Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Return of the Dwarf.

On Dave next weekend (Easter) a new 3 parter with the return of Lister, Kryton,The Cat and Rimmer.
Details to follow...............

Comments

• Options
    The last new series was awful, so I'm not expecting much.

I hope it turns out that was all a dream and they will return to bumming around in star bug.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm dwayne dibbley............. classic

l22134912582_1159.jpg
  • Options
    "You Twonk !!"
  • Options
    This has obviously come about as they couldn't get it together to produce the mooted film.

To be honest I'm not expecting much, I thought things went downhill in series 7 and series 8 was just a pile of crap.

Surprised they have got Chris Barrie & Craig Charles in the same room to be honest. Rumours always used to circulate that they didn't get on, these escalated further when Barrie had bit parts in the later shows.

Wasn't Danny John Jules (cat) all over the tabloids a while back? Something to do with attacking a bin man.
  • Options
    feared the worst when i saw the title.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]feared the worst when i saw the title.....

Big ;-)
  • Options
    AFKA at blackheath fun fair..

zoltar.jpg
  • Options
    Lol - I'll dig out my Smeg Head T shirt!!!
  • Options
    listerscominghome.com
  • Options
    2009 Thread of the Year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brilliant !!
    Telegraph poles !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Brilliant
  • Options
    Met the guy who plays Kryton last year- very nice chap. Theres a RD convention coming up soon where they are all in attendence. Saw Craig Charles live a few years back as well as host of Robots Wars when my son and I went to see it filmed- what a great presenter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Met the guy who plays Kryton last year- very nice chap. Theres a RD convention coming up soon where they are all in attendence. Saw Craig Charles live a few years back as well as host of Robots Wars when my son and I went to see it filmed- what a great presenter.

And crackhead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]And crackhead

charles_228x148.jpg

And cleared of all rape charges.
  • Options
    All round nice guys !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]And crackhead

charles_228x148.jpg

And cleared of all rape charges.

He's a dick tried to start on my gf's dad! He is smaller than AFKA and a lot less threatening.
  • Options
    Hey! Smoke me a kipper............
  • Options
    Back To Reality
  • Options
    What to watch tonight ?

Red Dwarf (superb first 2 shows) or Lost ?
    Thank God for Sky+.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was achingly bad to be honest, and I quite liked most of the earlier series. Surprised at the reaction on here.
  • Options
    Thought the whole 3 parter (and making of....) was superb.
    Back to series 5 & 6 quality.
  • Options
    Watched all 3 of the new episodes back to back last night.

Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed. Thought it was piss poor.

The idea about seeking out their creator to ask for more life is stolen from the League of Gentlemen film.

Can only actually remember laughing 2 or 3 times. Completely underwhelmed.

I was a huge fan up until series 6. Think they should let sleeping dogs lie now.
  • Options
    I thought it was awful. The whole TV show angle was terrible & hard to watch at times.

There were a few good jokes in it though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Watched all 3 of the new episodes back to back last night.

Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed. Thought it was piss poor.

The idea about seeking out their creator to ask for more life is stolen from the League of Gentlemen film.

Can only actually remember laughing 2 or 3 times. Completely underwhelmed.

I was a huge fan up until series 6. Think they should let sleeping dogs lie now.

erm, it was stolen from Blade Runner, they even say that in the show, plus the fact the scene with the nose guy is a spoof (with many identical lines) of the scene in Blade Runner with the eye guy, the creator looks is made to look like the head guy in blade runner, as is his office building. There are loads of other references to blade runner too. I think you'll find that the league of gentleman film itself borrows from Blade Runner. I'm sure that blade runner itself probably borrows from far older stories/myths of creators being begged for longer life.

I actually thought it wasn't that bad, but my expectations after the last series were pretty low.
  • Options
    Never seen blade runner.

Don't remember them mentioning blade runner in the show. I guess that shows how well it held my attention.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Never seen blade runner.

Don't remember them mentioning blade runner in the show. I guess that shows how well it held my attention.

Never seen blade runner?!? Oh dear oh dear oh dear lol ;)
  • Options
    Part 1 was ok. Parts 2 & 3, dross. Used too be my favorite programme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Part 1 was ok. Parts 2 & 3, dross. Used too be my favorite programme.

Oddly enough I thought it was the other way around. Overall though, as feared, it wasn't very good.
  • Options
    I thought the first episode was ok but came across as trying too hard to be how it was before. The second two I thought were really poor in terms of the plot although had some good set pieces that made me laugh.

The problem with it in my view is that what makes a sitcom work generally is that the opposing characters are stuck with each other. In red dwarf they were stuck by being millions of years from getting home (essentially they couldn't) this three parter kind of broke that structure and the stuff with the creator of the show was atrocious as an idea and whilst the ending tried to justify the approach they had used the same device in previous episodes far far better. To me the whole thing came across as a lazy peice of writing.