Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY...

Comments

• Options
    Proud to be an Englishman...even though Im abroad. Happy St Georges day to one and all
  • Options
    Happy St Georges Day to you all lifers, I am going to be surrounded by Red & white today because..............................I am off to the Valley for a business meeting at 12.00.

Then I am out with some mates tonight to celebrate in true English fashion, continental lagers and a curry :-)

Have a good one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Milligan,Cleese, Everit... Sessions...

1-ricky.jpg

I've missed you Adam lol
  • Options
    Happy Saint Georges day! Already had a fry up and a cup of hot sweet milky tea, now going into the garden to build a shed before drinking some real ale. Ah England.
  • Options
    My office this morning .....
  • Options
    had the big f**k off English breakfast and geting ready for the off.

Those that maybe or those that might --------- here are a few places that are :

Birchwood , Abbeywood (free pie and mash)
    Albion, Woolwich (free bangers and mash)
    Bag of Nails ,Plumstead
    Duchess , Welling ( has a band on)
    Trax, Bexley (me and DA9)
    Sun in Sands,ShootersHill.
  • Options
    GET IN.....................!!!

Wot a gay day to be an Englishman

A few very English gin & tonic chasers for me on this fine sun kissed day

Enjoy Yourself, bloodnut.
  • Options
    No skirt wearing Jock No potatoe munching Paddy, no Sheep shagging Taff

EVER KILLED A DRAGON

Happy St Georges day

:-)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    LOL NLA.

Just heard a fantastic poem on BBC London written last night especially for SGD. Had my heart swelling and stiff upper lip going.

If I can find a copy or version I will put it up on here.

Did anyone else hear it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]LOL NLA.

Just heard a fantastic poem on BBC London written last night especially for STD. Had my heart swelling and stiff upper lip going.

I think I'd keep quiet about an STD, not make a poem about it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]LOL NLA.

Just heard a fantastic poem on BBC London written last night especially for STD. Had my heart swelling and stiff upper lip going.

I think I'd keep quiet about an STD, not make a poem about it!

LOL.
  • Options
    Happy st Georges day to all.
  • Options
    Just had my iPod on random and quite coincidentally the Angelic Upstarts song 'England' came on ... even my iPod knows it is St Georges Day !! ;-)

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
    In the way that your forefathers tell
    And never a country been so great
    The stories Britannia coud tell

I never want to live my life
    Away from the golden shores
    There's never a country in the world
    With the scent of an English rose

England, oh England, a country so great
    The land of so fair and so true
    There'll never be any colours like
    The red, the white and the blue

Whenever you go to the far off shores
    Ther's something that goes with you
    The pride and the joy and the love that comes
    From your mother of red, white and blue

You cold never be born under a flag that's like
    The one of a Union Jack
    St.George's spirit has never died
    It all keeps coming back
  • Options
    There'll always be an England, and England shall be free,
    if England means as much to you as England Means to me

Happy St george's Day

Got my St george's Day tie on today which has had more than a few comments all nice of course !
  • Options
    What does England mean to you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wellie[/cite]What does England mean to you?

Oh Dear someone could not help themselves could they :-(
  • Options

Everything
  • Options
    Patriotism, the last vestige of the scoundrel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

my family, my home, my future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wellie[/cite]Patriotism, the last vestige of the scoundrel

Please expand.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: wellie[/cite]What does England mean to you?[/quote]

they only play well when gerrard has a good game...

:P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wellie[/cite]Patriotism, the last vestige of the scoundrel

on a fishing exercise are we?
  • Options
    freedom,democracy,liberty and tolerance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]freedom,democracy,liberty and tolerance.

All sadly tarnished, about time we rediscovered these principles and restored them at the heart of our democracy.
  • Options

Ditto plus Language, literature, music and drama
  • Options
    I like this response from Roy Hattersley:

I am English, not British but English.I am very proud about it, very patriotic about England.
    But it's not the England that once ruled the world - or at least half of it - that I feel proud of, it's a gentler England, an England that's kinder than that.
    It's an England that's associated with Shakespeare, with Elgar, with cricket, and, above all, the landscape.
    I live in the Peak District. It's where I call home. The history has got something to do with it. It's got so much history you could cut it with a knife, but it is what England stands for as you see it now, beautiful, and gentle and at peace.
    This is my England, the only place I could possibly want to live.
    I look at my passport and it says citizen of a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and I say well that's legally what I am. But what I feel, what I know I am in my bones, is English, not British but English.
    I like our diversity, different weather, different sorts of country and different people. We are all mongrels in England and I like the idea of a mongrel nation, not one that says it's special because it's particular, because it comes from one blood line. We came from all over the world and we made one country and it's called England and I like living here.
    I don't make any special claims about the English. We didn't invent democracy. We are no more tolerant than other countries, we are no freer than most of the countries in Europe and certainly no more prosperous.
    It's just the sort of place I want to be, I even like the weather. It is rain that makes it a green and pleasant land.
    I'd hate to be somewhere were it didn't rain for six months of the year.
    If there's one thing that makes us different we don't go on about being English. We don't go on about our nation except on St George's Day, but that's special.
    This is the truth of it: When the chicken hatches it's infatuated by the first hen that it sees. Well, England is the first thing I saw when I came out of the egg and I'm infatuated by it. Always have been, always will be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

All sadly tarnished, about time we rediscovered these principles and restored them at the heart of our democracy.

Perhaps but we've had some form of democracy for more centuries than just about anyone. Our dismay at the infringement of some liberties are as a result of how many we have had and expect.

And while we may not all be tolerant as individuals as a nation we are, IMHO, more welcoming and inclusive than just about anywhere in the world.

England is not perfect, we have much to learn and improve but it is still a wonderful place to live.
  • Options
    Its St Georges Day, and a celebration of all things English. I could have had

a fry up, kippers, full english roast with trimmings, pie and mash, ham and eggs. scones and jam, fresh crab sandwich, cornish pasties, sausage and mash, lamb shank, fish and chips out the wrapper

and i had a tuna mayonaise baguette !

Shame on me

What's on your SGD menu ?