Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Narwich - can we afford to turn down 100k ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    No way - I am still annoyed that away fans are in my seat in the south stand !!!!
  • Options
    give us £150k, they can have the three points, and we can pay parkie off
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    In Spain a club might offer another team's players an incentive if they need them to win their final match, but you think they might not be motivated to do their best.

So in our case, the other relegation threatened teams might offer our players a bit of money if we win on the last day of the season because they know we have nothing to play for. I heard it is a pretty accepted thing to do there and i think in italy too, wonder if the rules are different here.
  • Options
    "what's worse, co-ordinating this properly and getting all the Norwich fans in one area under proper stewarding etc, or having several hundred fans dotted around all over the place?"

Surely it's better to have them dotted around without incurring the extra stewarding costs. That way we get all the extra revenue with none of the associated overheads ? If they miss behave kick them out, if they don't then who cares ?

The reason they won't give away part of the east stand thing is because they don't want to upset season ticket holders at a time when they are asking them to renew for another year in a league below.
  • Options
    The reason they won't give away part of the east stand thing is because they don't want to upset season ticket holders at a time when they are asking them to renew for another year in a league below.

Still think the financial upside is better than a few lost ST sales for next season. Someone who objects to getting moved for one match is probably unlikely to want to renew next year. Still this would need to come with a sweetener, I'd give those that moved a free voucher for the club shop or a free upgrade for next year to a better location.
  • Options
    We (Palace) are doing this against Sheff Utd on the last day of the season. I've got my season ticket right by the away fans but I received a letter politely asking me to relocate my ticket to another part of the ground. I would of been annoyed but they've offered a free guest ticket to anyone who has to move so if Sheff Utd have a chance of automatic promotion, we should have a decent crowd for a change and may bring in some new fans if it's a decent game.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to give the opposition and advantage but in this climate, you'd be mad to turn down extra revenue.
  • Options
    There you go then. If Palarse are doing it then it's a shite idea - end of.
  • Options
    There you go then. If Palarse are doing it then it's a shite idea - end of.
  • Options
    You can say that again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]There you go then. If Palarse are doing it then it's a shite idea - end of.

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would put the prices up and let anyone in...like in the old days. If they misbehave the stewards will take them out. After all, it's Naawich not Millwall.
  • Options
    1. I just think the attitude of 'they wouldn't do it for us so why should we do it for them' is rather childish. No-one would ever do anything for anybody with that attitude.

2. I don't see anyone being too upset by being moved. There must be plenty of empty executive boxes for next season. Why not give them all a game each in a box?

3. Some of us do care about this game. Weegie's flying back for it and so am I. And I don't care who wins or what league we play in, I just like to come home and go down The Valley.
  • Options
    blimey, haven't the last few years taught you that your board haven't a scooby about how to run a football club? (not that ours are geniuses, but at least they make pragmatic business decisions)

we're giving sheff utd the whole of the arthur wait - 7k tickets - £25 a pop is going to bring in a serious amount of cash

your situation is trickier, as the way your ground is segregated makes doing something similar a bit tricky

but for you lot to think your board is making a good decision when you could at least make a few £k more is just crazy

and if your club communicates sensitively and respectively to the season ticket holders involved - ours have all been given a free guest ticket when they relocate - then everyone's a winner

but then again, astute decisions based on sound busines acumen seem to have past your mob by for the last few years.
  • Options
    Agreed, but why the name David Sylvian? - he didn't play for Palace.
  • Options
    Do we want to win the game or at least have a chance of winning??

Why give them the advantage of an even bigger support on two side of the ground?? More singing, more noise will give them a bigger boost!

Mind you, it shows how far the club has fallen when we consider giving a team an advantage for the sake of £25-£75k
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite]blimey, haven't the last few years taught you that your board haven't a scooby about how to run a football club? (not that ours are geniuses, but at least they make pragmatic business decisions)

we're giving sheff utd the whole of the arthur wait - 7k tickets - £25 a pop is going to bring in a serious amount of cash

your situation is trickier, as the way your ground is segregated makes doing something similar a bit tricky

but for you lot to think your board is making a good decision when you could at least make a few £k more is just crazy

and if your club communicates sensitively and respectively to the season ticket holders involved - ours have all been given a free guest ticket when they relocate - then everyone's a winner

but then again, astute decisions based on sound busines acumen seem to have past your mob by for the last few years.

But you don't cre, do you? In fact you care so little that you come onto a Charlton website and read a thread about us playing Norwich. Now that's just plain weird.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]Do we want to win the game or at least have a chance of winning??

Why give them the advantage of an even bigger support on two side of the ground?? More singing, more noise will give them a bigger boost!

Mind you, it shows how far the club has fallen when we consider giving a team an advantage for the sake of £25-£75k

Does it matter? We are already relegated.

The economic reality is that we need this money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]Do we want to win the game or at least have a chance of winning??

Does it matter? We are already relegated.

The economic reality is that we need this money.

We do have a responsibilty to the other teams playing on the day though as well don't we? How would we feel if the roles were reversed and we found out our rivals were being allowed to turn it into home match because the relegated club wanted to earn a few extra £k. Don't we have a bit more class than that, even these days?
  • Options
    We do have a responsibilty to the other teams playing on the day though as well don't we? How would we feel if the roles were reversed and we found out our rivals were being allowed to turn it into home match because the relegated club wanted to earn a few extra £k. Don't we have a bit more class than that, even these days?

We have a responsibility to put the strongest team possible out and play our hardest and to try and win the game. There ends any "responsibility" that we have to the teams that might be affected by this result.