Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY...

Comments

• Options
    I love England, especially on a sunny day because everyone seems happier when the sun is shining. Stepping on and off an old red routemaster. Visiting the free Tate gallery. Getting to grips with Shakespeare in the Globe. Watching boats go through locks. Our free parks. The wild life, like the badgers eating bread and milk at the end of my road or the finches nibbling at the seed dispensers. Visiting places of beauty like Shoreham or Shere (Surrey). Wandering down Portobello road, people watching on a Saturday morning. Real ale like Old Peculiar on tap. And of course the whole trip to the Valley, especially when we have local heros like Steve Brown, Rufus or maybe Jonjo playing...
    Happy St Georges day everyone.
  • Options
    Just got off the train and the old bill were all over the place with a hellicopter and riot gear officers at the end of the street.

My two lad were in it! Told them to get away, looked as though it could turn nasty, why can't people have a drink, a laugh, and a good time1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Very very serious
  • Options
    From 'House of Fun'
    Every pub in Bexley & Bexleyheath Broadway been shut by the O/B, about 300 involved, apparently out of control
  • Options
    fuck not good
  • Options
    I just want to say the rumours of deaths arew just purely that.. rumours that people are getting via texts in the pubs I,m now in. But it was a serious.pray that it was just horrible rumous
  • Options
    Can't find anything on any news channels or internet so let's hope it is just rumour
  • Options
    got of the train and saw riot police, guy knocked down not moving on the floor, people running, helicopters
    it sounds like it's the bnp lot...sometimes a fear for the village i love!

ironcally i spent the whole day in hackney, and had an incredibly pleasant day with not even a hint of trouble and I get back to my town, which i thought was meant to be one of the nicer areas of london, and i find riots and all sorts!
  • Options
    Had my Three Lions shirt on all day and had the flag out of the window. Shame the rest of society seem to be totally oblivious to it....
  • Options
    why does it sound like BNP?

because of violence??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    taking into account the day, and the place , and the individuals i saw who were involved, i highly doubt it would've been anyone else

i doubt bnp leadership condone this, i doubt it was planned by bnp members, but i am sure it will be those sort of individuals that were behind such an event!
  • Options
    Apart from those in the middle of it, no-one seems to know, but hearing it is either Charlton and Millwall, or BNP and some locals.

Fact is there is no point in guessing, let's wait to hear from those who are there and hope everyone is OK. Can hear a lot of sirens in the Bexleyheath / Welling area in the last hour or so.
  • Options
    A bit more from the house of fun...

'Just had one of our reporters ring the Met! Around 200 people on the piss all day, turned into a major scrap...but only one person badly hurt with "serious head injuries". Apparently it was football related rather than race.'
  • Options
    1 man taken to hospital with head injuries,several arrests have been made, about 200 people involved.
  • Options
    just hope da9 and the other lifers down there are safe and well some had there kiddies with them.
  • Options
    That's the English for you. Love a scrap - always have.

Hope everyone I'd ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]just hope da9 and the other lifers down there are safe and well some had there kiddies with them.

Think there was a fair few from here went down there, so agreed Adam, hope no problems for them. They can certainly look after themselves but it depends what happened.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Just hope to god the rumours flying round aren't true.
  • Options
    I can barely believe it. Five hundred or so young males drinking all day and a football related punch-up breaks out? Who would have thought it?

Ah, five hundred drunk males, the sounds of breaking glass, the wailing of Police sirens, the Police dogs barking, the helicopters buzzing overhead - surely there is no more apt celebration of modern day Englishness than that!
  • Options
    safe ?of course why wouldnt we be ?

life is for those that win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking milllwall, we are all ok, few millwall call it on all night and get told its england day and they keep on going, after a while ,it kicks of and they get(not chased) put back away. Pathetic really time to grow up when it is suppose to be an all together party.,
    I will say now like i said earlier, U cant invite Millwall to a party.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with BNP or anybody else, a few local millwall "youth" well known in the Bexleyheath for their RA shout or tag name turn up and start throwing their weight around, it all got out of hand and was pretty nasty with bottles flying everywhere, I made sure my mates & brother were OK, and went elsewhere, never seen so many OB in one place.

It was about English people having a day together, and it was a good atmosphere up until then, in fact one of them involved was wearing a millwall t-shirt, IMO he only wore it to noise it up and cause problems, everyone else was in England gear, they did this a few years back there as well, I feel sorry for the licencee and the staff who upto that point had done a great job.

Nice to meet JW Addick as well.
  • Options
    Crazy times eh, considering some of my mate's were out in the Village last night i'm glad they (and most on here) seem fine.

Such a shame to see some people's facebook (i know!) status' saying "after last night i'm ashamed to be English" and stuff like that.

Just not the time or the place for that sh*t. Next season is going to be interesting if they don't go up.
  • Options
    Looks like has to be by invite or ticket if they do it again.
  • Options
    Was a great event until the scum showed up.Was very nasty. Hope the rumours doing the rounds this morning are not true
  • Options
    It appears someone else does know about it.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30042&posts=5
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Was a great event until the scum showed up.Was very nasty. Hope the rumours doing the rounds this morning are not true

Agreed, although I have been told it was in Bexleyheath that this allegedly happened???
  • Options
    [cite]Nice to meet JW Addick as well.

Good to meet you and GH as well. hat a shame that such a great day had to be fecked up by a few mindless a'holes.

Glad to hear that you and yours were ok. BTW was the kid in the millwall shirt the one that was in Trax earlier? He didn't seem big enough to cause anyone else there any trouble:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]
    [cite]Nice to meet JW Addick as well.[/cite]
    [cite]

Good to meet you and GH as well. hat a shame that such a great day had to be fecked up by a few mindless a'holes.

Glad to hear that you and yours were ok. BTW was the kid in the millwall shirt the one that was in Trax earlier? He didn't seem big enough to cause anyone else there any trouble:)[/cite]

Yep, same one, not a millwall shirt but white t-shirt with millwall badge etc, him a and a few of his pals, what I have been told is that a couple of them put it on some lads in the toilets, who rightly said "piss off mate, this aint a football thing", only for it kick off 20 minutes later.
  • Options
    Tossers