Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And Now the end is near...

Comments

• Most people would concur that performances have improved......showing more passion.

WTF? Is he watching the same sh!t we do?
  • Most people would concur that performances have improved......showing more passion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 wins from our last 25 games.......No Waggott I do not concur that performances have improved.
  • I know what he means, not quite as much of an improvement as he is suggesting. And with our results it doesn't really matter.

If only we had a couple of goalscorers up front to go with the rest of the team.
  • "There are a tough few months in store as we restructure the business, but, in the event of relegation, our tasks would include assembling a squad that could give us the opportunity to bounce straight back."

May just be semantics but that doesn't sound very positive to me!
  • 'Everyone knows it's been a poor season, so the question is how to devise a strategy that encourages fans to play their part in helping us bounce back alongside generating important income.'

so firstly we have to answer the question of how to devise a stategy before actually getting on and devising one and then implementing it. For God's sake cut the crap and get on with it.
  • [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]"There are a tough few months in store as we restructure the business, but, in the event of relegation, our tasks would include assembling a squad thatcouldgive us the opportunity to bounce straight back."

we said this when we went down from the prem..
  • More bait for Nick Gray!
  • it shows that no-one buys the programme anymore. That article was in there six days ago and on-one on here mentioned it's content.
  • Sales on programmes are minimalist now...I asked this question at the last FF meeting
  • more spin !!

exactly how stupid do they think we are ?
  • Sponsored links:

• We have stars? Bugger I must have missed seeing them....Apart from the obvious, who wants any of the underperforming tossers to stay anyway...probably not what we wanted hear really....
  • Why not publish Steve Waggotts programme notes from the Swansea game when he stated the squad that had been put together would make us one of the 8 or 9 clubs fighting for promotion?
  • I said on another thred yesterday its almost becoming funny now just how bad we are on and off the pitch, Waggot needs to go get his mate Stan and go back to making silent movies, seriously Gervias, woody allan, chistopher guest, larry david and jerry sinfield could not write this stuff.
  • And the TV money for the Championship is going up next season too - typical, we miss out yet again (a la Prem)!!! :-(
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Sales on programmes are minimalist now...I asked this question at the last FF meeting[/quote]

scrap the programme as a cost-cutting exercise (or greatly scale it down). Most people have the internet nowadays anyway?, I used to buy a programme every single game but haven't bought one for about 5 years now.
  • There's nothing humorous - intentional or otherwise - about ''the restructure of the business'' Waggott talks about. It's going to be bloody and brutal.

Just went back to the AGM thread to see what was said about projected losses for next year and here it is :

''The projected loss for the next financial year should be around £1.5m, with another £3m if we are relegated.''

So in other words, the projected loss for next year is now £4.5 m. Can we sustain that? Or are the administration rumours going to surface again? £4.5 million is an awful big annual deficit for a club in tier three...

Still seems to me that it would have been worth gambling some of that additional £3m loss we now face back in Nov/Dec on an impact manager who might have kept us up. But what do I know?
  • Sales are as low as 2-3K a game anyway...it needs scaling back content wise and a good way to bring the costs down to £1.50 ish....£3.00 is too much...
  • Bought a programme for first time in about 5 months last Saturday.

Had a quiet chuckle to myself whilst reading the nonsense that Waggott was spouting.

He might not be a total clown (although I am yet to be convinced of that) but I don't think he is helped by having to live up to his predecessor.

Got very excited by the wind up last week re: Varney heading a consortium to buy the club out.

The days of piss poor footballing & business decisions would be over with him at the helm.

The majority of these types of statements that Waggot has come out with make me cringe.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Sales are as low as 2-3K a game anyway...it needs scaling back content wise and a good way to bring the costs down to £1.50 ish....£3.00 is too much...[/quote]

Yes does need scaling down 2-3 k no shock used to see loads with them a few years back all redaing before the game and at half time rare nowdays
  • To be fair to Steve, Ive found him to be very open and honest. At the end of the day do you expect him to be negative like we are on here? Cant see the point of that....he is trying to run a business and right now he is the right man for the job. There is no point in looking back....we have to look to the future now.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure the communications staff face cutbacks like everybody else at The Valley.

You needn't worry about the programme. I don't think it's going to be 68 pages long in div three next season!
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]To be fair to Steve, Ive found him to be very open and honest. At the end of the day do you expect him to be negative like we are on here? Cant see the point of that....he is trying to run a business and right now he is the right man for the job. There is no point in looking back....we have to look to the future now.

I think you're right Tel - he's in an impossible position and to the outsider it's just as difficult to tell whether he knows what he's doing or not!

If he or the Board say nothing it's wrong - and if they do say something it too is wrong! The reality is that there is no positive news of any kind around the club - on or off the field (except perhaps for community issues)- and to try and drum up customers and interest in that kind of environment is like p1ssing in the wind! All it does is come straight back at you!

I think it is clear to everyone that the timing of our demise over the past few years could not have been worse and that without significant investment coming from somewhere the potential for a successful future is very bleak.
  • edited March 2009
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite].

couldn't agree more Nigel, not much to add to that as it says it all except :,;
  • A decent article from a decent man working very hard to improve the situation at the club.
    Not somone who owns the club just an employee.
    Hasnt kept a low profile has gone out on match days and talked face to face with fans.
    I spoke to him very briefly after the AGM and I dont think he had seen his family for some time and was working extremely long hours to try and turn around this awful period in our history.

But no slag him off.

Its not what he says that makes me cringe.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

He might not be a total clown

thats just f*cking rude.

Im with you peanutman. Fekk me waggot isnt a player. He's not even the team manager. He's just doing his job in very difficult circumstances.
  • I dont doubt he is a nice guy , working long hours and worried about his own job ----------------but please dont tell me yet gain how "everyone can see performances on the pitch have improved" ------------------hog wash !! plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz playe shit and win then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]"everyone can see performances on the pitch have improved"

calling him a clown etc is out of order and he is just an employee trying to do a difficult job in difficult circumstances BUT if you want to come out with the rubbish above then you have to accept you are going to get more than a few brickbats in response
  • edited March 2009
  • I think Steve gets a lot of unfair criticism to be honest. You cant fault the hours he puts in.....I got an email at 7am on Monday morning and he can often be seen at the Valley at 10pm....he has got to stay upbeat hasnt he....we are playing better....just shows how crappy we were earlier in the season. Much to be done between now and August, and we all have our part to play...dont forget that we support the club, not those who pass through it.