Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Old April Fools wind up) GLASGOW RANGERS TO BUY CONTROLLING STAKE IN CHARLTON

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any ideas how long it will take for an official comment to be made?

Apparently people from Sentana and Sky are outside the valley already.

When it is on the OS then it will be true. until then anything could go wrong and maybe even this leak will scare them off.

OS have to wait until the Club give the nod to release all the details on 3 April as AFKA says in the article.
    I can't get on to the OS and sky sports news have announced that there will be major a press conference at the Valley at 1pm. They haven't stated what for but I think we may have a hunch...

Follow follow!
  • Options
    thats my opinion too Len. We've just announced redundancies and there's all this hilarity. Or Perhaps if true, the redundant people reading this may hope their jobs are saved by this news?
  • Options
    Henners won't be pleased about this..

;) ;) ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Apparently David and Richard Murray are also distantly related.

I wondered about that but apparently not according to one of them when I last spoke to him. Can't say which one ; -)

well Ally McCoist said they were and he's a legend so it must be true.
  • Options
    Kelvin McKenzie is a Scottish name. Apparently they're going to offer him a seat on the board...when he said in his Sun column that he was thinking of going to support Rangers you fools didn't get the hint and you all thought he meant QPR. Suckers!
  • Options
    Just emailed a Rangers fan and he says they are broke and on the verge of bankruptcy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Henners won't be pleased about this..

;););)
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Henners won't be pleased about this..

;););)

er? have you read the article?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]thats my opinion too Len. We've just announced redundancies and there's all this hilarity. Or Perhaps if true, the redundant people reading this may hope their jobs are saved by this news?

If it is true why put those poor people through all that anguish for 24 hours?
  • Options
    I couldn't find anything on the Sky or Setanta websites about this. Colour me skeptical, but intrigued. If there is any truth to this, regardless of which side of the Old Firm one comes down on, I can well understand supporters of the club being even more upset with this than the Zabeel affair...
  • Options
    Len & Curbs.
    I'm with yous 2 on this.
    I know its Aprol 1st (Ha ha), but shouldn't joke about peoples livelyhoods.
    Would be nice if "someone" came in with some money ;
    I'm hoping it was East Stirling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is today's date? Oh wait a minute...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Len & Curbs.
    I'm with yous 2 on this.

or east fife
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]thats my opinion too Len. We've just announced redundancies and there's all this hilarity. Or Perhaps if true, the redundant people reading this may hope their jobs are saved by this news?

If it is true why put those poor people through all that anguish for 24 hours?

sorry, its not true, course its not true. i have only just read the article.

very poor timing but am sure they werent to know they would announce that news at the same time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    Where has that joke happened?
  • Options
    I was under the impression from what I'd read in the press that Rangers are skint and are in dire straights themselves...
  • Options
    I just thought maybe the kit will be red and blue..that would look good :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Just emailed a Rangers fan and he says they are broke and on the verge of bankruptcy.
    That's a lie, but money is tight there, which is why they can't afford to buy a team in the premiership.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Len & Curbs.
    I'm with yous 2 on this.

I'd prefer Inverness Caley personally....
  • Options
    Is anyone actually believing this?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any ideas how long it will take for an official comment to be made?

Apparently people from Sentana and Sky are outside the valley already.

When it is on the OS then it will be true. until then anything could go wrong and maybe even this leak will scare them off.

OS have to wait until the Club give the nod to release all the details on 3 April as AFKA says in the article.
    I can't get on to the OS and sky sports news have announced that there will be major a press conference at the Valley at 1pm. They haven't stated what for but I think we may have a hunch...

Follow follow!

Balls. Have been watching Sky sports news since nine, and nothing has been mentioned about a press conference.

Nice wind up, but in pretty poor taste imo for one of the 25 possible people losing their jobs from the club shortly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A story about closing the north stand next season might have been 'funnier'
  • Options
    Good idea, lousy timing. 25 people about to lose their jobs.
  • Options
    :-) Nice try Dan....
  • Options
    OKay, okay, was going to wait until the traditional midday announcement but i'll blow the whistle on this now seeing as some are taking it far too seriously and i don't want to upset anyone.

Of course it is a joke. It is April Fools Day. No one takes anything seriously on the morning of April Fools Day.

Thanks to those that saw it as obvious and played along, and i'm sorry to those that didn't and took it seriously. Personally i thought that the changing of our name on April Fools Day would have made it obvious enough.

No, we did not know about the reduncies at the club when we did this, and had it been the club making joke attempts (as it traditionally does), then i agree that would have been in poor taste. But this was just intended as a bit of fun to make a bit of light of our situation, that's all.
  • Options
    HAPPY APRIL FOOLS ;o)
  • Options
    Hear, hear, AFKA. Apologies to anyone who got upset by the timing - certainly was not the intention.
  • Options
    Gosh !! Really !!!!
  • Options
    The trouble is so much of what is happening at Charlton at the moment is totally unbelievable, so any mad story could be true.
  • Options
    The penny has dropped for some of you.

Was a very well crafted hoax, though understand sentiments about those facing redundancy. Wish them well.