Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The demon carrier bag

2»

Comments

• If you speak to someone from Greenpeace, while they would rather plastic wasnt used for bags, they really arent all that bothered about carrier bags etc.

there really are more important things to worry about.

Biggest environmental threat to this world comes from the loony religious nuts in the States who think its not global warming but Armageddon and god punishing us.
  • edited March 2009
    My only environmental concerns for bags are that they arent chucked in rivers but thats the same of shopping trolleys, hamburger stands, ww2 warplanes etc.
  • edited March 2009
    Do all the usual things re recycling , but as a tip i find that the ashes of burnt Gooners are fantastic for vegetables. Its manure returning to its basic elements i guess.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Do all the usual things re recycling , but as a tip i find that the ashes of burnt Gooners are fantastic for vegtables. Its manure retuning to its basic elements i guess.

Your a naughty man sometimes..lol
  • There are a number of manufacturers who make biodegradeable carrier bags which are made from corn starch, the problem is that they cost more than the traditional plastic carrier bag.
  • My partner is a part time Cambridge diet counsellor, so if any of you want to lose weight...you know who to contact :-), we re-use all our carrier bags to put her stock in for her clients, so kind of recycling.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My partner is a part time Cambridge diet counsellor, so if any of you want to lose weight...you know who to contact :-), we re-use all our carrier bags to put her stock in for her clients, so kind of recycling.

Sorry off topic
    Whats involved in that diet Da9, the good lady wants to shed a "few stone" for the son's wedding in september;) and whats it gonna cost me?
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My partner is a part time Cambridge diet counsellor, so if any of you want to lose weight...you know who to contact :-), we re-use all our carrier bags to put her stock in for her clients, so kind of recycling.

Sorry off topic
    Whats involved in that diet Da9, the good lady wants to shed a "few stone" for the son's wedding in september;) and whats it gonna cost me?

It should save you money - diets don't work except in the short term. Simply get her to exercise more and eat less and in particular consume less fatty carbo foods and drinks. You don't need expensive diets, just a bit of ommon sense and will power...
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Sorry off topic

know a few people who have done the cambridge diet supopsed to be amazing results, very expensive tho so if DA9 can help with that defo wort looking into no that i need it... ;-)

corden1205_468xx299.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Loving all the Clarksonalikes on this thread!
  • Supermarkets should provide biodegradable bags, it is profiteering and it will have no effect whatsoever on the enviromental damage we are doing.

Why do things need so much packaging, it is ridiculous, you buy an electric razor and it takes you half an hour to get through all the layers of plastic to actually get to the bloody thing.

Recycling is not playing your part in helping the environment, unless it is aluminium cans, then it uses more energy and fossil fuels to recycle the material than to make a new one.

Personally i blame the press, including the aforementioned express and the daily mail, for supporting jokes like green peace who just jump on band wagons without finding out the facts. What we need are waste incinerators, something everyone has been turned off of once again by the press, "they are an eyesore" etc. A problem which can be easily sorted with a bit of landscaping. Further to this press influence there is no evidence accepted by the scientific community of anything being wrong with GM crops but once again people have been completely turned off them by the press based on one very flawed experiment.

I'll stop now before i get a little bit too carried away...
  • Who ever throws them away anyway? I can't be the only person who has a draw full of 'em in my kitchen.

Ooh. That could come in handy. NOT 2,000 OF THE BUGGERS!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Sorry off topic

know a few people who have done the cambridge diet supopsed to be amazing results, very expensive tho so if DA9 can help with that defo wort looking into no that i need it... ;-)

corden1205_468xx299.jpg

It works if you stick to it, you have to be disciplined, my partner is the proof, Goonerhater can vouch for that, but it is for the short term only.
    Depends on what you mean by expensive, what you spend on the products (shakes, bars, soups, waters etc) you save on food shopping as you can only have these (there are medical reasons for this as well) during the diet period, its all done with doctors consent only and there are strict rules on alcohol etc, for very good reasons.