Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

f1 2009

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just seen that too WSS. What a fecking joke.
  • Options
    Absolute joke, as it says on that BBC article, why not jut reclassify Trulli as 3rd and Hamilton as 4th?
  • Options
    Hamilton and McClaren have both now been disqualified and Trulli re-instated to 3rd. It seems Hamilton did not reveal all relevant info to the inquiry. There is no appeal against the decision so no points for either of them.
  • Options
    Every race there is an appeal over results, getting a bit too much now.
  • Options
    The anti Mclaren brigade a FIA strike again, if it was Ferrari there would be no penalty full stop pathetic. Only sport in world where results change weeks later, they do little to help their own cause the FIA.
  • Options
    FIA = Farrari International assistance!

What a crock of shee ite!
  • Options
    Normally I'd agree, Kets and MCS, but does sound like Hamilton was chancing it a bit this time - naughty boy.
  • Options
    Reading more into it, haven't McLaren basically been found out for trying to claim ONE extra place? If they'd kept quiet they'd have got 4th place which in the circumstances was a great result.
    Also i must admit i'm not an avid follower of F1 unlike some on here, but what's the general opinion of the case over these rear diffusers? Will it get rejected in which case Brawn are likely to stroll away with the title?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The anti Mclaren brigade a FIA strike again, if it was Ferrari there would be no penalty full stop pathetic. Only sport in world where results change weeks later, they do little to help their own cause the FIA.

Yep it's all a conspiracy, just as it was last year when err Hamilton won the title.
  • Options
    They won't brand the diffusers illegal if they do they'd have to take point off of Toyota/Brawn and Williams. It would be an utter joke and the embarassment it would cause means it won't happen.

Plus if JB is up top all year it will be great B-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    joke

btw
    whos your faviourite driver

mines webber
  • Options
    The problem for the non-diffuser teams is they have a gearbox in the way of copying, so will need to do a new gearbox and in Red Bulls case new rear suspension as well. Which is not going to be cheap or quick (unless last years gearbox can be used).
  • Options
    After a good race to start the season with its a shame such farce has once again reared its head off the track even if you think the ruling is fair enough which could be right as "lying" is not good although it seems like a great big mis-understanding and then confusion really between the stewards in that they failed to deal with the situation fully first time around.

Not putting the sport in a positive light again and be even worse if the 3 teams with the exta diffuser get their results chalked off.

Sport should not be decided in courtrooms and with appeals.
  • Options
    cheat, liar and a tax dodger.
  • Options
    Ferrari fastest today, well it is more of a power than handling circuit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ron Dennis quits:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8001425.stm[/
    Intersesting i personally believe he was what made them great and i think they'll strugle now.
  • Options
    I tend to agree EA but not if you believe what you hear on the radio (thank god I don't). According to R5 just now not only has Ron fallen out with Mosley, Ecclesnome et al, he's also fallen out with Lewis Hamilton & his dad.

Whitmarsh has a tough task on his hands following big Ron.
  • Options
    A great British Team just hope the new guy does not drop the ball...hang on a minute is this not the Waggott Thread ? :-)
  • Options
    Dennis leaving was always on the cards - has been for some time.

I also think McLaren will struggle, as if they arent already.