Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool - Match thread

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
All the usual team news, updates etc here please chaps

Comments

• Options
    We are due a few goals, think we could let out some frustration here.

3-1 and still be relegated.
  • Options
    2-0 and not down today.
  • Options
    4-0 win and we go down.
  • Options
    Shelvey scores twice in a 3 nil win, and we go down as Forest and Southampton win
  • Options
    Is there anywhere to listen to it apart fom cafctv? Not going today
  • Options
    Any team news yet? Probably going to end up missing a debut or two from the youngsters.

Couldn't go in the end today.
  • Options
    Tuna on the bench, Burton replaces ill Kandol, 4-5-1 with a lazy twat up front, happy days!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Charlton: Elliott; Butterfield, Youga, Hudson, Ward; Sam, Racon, Zheng, Shelvey, Bailey; Burton.

Subs: Randolph, Holland, Spring, Wagstaff, Tuna.

Blackpool: Rachubka; Barker, Crainey, Evatt, Baptiste; Small, Southern, Adam, Vaughan; Burgess, Campbell.

Subs: Gilks, Jorgensen, Walton, Hughes, Ormerod.
  • Options
    Elliot is in goal, website got it wrong
  • Options
    Simon Walton might actually get his first opportunity to play at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    And Wagstaff (not that I rate him). Don't really understand Spring and Holland both being there, if Wagstaff and Tuna deserve to be there, Solly does even more. Guess he doesn't want 3 youngsters on the bench though.

Charlton: Weaver Elliot; Butterfield, Youga, Hudson, Ward; Sam, Racon, Zheng, Shelvey, Bailey; Burton.

Subs: Randolph, Holland, Spring, Wagstaff, Tuna.

Blackpool: Rachubka; Barker, Crainey, Evatt, Baptiste; Small, Southern, Adam, Vaughan; Burgess, Campbell.

Subs: Gilks, Jorgensen, Walton, Hughes, Ormerod.

Referee: M Russell
  • Options
    No Dickson either, is he injured or suspended?
  • Options
    holland is on the bench as an emergency centre back. where is dickson today?

how shit is the o/s - weaver in goal. it is not like he has been all season is it
  • Options
    Blackpool have used 21 loanees this season.
  • Options
    And Wagstaff (not that I rate him). Don't really understand Spring and Holland both being there, if Wagstaff and Tuna deserve to be there, Solly does even more. Guess he doesn't want 3 youngsters on the bench though.

Holland can cover across the back, Spring is a midfield reserve, Tuna is the reserve striker and that leaves a choice between putting Wagstaff or Solly on the bench. I guess Wagstaff's greater experience won him that last spot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]No Dickson either, is he injured or suspended?

No idea, could just be dropped? No reason not to give Tuna or even Wagstaff a go up front when we've seen plenty (compared to Tuna anyway) of Dickson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Holland can cover across the back, Spring is a midfield reserve, Tuna is the reserve striker and that leaves a choice between putting Wagstaff or Solly on the bench. I guess Wagstaff's greater experience won him that last spot.

I understand that, but surely Holland can cover midfield and defence? It was like last season when we had Basey and Semedo on the bench, no real need for both of them.
  • Options
    Tuna to come on and score, run over to the big screen where the fish will appear.
  • Options
    shelvey hattrick 4-1
  • Options
    Holland can cover across the back four and midfield, it'd be a tough ask for Solly to play centre-back or left-back. You could equally ask why no Basey, he can play left wing, left-back and I think he plays CB in the reserves (at least I'm sure he has done), he'd be the more logical player to put on the bench than Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Tamer Tuna......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]shelvey hattrick 4-1

The usual pessimism on here ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Holland can cover across the back four and midfield, it'd be a tough ask for Solly to play centre-back or left-back. You could equally ask why no Basey, he can play left wing, left-back and I think he plays CB in the reserves (at least I'm sure he has done), he'd be the more logical player to put on the bench than Solly.

I was really making the point that I don't see the need for Holland Spring. It's unlikely a centre back and midfielder will both get injured. Not saying it had to be Solly, I agree Basey would have made sense.

Apart from Holland covering more positions, Spring more likely to score, there's not much that different about them. At least Basey, Dickson, Ambrose or Solly would give us more different options on the bench.
  • Options
    Corner cmon u reds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]shelvey hattrick 4-1

The usual pessimism on here ;)

Yeah, we'll win 4-0...
  • Options
    Lot of empty seats in the Centre of West by the looks of it on SSN
  • Options
    When did Varney go to Sheff Wed?! Must of completely missed that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]When did Varney go to Sheff Wed?! Must of completely missed that.

Loan
  • Options
    Apparently Burton had a shot. Must have him confused with someone else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]When did Varney go to Sheff Wed?! Must of completely missed that.

and scores