Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(Old April Fools wind up) GLASGOW RANGERS TO BUY CONTROLLING STAKE IN CHARLTON

Comments

• so Ally McCoist is a fecking liar after all !!!
  • I think it is a double bluff from the Club.

Had me fooled anyway
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Could of done a more light hearted joke!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think it is a double bluff from the Club.

Had me fooled anyway[/quote]

And your citation was correct? When did you give this?

Members of Charlton’s Fans Forum were uncontactable late last night, but Bromley Supporters Group representative Ben Hayes said “I’m shocked. I know the board are also Charlton fans, and would not undertake such a deal without having the best intentions of the club at heart, and i think on this one we are just going to have to trust them and wait and hear what they have to say. But i can understand not all Charlton fans will be happy with this and i encourage them to contact Fans Forum representatives with their views. It makes sense now why the club have delayed announcing season ticket prices for next season. Charlton Rangers is something i am going to have to think long and hard about though, particularly as i am a lifelong Celtic follower. I’m sure i won’t be the only one with this dilemna”.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think it is a double bluff from the Club.

Had me fooled anyway

And your citation was correct? When did you give this?

Members of Charlton’s Fans Forum were uncontactable late last night, but Bromley Supporters Group representative Ben Hayes said “I’m shocked. I know the board are also Charlton fans, and would not undertake such a deal without having the best intentions of the club at heart, and i think on this one we are just going to have to trust them and wait and hear what they have to say. But i can understand not all Charlton fans will be happy with this and i encourage them to contact Fans Forum representatives with their views. It makes sense now why the club have delayed announcing season ticket prices for next season. Charlton Rangers is something i am going to have to think long and hard about though, particularly as i am a lifelong Celtic follower. I’m sure i won’t be the only one with this dilemna”.

Well it says late last night so I guess that that was when it was.
  • Its even made it onto Newsnow......Well done Dan, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Expect a visit from Mick Everitt with a banning order next home game ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Its even made it onto Newsnow......Well done Dan, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Expect a visit from Mick Everitt with a banning order next home game ;-)

Mick is a Rangers fan so he'll be very annoyed : - )
  • if it had been anyone but Rangers I would have played along AFKA & the news from yesterday too, I just wasn't up for it

sorry
  • You guys had me going for a minute i believed it hook line and sinker
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't get me i'm afraid - I got my girlfriend this morning :

I phoned her and said

"Hey babe someones just crashed into the back of me and written my car off"

Her reply"oh my god really? are you ok?"

"Yeah i'm fine what's today's date for the insurance form?"

" 1st of.... You B****RD"
  • edited April 2009
    how did people fall for this?! even on april 1st.

The Alan Shearer appointment story would have been a brilliant april fools joke. all these over-excited geordies would be devastated.
  • nice try but perhaps many of us have lost our sense of humour where charlton are concerned, just too close to the bone - our loss.

bit odd of the club to announce redundancies on april 1 too, but I guess they may have been obliged to do so.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]bit odd of the club to announce redundancies on april 1 too, but I guess they may have been obliged to do so.
    That was yesterday.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]nice try but perhaps many of us have lost our sense of humour where charlton are concerned, just too close to the bone - our loss.

bit odd of the club to announce redundancies on april 1 too, but I guess they may have been obliged to do so.

The club annoched the redundancies on the os website at around 6pm yesterday i believe. Another thread was placed on here at around this time i believe about the possible 25 people losing their jobs.
  • edited April 2009
    Oh I see, my mistake. I guess they couldn't follow it with an April Fool then in such circumstances
  • cos i am a sucker i spose ;-)

Ogsster when you read this

I am So Sorry buddy but i was sworn to secrecy me and Weegie were gonna have a big kick off but it all got to serious

shame was looking forward to sparring with Weegie
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]cos i am a sucker i spose ;-)

Ogsster when you read this

I am So Sorry buddy but i was sworn to secrecy me and Weegie were gonna have a big kick off but it all got to serious

shame was looking forward to sparring with Weegie

I'm sure we can find something else at some point, NLA? Wouldn't want to disappoint ;-)
  • we should leave it for a while Weegie and then lock our horns ;-)
  • edited April 2009
    There's a lot of taig,fenian, tarrier bassas on this site

Fishnets.

(I'll keep on coming back)
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought it was an april fool, but you still had me worried for a while....

NOT FUNNY AFKA
  • [cite]Posted By: CROG[/cite]There's a lot of taig,fenian, tarrier bassas on this site

Fishnets.

pratt
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CROG[/cite]There's a lot of taig,fenian, tarrier bassas on this site

Fishnets.

pratt

Charming.
  • How did anyone believe this? I mean, how could it happen anyway?

Let's assume that Rangers gradually make Charlton more Rangers. What's their purpose? To get into Europe through the English Premier League. The fans in Scotland would be in uproar because UEFA would never allow them to enter again from the Scottish league. One club would be a feeder for the other and it would more likely be the Scottish club. It would probably be good for us in all honesty.
  • I haven't read the "article" and didn't get past the first few posts on this thread.

Not even funny in my view given the circumstances, but am amazed by the number of people I saw in the first few posts alone clearly wetting their knickers about it. Jeez, there's no helping some people.
  • Make you right. I'm all for having banter but I thought this was in pretty poor taste.
  • Get over it people it was a Joke END OF!

It's like the BBC shenanigans with Ross and Brand all over again!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    It's like the BBC shenanigans with Ross and Brand all over again!

Yeah, it's EXACTLY like that. After all, I've been supporting those two fellas for over 30 years now and invested many thousands of pounds in them - only to see them end up virtually destitute and penniless, selling off the family silver and going around with a begging bowl.

Spot on mate.
  • Seriously it's a joke. It's April fools day. Bad stuff happens every day and some of it's close to home but it doesnt mean you cant have a joke especially on the one day of the year when it's all about making people fooled into beliving things that arent true. Had the joke been directly about those people who lost their jobs then fair point but it wasnt.
  • Agreed.