Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RAM Records tonight @ Matter - 02

If anyone knows anyone with a ticket for this please let me know, I'm desperate for one, line up for tonight includes

Chase and Status, Subfocus, Hype amongst others in the main room, with Caspa featuring in the Dubstep room.

Leaving it late I know, but a guy can dream eh.

Comments

• Options
    Sorted my ticket now. woooooooooop.

So happy.
  • Options
    I'd take a stab vest if I were you mate
  • Options
    I saw Chase and Status last Friday up in Hull, and Subfocus are playing the weekend after I arrive back in Hull, so this is perfect to fill in the gaps, seeing em both in one night!

Literally can't wait now.
  • Options
    It is huge. If i lived in London i would of gone.

DnB raves aren't where the trouble is at buckshee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]It is huge. If i lived in London i would of gone.

DnB raves aren't where the trouble is at buckshee.

I'm sure the guy who took a blade to the stomach watching Pendulum would disagree.

Not that I've ever seen any trouble at any of the raves I've been too, everyone is too erm...... happy?
  • Options
    Thats what you get for watching Pendulum..!

Seriously though, you'll only get trouble in DnB if you go to the more 'grimey' raves in London, Elephant & Castle etc. Other than that i've only experienced a few scraps but nothing major.

It's the Grime events you want to stay clear of, which you should anyway as it's possibly the worst type of music in the history of the world.
  • Options
    Highlight of the night for me no doubt will be Caspa smashing out some dubstep, one of the few acts on the line up I've not seen before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Thats what you get for watching Pendulum..!

Seriously though, you'll only get trouble in DnB if you go to the more 'grimey' raves in London, Elephant & Castle etc. Other than that i've only experienced a few scraps but nothing major.

It's the Grime events you want to stay clear of, which you should anyway as it's possibly the worst type of music in the history of the world.

No way sir! I've seen Pendulum 10 times live and never had any grief.
  • Options
    What an amazing night.

Hype was amazing, Caspa was amazing, everyone was amazing.

sleep time :(
  • Options
    i'm not a massive fan of dnb but hype is unreal.

seen caspa a few times and he's big. at bestival this year there's a similarly filthy line up with c&s having loads of guest mc's. can't wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    met hype at homelands years ago , he told me a story about pushing a portaloo over with kenny ken inside . Bizarre
  • Options
    looks like niteclubs in general could be in trouble .

Matter is to close for the summer with maybe no real prospect of re-opening and fabric has been put up for sale.

Massive shame as the people that run these two clubs are probably the most passionate people in uk clubbing . Fabric especially has had some great deejays and nights over the 11 years it's been open and in the short space of time matter has been on it has had all sorts of diverse stuff on there.

I reckon the smoking ban has defo had an effect on nite clubs (even though matter's smoking area is right next to the main stage) I was looking at some old photos on facebook last night and it looked weird that people were all smokin in pubs and clubs. It got me wondering if part of the reason I don't go to clubs as much nowadays is as much to do with the smoking ban as it is getting older.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    matter was an awesome club but never sustainable as a business. Saw some amazing acts in the short time it was open, and probably the best sound and visual experiences I've had in a club. But high ticket prices (fair enough for big nights, which you go to once every 2-3 months) and £7 a pint I think too, stopped me going more often than i did when home from uni. I expect to pay a premium in clubs but over a fiver a pint is a little ridiculous. Made all the more ridiculous by the fact that they were marketing a lot of their nights at students. Just hoping Fabric doesn't go the same way, personally I find Ministry and Pacha rubbish in comparison.

Obviously the costs of the location were high, although it wasn't as prestigious as they hoped. It was tucked right in the dark corner of the o2, so if I had gone for a meal there, I was unlikely to just go in on impulse like I did to Inc once (and thought it was rubbish but that's another story). Then with the rubbish transport links in the early morning, it's no surprise it's shut.
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I'd take a stab vest if I were you mate
    had to have a chuckle when I saw this. You obviously never went to Matter mate, possibly the most heavy handed security I've ever experienced at a club. On most nights, searched on entry to the o2, searched in queue for matter, searched when in matter. still saw so many drug deals on the dancefloor tho lol
  • Options
    had to have a chuckle when I saw this. You obviously never went to Matter mate, possibly the most heavy handed security I've ever experienced at a club. On most nights, searched on entry to the o2, searched in queue for matter, searched when in matter. still saw so many drug deals on the dancefloor tho lol

Drug dealers only help to bring in more trade. They're more worried about weapons.
  • Options
    Seeing Rusko, Subfocus, Skream, Benga and artwork at reading :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Seeing Rusko, Subfocus, Skream, Benga and artwork at reading :)

Have you listened to Rusko's album? Cant decide whether i like it or not. Should be a good night...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]If anyone knows anyone with a ticket for this please let me know, I'm desperate for one, line up for tonight includes

Chase and Status, Subfocus, Hype amongst others in the main room, with Caspa featuring in the Dubstep room.

Leaving it late I know, but a guy can dream eh.

What room is the erection section in?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Seeing Rusko, Subfocus, Skream, Benga and artwork at reading :)

as much as i love Reading, the dance tent has nothing on a club as good as matter. Seen them all over the last two years and they are all quality acts but the old time and a place rule applies for me. In a field on a hot summer's day is not the time to be raving it up imo. Last year went and saw Deadmau5 for a change from indy, but couldn't be doing that all Sunday....
  • Options
    I had a ticket for Matter, but refunded it when it got moved to Fabric.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    In a field on a hot summer's day is not the time to be raving it up imo.
    What the? Never been to a free party?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    or SW4?!!...best day of the music calender.
  • Options
    That's when it's best to be raving it up!
  • Options
    Matter closing down is a REAL shame, was always going to happen with the jubilee line always being closed.

Matter was amazing, speakers with ladders to sit on top, YES PLEASE.

Really hope Fabric doesnt go down the drain as well, read something last week that said the club was loking roughly 90k a week, now with payments for matter to make as well I really can't see it going any other way.

Tomorrow nights RAM is now only going to be two rooms, which is a shame...... added to the fact every lineup since RAM's first birthday has been shocking.

Still, Andy C played a 2 hour set up in Hull last friday, was amazing.

It's the best time to be raving it up, can't wait for global gathering and still very, very tempted by outlook as well.
  • Options
    Global is sick. The only problem is that its becoming quite attractive to the mainstream, which means you get beer boys there and its not all about getting drunk....if you know what i mean.

On the subject of Matter, i thought it was only temp closed for refurb??....also heard the land owner of Ministry wants to turn it into student flats. Not good.
  • Options
    Refurb!??!?! I'd bloody hope not, it's not been open 5 minutes!! My understanding is they doors are closed for the summer, with a chance of it reopening later in the year.

The lineup for global this year is amazing, got some friends who are DJing out at Outlook at well, so roadtripping it to croatia is still being considered :D
  • Options
    ha i guess so!!...had a little browse on the net and it appears they have debts of £3m and have gone into admin. Are Fabric & Matter owned by the same company?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

I'm just more of a club guy for that kind of music. Only day set like that I've enjoyed as much as a night time one in the club was Tiesto in Victoria Park.

Guess it's the whole Reading thing as well, moshing to Enter Shikari etc (who I hate but it's good fun in the pit) suits the 'covered in dust, not showered for 3 days, still wasted' look better
  • Options
    Global is just a pikey fest now, which is a shame.

I was bang up for the RAM tomorrow, moving it to Fabric and reducing the line-up just killed it really. It's going to be stupidly busy [i know it would have been anyway but Matter is better equipped for it] Going to be like sardines when Andy is on.

Matter is shut for the summer was the latest thing they said and Fabric is up for sale. Hope they sort Matter out really is the best club i've been to, the sound system is ridiculous. Saw Faithless there last year amongst a couple of other events.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

Only day set like that I've enjoyed as much as a night time one in the club was Tiesto in Victoria Park.

I went to that last year. Quality apart from the bell ends that climbed the speaker towers!...You goin this year?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I'd take a stab vest if I were you mate

They had to be heavy handed after the stabbing at the urban music awards in November 08. Cant have that happening all the time down there. Would get a bad name and have to shut the place down...