Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++THE MANAGEMENT POLL - STAY / GO / CHANGE ???+++++

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Lots of threads of late of people having their say, so lets see how it looks in a poll.

***The poll below is based on no form of takeover materialising, as a club with no money and needing to sell players and lower the wage bill dramatically. Consider before voting the additional financial impact of having to pay up contracts.***

Click on an option below

Comments

• Options
    Kins out of contract so need financial impact if he goes.
  • Options
    can we add Kins and Chap retained under new manager?
  • Options
    Kins could be offered 'new' contract as reserve coach again?
  • Options
    i aint got a clue ..... i can't bring myself to keep parkinson & co but know we can't afford to get rid... we're right royally fooked
  • Options
    keep 'em.
  • Options
    as i said when Pards went a complete clean sweep is needed get rid of all the dead wood, all the coaches and managers are responsible for the way we have played and weve been the worst team in the league.

obama-change.jpg
  • Options
    We took a major gamble with Curbs and Gritt a few years back so bring on Kins and King Chrissy
  • Options
    Retain them all - not the answer I want to give but we have no money to pay up any more contracts
  • Options
    I went for retain the lot of them. Financially we have little choice I think and let's face it our board have not covered themselves in glory with the hiring decisions recently. A little stability is what we need right now, we know we won't get in on the pitch and with all this takeover talk we are unlikely to get it in the board room so the management team are pretty much all that is left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can't bring myself to find any reason to keep Parkinson at all, would still like Kinsella to have a role though
  • Options
    Ince is too billy big bollocks for my liking
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Ince is too billy big bollocks for my liking

Don't care if he is so big bollocked he has to have a wheelbarrow just to walk around- if he can do the job.

I'd suggest this would only happen with other significant investment in the club....

Perlese......
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think it's more likely a new manager if we're taken over, Parkinson if not.

Edit: Missed the bit at the top.
  • Options
    new broom needed.
  • Options
    GET RID OF ALL OF EM NOW FFS
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Ince is too billy big bollocks for my liking

Don't care if he is so big bollocked he has to have a wheelbarrow just to walk around- if he can do the job.

I'd suggest this would only happen with other significant investment in the club....

Perlese......

Not the charlton way and not convinced he could do the job either for the money and resources his big bollockness would require, let alone the expectation and press attention it would attract.
  • Options
    Really not sure anymore. There have been some eloquent arguments on both sides.

The bottom line is cash and without it we're stuck.

Having said that, if money appears from somewhere (anywhere!)- Steve Tilson, anyone?
  • Options
    I don't know.

A dozen games ago he definitely had to go, and before that his caretaker record should have meant he wasn't even appointed in the first place.

In the last couple of months, he's certainly got the team playing as a team at last - but of course, too little too late really.
    But he's nearly got it right now.

However with all the player changes planned for the summer, his first team nucleus will be down to 4 or 5, I guess.
    So I fear for the quality of the team, especially as frequently he's allowed his tactical naivety to be all too evident.

So I'm going to sit on the fence, close my eyes and hope whatever happens is the solution, and not just a fresh set of problems.
    A bit like Richard Murray & co, I suppose?
  • Options
    I would go for retaining Parky but with a different stronger support team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Voted with my head, not my heart on this one
  • Options
    I'm voting other - Keep Parkinson and Kinsella, get shot of Chapple. Get Steve Brown in to help teach the team the Charlton way, and the defence the art of the last ditch piledriving tackle. At League One level, our scouting is going to be really important I reckon, so we need someone with an eye for a good value player and lots of contacts. Can anyone suggest someone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

The poll based on no form of takeover materialising, as a club with no money and needing to sell players and lower the wage bill dramatically.

Consider before voting the additional financial impact of having to pay up contracts.

Somebody said, I believe, Kinsella is out of contract ..... and what sort of contract does Phil Chapple have?

Parkinson has 12 months ..... so probably the cost to the club of releasing him will be around £200k, perhaps?
    Plus the cost of bringing in a new man and/or coaching staff.

But bear in mind the cost of relegation in the first place, including (probably) drastically reduced income revenues.

A better decision by the Board in November, and again in January might have cost more in the short term - but may have retained our Championship status, making us a more valuable deal to prospective purchasers.

The dilemma:
    a) With Parky - next season if the team is struggling, he'll have to go sooner rather than later. So still needs a lesser amount of contract paying up.

b) Promote Kinsella - Kins becomes Mr Motivator, so we'd need a tactically astute and talented up and coming coach
    So a decent coach salary still needs funding + Parky's contract remainder paid up.

c) Complete change - New management team, no guarantees of success, most expensive option - but bottom line, probably what's needed to blow away the cobwebs. It could be that only Parky needs paying off substantially. It'd be a real shame to lose Kins for his passion for the club, but sometimes you have to first take a step back, to go 2 steps forward.

Who'd be Richard & Murray & co......?
    Since Curbs era, they've tossed the coin 4 times, called heads - but got tails everytime.

With luck like that, they probably feel they might as well stick.
  • Options
    Parky to go, Kins/Chapple retained, but not necesssarily promoted.
  • Options
    Stability for me. We've chopped and changed too much lately. Parky isn't an impact manager like Redknapp but he might be a longer term bet. The moment for an impact manager has long gone. To be fair to Parky he has addressed our fitness problem and performances have improved. Sometimes there is a long lead time between making changes and seeing success.
  • Options
    I've gone for a complete change with the caveat that it has to be somebody who has a decent track record, not a rooky or a failure.
  • Options
    Complete change needed. Don't buy the stability argument and the notion that we've ''chopped and changed too much recently''. We haven't chopped and changed enough, IMO. Pardew was given too long and should have gone at the end of last season. Parkinson never should have been appointed after his failed caretakership and someone esle should have come in at the end of December.

The issue is not how often we change. Surely it's getting the changes right. And ever since Curbs went, we've got it wrong every time. It's difficult, I know, but in my opinion in a high risk/high rewards set-up like modern football, you have to keep changing until you get it right...and as we saw yet again v Blackpool on Saturday, it's patently not right at the moment, is it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I've gone for a complete change with the caveat that it has to be somebody who has a decent track record, not a rooky or a failure.

Someone like Pardew, you mean ... ?

Sorry, Bing - couldn't resist ....!

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy, I was thinking more of the current Newcastle deputy myself !
  • Options
    Fresh faces needed even with little or no cash, lets start again.