Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PPL & PRS Licences (Disco's etc)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]£35 is a bargain mate, take it to an electrical engineer and they will sort the plug out in no time. It's worth making or buying a case for them to save a bit of room and so they don't get bashed about.

The pitch bend at the right has two controls. The plus and the minus buttons will do if your trying to drag a record down or just want to muck about and the fader control is for setting the pitch/speed/tempo at what you want but the red light will need to be on use the pitch button to turn that on and off.

The wheel is for cueing your record and can be used for mucking about with the sound a bit too but I tend to leave them alone.

They will serve you well and for £35 you will make money on them selling them to a part-time DJ or a venue to sit behind a bar.

So, when playing 1 cd, I can fade the volume down on that one, whilst bringing up the volume on cd2?
    Dont want to do anything whizz bang, just to play continous records etc

cheers Carter

Personally I use a computer and PCDJ software, which gives automatic continuous fade in/out of music. The Cd's now only tend to be used for back up or if someone hands me a track at the time.

I also use Zara Radio which is a free download, great for scheduling, but not much good for fading in and out automatically.

But in answer to your question, yes, the faders on the mixer will allow you to control the volumes on the two channels, (CD players) you are using, so that you can seamlessly switch between tracks.

I'm just lazy :-)

LOL...I think this novice now understands.....thanks
  • Options
    Yeah as above

In short, as one record comes to an end slide the corss fader over to the other channel (the other cd deck) on the mixer you can leave the volume at the same levels if you like and just by sliding the cross fader over that will glide one track into the other
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite][Personally I use a computer.
    As does Ketman
  • Options
    Ha Ha A Computer, do me a favour that is not DJ'ing I am sorry not for me :-)
  • Options
    Any of you guys know (sorry, I'm being a pain), what RCA/Phono cables would work with this unit?
  • Options
    The plain Red & White Left & Right ones you get with most stereo equipment should work. Although I would recommend buying a set of Cambridge Phono cables from somewhere like Richer Sounds, you will see the benefit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The plain Red & White Left & Right ones you get with most stereo equipment should work. Although I would recommend buying a set of Cambridge Phono cables from somewhere like Richer Sounds, you will see the benefit!

Cheers Kets, do they do them in different lengths?
  • Options
    Yep you can get 1m 2m or 5m I think. Cambridge do varying quality ones depending on Budget, Artic, Pacific & Azur I think they are called.
  • Options
    'See the difference'?
  • Options
    I can do all that fade in and out with my laptop....................Runs for cover ;)