Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MARK HUDSON

Comments

• Options
    Maybe we should make JJ a striker?
  • Options
    naaaa..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]we have to many players who cant do the basics look at youg and hudson as prime examples

They can, they just don't do it consistently.
  • Options
    Hopefully Hudson goes, I don't dislike him and have thought that his partnerships with Ward and Fortune were the only partnerships that worked in our team all season. As the side has settled since january though I'd have liked to see him dominate a bit more, as we've been compact and competing breakdown ball. That hasn't happened and for his undoubted very big wages it's best he leaves. Personally I prefer McCarthy, if he played in this team with our now more stable and compact midfield I think we'd have defended a few of those leads.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see Hudson go for virtually nothing, maybe some add on's if his new club gets promoted. The desperation to get his wages away, and the fact they are probably higher than many players in the champ will reduce his value in the market.

Bailey shouldn't be captain, don't want to limit his offensive energy and he lacks great reading of the game; at least in the team sense, he's all impulse.

I'd love to see Holland stay, but I think that's more down to the awful lack of dedication in the squad. If he does then it has to be as center back, and a big strong lower leaguer like Chris Coyne should be next to him with at least one full back who has zonal sense.

Lloyd Sam has improved season on season, without ever dominating. However he was top for us with assists when we were truly woeful, and for me this season his defensive support of his full back has been revelatory.... I thought he'd never do that.

All the above players are some of our better players, yet each and everyone of them needs someone else to provide cohesion and impetus.
  • Options
    Hudson has been sh*t I still think he's a plant from Palarse.
  • Options
    I personally think Hudson has been a poor captain epitomised by his lack of leadership when we were all at sea in last 10 minutes against both Blackpool and Cardiff. It is however worth remembering that he was Palace captain under Warnock who usually demands full blooded commitment from his players. What has gone wrong for us I wonder ? Another unsolved mystery at The Valley perhaps !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Lloyd Sam has improved season on season, without ever dominating. However he was top for us with assists when we were truly woeful, and for me this season his defensive support of his full back has been revelatory.... I thought he'd never do that.

Assuming he stays, it's time for him to really step up. He's getting a few more assists, if he can do it a bit more consistently and add goals to his game he'll be very important to us next season.

Agree about Bailey, at times he needs to play with his head. Last night was an example, he gave away a silly free kick trying to go in for a big slide tackle, when it wasn't needed. I don't want to see him go back to where he was when he was off form, trying to do everything, because although he's a good player, he can't spray passes around and run the game as much as he has tried to in some games.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I personally think Hudson has been a poor captain epitomised by his lack of leadership when we were all at sea in last 10 minutes against both Blackpool and Cardiff. It is however worth remembering that he was Palace captain under Warnock who usually demands full blooded commitment from his players. What has gone wrong for us I wonder ? Another unsolved mystery at The Valley perhaps ![/quoAgreed, Hudson hasn't been fit to Captain the side.
  • Options
    Hopefully Hudson will leave as soon as possible- He has been an incredibly piss-poor captain- poor Matty Holland must be wondering what he had done wrong- Player of the year as Captain then dropped and stripped of his captaincy for that useless twat! He has cost us so many points with silly errors and lack of concentration, its unbelieveable
  • Options
    If my info higher up this thread is right and Cardiff are preparing a summer bid for our very porous Rock, it sounds like he didn't do much to impress his potential new employers last night !

Warnock definitely outsmarted Pardew and got the better end of the McCarthy-Hudson swap, didn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought that Paddy was the most improved player in the last third of last season and was very sorry to see him go.
  • Options
    Been made captain of Cardiff
  • Options
    Cardiff are going for relegation then lol ;o)
  • Options
    I seriously doubt any team that signed Hudson in the summer, made him captain and won their first game (with a shutout) at home, against promoted opposition, would EVER get relegated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I seriously doubt any team that signed Hudson in the summer, made him captain and won their first game (with a shutout) at home, against promoted opposition, would EVER get relegated.

Unless it's Charlton...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Whoooooosh
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My Cardiff friend - the same proven source who told me back in April (see above) that they were signing him this summer - says that they love Hudson down there and he has become an instant favourite, both within the club and the squad and with the fans.

If so, he's clearly a different character than he was at the Valley . Or perhaps his transformation is just a reflection of what an unhappy , rudderless and desperate place SE7 was last season...
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see if the fans are saying the same after the first time a forward drifts past him to score a winning goal.
  • Options
    Out of all our lot last year he cost us more points than any player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Whoooooosh
    Was that a meteor? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a favourite down there after one game?
  • Options
    Scoham asked :

''He's a favourite down there after one game?''

Unbeaten run and all clean sheets in a great pre-season, apart from defeat in final friendly to Valencia, I'm told.
  • Options
    Still feel Hudson was a victim of Charltons poor management. Poor team and the general malaise that has been Charlton for a good while now. I fully expect him to get back to the player he was before we got our hands on him.
  • Options
    What truly rubbish before Warnock organised the team for him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]What truly rubbish before Warnock organised the team for him?

Que ?
  • Options
    Good luck to him, it didn't happen here but i don't hold a grudge. Never thought he wasn't trying, just in a poor side he got exposed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Scoham asked :

''He's a favourite down there after one game?''

Unbeaten run and all clean sheets in a great pre-season, apart from defeat in final friendly to Valencia, I'm told.

Very similar to our pre-season run last season, it doesn't really mean anything.

Still can't believe they've taken a captaincy from Ledley and given it to Hudson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Good luck to him, it didn't happen here but i don't hold a grudge. Never thought he wasn't trying, just in a poor side he got exposed.

My opinion too. Mistakes always get punished in a struggling side with no confidence.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Still can't believe they've taken a captaincy from Ledley and given it to Hudson.[/quote]

It's because he only has one year left on his contract and hasn't signed a new one. Also, a lot of transfer speculation and so they reckon he could be leaving soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Still can't believe they've taken a captaincy from Ledley and given it to Hudson.

It's because he only has one year left on his contract and hasn't signed a new one. Also, a lot of transfer speculation and so they reckon he could be leaving soon.

True, but so much is often made of making a player captain being a way to convince a player to stay (eg. Bailey). Perhaps this disproves it in that case.