yes get him out now!!!

Dont bother waiting till the end of the season!!!!
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No, not necessarily. I want any remaining wasters or players with attitde to p!ss off and earn their trade elsewhere and let PP bring in a few more of his own plaers to see what he can do, less any baggage/issues that remain. Give him at least a dozen games next season and if we are not in the top 6 and winning our fair share of games, then he should go.
  • Options
    The biggest concern surely over keeping Parkinson is that he can not manage above division 3, yes he did blinding for Colchester but then what?

I am afraid it is likening him to your top scorer in the championship and sticking with him in the prem when he only scores 6 goals instead of buying a player who can get you 10 or 15

if we want to yo yo between league 2 and 3 then keep him because one thing will be certain if we go up from the 3rd division he will bring us back down
  • Options
    all this 'he's done well at colchester' would be good for me if he hadn't been at our club but HE HAS been here for 2 years and coached/assisted/managed over the worst footballing period for charlton of my life FACT
    get him out now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The biggest concern surely over keeping Parkinson is that he can not manage above division 3, yes he did blinding for Colchester but then what?

I am afraid it is likening him to your top scorer in the championship and sticking with him in the prem when he only scores 6 goals instead of buying a player who can get you 10 or 15

if we want to yo yo between league 2 and 3 then keep him because one thing will be certain if we go up from the 3rd division he will bring us back down

If he took us up next season he would be out of contract at the end of it. So the Board could make a choice. Now wouldnt that be fun. Getting rid of a Manager that had just got us promoted and with lots of exciting home wins behind us. There would be uproar from the fans. Well we can dream cant we!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The biggest concern surely over keeping Parkinson is that he can not manage above division 3, yes he did blinding for Colchester but then what?

If he took us up next season he would be out of contract at the end of it. So the Board could make a choice. Now wouldnt that be fun. Getting rid of a Manager that had just got us promoted and with lots of exciting home wins behind us. There would be uproar from the fans. Well we can dream cant we!!

Dream! man you are deluded old bean uproar from the fans we are going into the 3rd division and some pople are still not in uproar ;-)
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    A dozen 'nos' and a handful of 'not sures' in 100 posts.

Not scientific, but on this straw poll it's probably fair to say he appears to have lost the support of a good 75 per cent of us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]A dozen 'nos' and a handful of 'not sures' in 100 posts.

Not scientific, but on this straw poll it's probably fair to say he appears to have lost the support of a good 75 per cent of us.

Quite a few people have posted more than once so not sure on the stats but youre probably right. The next few games are crucial for me. When we are relegated all kinds of stupid things can happen so its the next couple/few games that matter to me. I would rather see us lose 4-3 and be down to 9 men than another dull insipid draw. Still at least we can draw inspiration from the reserves..........err not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]he appears to have lost the support of a good 75 per cent of us.
    I'd say that 60% of that 75% didnt support him in the first place....
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    'WSS : 'I'd say that 60% of that 75% didnt support him in the first place....''

If you're talking about the moment he was made permanent manager, probably higher.

If you are talking about the moment when he became caretaker, probably lower.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]No, not necessarily. I want any remaining wasters or players with attitde to p!ss off and earn their trade elsewhere and let PP bring in a few more of his own plaers to see what he can do, less any baggage/issues that remain. Give him at least a dozen games next season and if we are not in the top 6 and winning our fair share of games, then he should go.

so 12 games in and we are say mid table having won just two games. He is sacked. Kins appointed temporarily. We search for new manager. Get new manager, 16 games gone. New manager wants to bring in his players, another rebuilding in January. Next season down the pan. If Parky is going it has to be at the end of this season.
  • Options
    It should be as soon as the relegation is confirmed i aint saying it isnt going to happen i just mean as soon as Jeff nice bloke stelling says and Charlton are down and in the 3rd tier of English soccer for the first time in 20 odd years

the next thing out of the club should be Parky

Kins to take over remaining fixtures with Damien Mathews

PDC appointed at the last home game of the season

18 thousand season tickets sold within 2 hours

now thats dreaming