Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Narwich - can we afford to turn down 100k ?

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
5,000 of 'em at £20 a pop means a lot of dough to us. Surely we can find an area with the least season ticket holders , Upper West, East blocks nearest the South Stand, and bounce 'em out for one game. Send them all a voucher for a tenner off their season ticket renewal. Half of 'em probably won't be turning up anyway. Would be nearly enough to pay off Parky.

Comments

• Options
    That's a lot of farming machinery on the A2.
  • Options
    I'd transfer the game to Carrow Road and make them give us all the ticket money.

Lets face it, no one will be bothered if they missed the game !
  • Options
    5000k in the East Stand? That will be your seat then Large.

Is this being floated as an idea? Give them A and B blocks and seg a bit of C. Could work but would the Police allow it?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]5000k in the East Stand? That will be your seat then Large.

Is this being floated as an idea? Give them A and B blocks and seg a bit of C. Could work but would the Police allow it?

even an extra 2,500k equates to £50k in gate receipts. I just wonder how much the Club actually thought about it. If they gave it due consideration then fine. If it meant my seat for one game then ok. I'd be as happy in the West Upper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]5000k in the East Stand? That will be your seat then Large.

even an extra 2,500k equates to £50k in gate receipts. I just wonder how much the Club actually thought about it. If they gave it due consideration then fine.

100% sure the club considered this angle. If it's not happening then there would be a reason.
  • Options
    Christ, imagine if we beat them, they'll be running down Floyd Road with their pitch forks and Hay bales. It would be a policing nightmare.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]That's a lot of farming machinery on the A2.

1122881207164_Irish_Farmers_Protest_Picture.jpg
  • Options
    hang your heads in shame !!!!!!!!!!!!

tell em they aint geting fu*k all tickets unless they pay double, job done.
  • Options
    FCUK EM!!!! do you really think they would do the same for us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]FCUK EM!!!! do you really think they would do the same for us?

They wouldn't be able to as they sell out nearly every home game..............and we'd take about 700 away!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aston Villa ( won 4/3) we have over 4,000 there . Why we had to win.

If we had to win the last game at Nrwich we would have a few more than 700.

As for give em more tickets ----------- what like Goldman did re us at Palarse a few years back ? gestures like this would stop me ging EVER again.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Aston Villa ( won 4/3) we have over 4,000 there . Why we had to win.

If we had to win the last game at Nrwich we would have a few more than 700.

As for give em more tickets ----------- what like Goldman did re us at Palarse a few years back ? gestures like this would stop me ging EVER again.[/quote]

Spot on Goonerhater.......

I know we have bugger all to play for but still can not understand how someone would want to give such a bonus to an opposing team..
  • Options
    because we need money. 100k... thats half of waggots yearly wages sorted already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]because we need money. 100k... thats half of waggots yearly wages sorted already.

or the total alcohol bill for Derby this saturday..... so second thoughts let them come ;o)
  • Options
    we could declare those 3 sections (jn the East) neutral, and offer refunds to all ST and CAFC ticket holders affected.
  • Options
    Norwich CEO:

“We initially applied for the maximum allocation from Charlton, which we received. We subsequently applied for a further allocation through the ticket office, and that was declined. I then spoke to their club secretary and they referred the matter to their board to discuss and their board, having discussed it, were not willing to make any further tickets available, even though they could, because to do so would mean them relocating season ticket holders, which is something they were loath to do.
  • Options
    The club could dowith the money, but fair play to them for not wanting to upset the fans - again!
  • Options
    Lots of Bumpkins trying to disguise their voices on the phone to the ticket office in the next few days I think...
  • Options
    The option of offering Norwich extra seats was fully considered internally from both a financial and security angle. It was thoroughly explored and rejected on the basis that our season-ticket holders must take priority and even if we compensated them there would still be a number who would not be happy and a number of others not directly affected who would resent the special treatment being given to the away club, especially if Norwich were to save themselves as a consequence of the game.

The most plausible option would have been to give them blocks A and B of the east and segregate block C, which would have affected 400 STs, but only created about 1,200 extra away seats. We would then have incurred extra costs from the segregation required in the east stand and the compensation to STs, so the financial argument was not as overwhelming as has been suggested.
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be just like 6 minutes 9 seconds onwards on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ron0R3QVnco
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sell the home section out then !!

give trickets to schools etc etc.

have a good old fationed wake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd transfer the game to Carrow Road and make them give us all the ticket money.

Lets face it, no one will be bothered if they missed the game !

I would - I've booked my flights, and Gatwick to Narwich is a long way :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]FCUK EM!!!! do you really think they would do the same for us?

Didn't Blackburn do something similar for one of the "Operation" matches a couple of years back?

Unless there are crowd control issues I'd look into closing off blocks A and B and giving Norwich fans that area.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]I'm sure it will be just like 6 minutes 9 seconds onwards on

who did invent the skip? ;-)
  • Options
    Large, I am sorry you are well off on this one, we all know that Charlton fans love a good moan up, this season more than most, but if you move ANY season ticket holders out of their seat you'll get the 'I have had this seat for XX years seat, I will never re-new ever again' speech. Or if Norwich fans are sold tickets on General sale in home areas & fights break out all over the place the club are not looking after their fans. I's sorry Club are 100% right on this one for me, one stand one stand only for away fans.
  • Options
    the board have this one right, imo.

This isn't the time to risk annoying supporters more by moving them to accomodate the opposition. Some people won't like it and if we put a few hundred season ticket holders off renewing then the 100k won't be such a bonus. Knowing how much people love a moan at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if this drove some away.
  • Options
    Robert, a bit slow on the uptake there...
  • Options
    The extra wouln't have been anything close to £100k and as Airman Brown says you have to offset any extra cost of stewarding a split East Stand and compensation for the ST holders as well as the inconvienence to those ST who would be moved.
  • Options
    not only that its a bit late now, and imagine if it was a relegation clincher for us as it might have been. Still perhaps they should consider something like this for the future and not sell STs in those 3 blocks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The extra wouln't have been anything close to £100k and as Airman Brown says you have to offset any extra cost of stewarding a split East Stand and compensation for the ST holders as well as the inconvienence to those ST who would be moved.

Probably we'd only make around £25K assuming around 1,000 extra Norwich fans, but given that there'll be large gaps elsewhere in the stadium it's worth doing. Bear in mind a lot of Norwich fans will buy tickets anyway so there'll be groups of them all over the East, West and North Stands. Now what's worse, co-ordinating this properly and getting all the Norwich fans in one area under proper stewarding etc, or having several hundred fans dotted around all over the place?