Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clough (and The Damned Utd)

2»

Comments

• Options
    went to see the film today and wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be.

Couldn't get out of my head the vision of Sheen as Kenneth Williams and it missed out some quite interesting things from the book

Would suggest that anyone that hasn't read the book would enjoy the film more

On a plus note we saw it at the apollo cinema piccadilly which was really nice all round , nice toilets , comfy seats , screen size not too big , can buy booze and take it to your seat and at £9.00 actually not too bad a price for west end
  • Options
    Saw the film this weekend and thought it was a decent effort, sheen was brilliant. think they could have made a different, darker film if they'd stayed truer to the book although doubt it would have been half as popular, but i really cant get my head around why his family are so offended by it - in the film especially, clough is clearly the hero.
  • Options
    BA, I think the families main concern was the book. Clearly this film has Brian as the hero. I think though, I'd be pretty unhappy if somebody had written a book about somebody you knew intimately and tried to get inside his mind (which no one can) and then produce a film "based on" the book. There were disputes apparently over the level of swearing, the smoking and no doubt much of the dialogue which was made up.

I think once the word gets out that this really is a film celebrating Brian in his pomp, they will grudgingly accept it.