Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Moral Maze - Prostitution

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dutch Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Does it work in Holland?

Yes, although there will always be some sort of problems, because it attracts all kind of weird people.
    Street prostitution is limited to some cities and then limited to a single street on a remote business park with limited opening hours.
    Police and organisations like the salvation army keep an eye on the girls and try to pull them out of prostitution and give them alternatives, like housing and proper work.

Not making it legal is just hypocrite, because that's just denying it happens while everybody knows it happens. If you make it legal, you can control it, they pay their taxes and you can check if the women are doing it out of free will. I am not saying it solves all problems, but it is the less worst solution.

Good points me old dutch. less worse indeed
  • Options
    "so no drugs means no prostitutes? the world's oldest profession.."

Prostitution started when there was no Social Security and the very poor had to do what they could to feed themselves.

Modern day prostitutes are forced into the game because of drug addictions. FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]

Modern day prostitutes are forced into the game because of drug addictions. FACT

well, around 90-95% of them are.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    i disagree,i think it is drug addiction that gets into their prostitution rather than drug addiction getting them into prostitution.the problem increased by their pimps forcing dependance on them.catch 22 really.

slave trade
  • Options
    Whats immoral about prostitution?
  • Options
    "Whats immoral about prostitution? "

Its in the good book Solid . Just below the chapter about Millwall supporters being smitted and sent to the depths of hell.
  • Options
    O....that.....must of skipped that bit by heading straight to the back for the sports pages.