Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch invasions

When was the last time we were allowed on to the hollow turf?

How come every team at the last game or any other when it is importent are allowed on to the pitch at the end but were not?

The last time I remember we were let on to the pitch was Sellout after the QPR game in 1988 I think?

I know you might say we have nothing to cheer about but Barnsley and Derby had nothing to celebrate but they were still allowed on!

Comments

• Options
    They didn't exactly try hard to stop the Derby fans, and then proceeded to let them taunt us - what exactly was their problem?!

I think it was mainly kids trying to look 'cool' behind a heavy steward/police line though.
  • Options
    Us do anything LOL

Yeah 99% of fans do it last game of the season

Us just stand and clap
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Derby confirmed safety.

Let's all rush the pitch on sunday then shall we!
  • Options
    haven't got a problem with people going on the pitch as long as they behave.

The other side of it is that because we stay off the pitch the players can come round and clap the fans and vice versa (or not as the case maybe).

Would have been nice for the Charlton players to have come over and clapped the travelling fans at Derby but due to the pitch invasion they couldn't even wave at us as they had to bomb off down the tunnel to avoid the crush.
  • Options
    Because no one tries to get on the pitch!

Our support is sterile and has been for quite a few years, not only at away games (where the support is absolutely pathetic) but also at the Valley. One of the many reasons for the demise i expect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]They didn't exactly try hard to stop the Derby fans, and then proceeded to let them taunt us - what exactly was their problem?!

I think it was mainly kids trying to look 'cool' behind a heavy steward/police line though.

I loved that, didn't hear a peep all game and suddenly they're up the front ready to take everyone! Bunch of wallys!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]Because no one tries to get on the pitch!

Our support is sterile and has been for quite a few years, not only at away games (where the support is absolutely pathetic) but also at the Valley. One of the many reasons for the demise i expect.

I would say our 619 was better than derby's 31,000
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]Because no one tries to get on the pitch!

Our support is sterile and has been for quite a few years, not only at away games (where the support is absolutely pathetic) but also at the Valley. One of the many reasons for the demise i expect.[/quote]

Make you right
  • Options
    what kentred2 and left behind said
  • Options
    I had to laugh at Millwall's pitch invasion on Saturday, despite vain attempts by the club to surround the edge of the pitch with hundreds of stewards before the final whistle, once the first 20 or so fans got onto the pitch there then was a huge surge and around 6-700 ended up on it. Most of them had obviously forgot that Millwall have another game to play at the Den and the pleas over the tannoy virtually had me in stitches, 'Please do not steal the corner flags'.

Some of their fans even tried to break their own goalposts! As for the pitch the police horses used to back the fans off the pitch have created even further damage to the surface.

God I hope that club don't go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our support is sterile and has been for quite a few years, not only at away games (where the support is absolutely pathetic) but also at the Valley.
    That's probably correct. Also most of our hardcore fans are in the Upper North so getting on the pitch isn't going to be easy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

I was in with the home fans (freebie) and the away support was much louder than the home fans.
    All they came up with was "can you hear the Charlton sing" over and over! well i was on the half way line and i could hear them loud and clear!

worse than our home support.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]Because no one tries to get on the pitch!

Our support is sterile and has been for quite a few years, not only at away games (where the support is absolutely pathetic) but also at the Valley. [/quote]
    That's probably correct. Also most of our [i]hardcore [/i]fans are in the Upper North so getting on the pitch isn't going to be easy.[/quote]

Its easy to get on the pitch just walk down via the NW quad.

My daughter gets free tickets now and again in the N Lower we go in down there and walk up easy .

Even Family stand i often go down there for a chat to a mate so getting on teh pitch is not to hard TBH.

Just needs people to put teh flasks down remove there blankets and get off there arse
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

I was in with the home fans (freebie) and the away support was much louder than the home fans.
    All they came up with was "can you hear the Charlton sing" over and over! well i was on the half way line and i could hear them loud and clear!

worse than our home support.

Thats exactly how i felt! they had about 13k more in their ground than we do too!
  • Options
    Fair points all round!

I can see Norwich having a good go if they stay up on Sunday?

But even back in the day when it was the old covered end and everyone was together no one never attempted it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Fair points all round!

I can see Norwich having a good go if they stay up on Sunday?

But even back in the day when it was the old covered end and everyone was together no one never attempted it?

Did we go on the pitch after Bolton in 84?

Know we did after Palace and Stoke in 85.
  • Options
    Yes. 4-1, halesy brace. Also the 3-3 against Wolves, forget what year.Happy days, crazy nights
  • Options
    We also took the pitch at Wimbourne in about 91 when dozens of our ultras outwitted 1 steward, 2 st johns ambulance women, and a strategic piece of rope !
  • Options
    The best pitch invasion I can remember was after we beat Preston in 1975. Good night, that.
  • Options
    We did Henry I was thinking in the last 15-20 years?

Not one pitch invasion in 15-20 years JEZZ where is our scense of adventure...............LOL!

Lets be bad boys for just once eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]
    Lets be bad boys for just once eh?

Trouble is mate, by the time you made it to the halfway line, the players would be back in the dressing rooms, showered, dressed and halfway down the A2 ! :-)
  • Options
    Cheeky b******d!

Cant wait to see you in the lib on Sunday..................LOL!

oH no I forgot 8 of us in a ecec box on Sunday free beer all day..................Messy!!!!!!

Smudge Pre season ...Your mine!
  • Options
    Last notable pitch invasion I'm aware of at The Valley was final day of 95/96 when we sneaked into the play-offs after drawing 1-1 with Wolves and Millwall were relegated. A few hundred people from Blocks E and F of the Covered End made it on for a chant of "Millwall going down, Millwall Millwall going down". Great day! Last full scale pitch invasion was, I believe, the last day of 93/94 after losing 5-2 to Middlesbrough. That was in the days when everyone had a pitch invasion just for the sake of at their final home game - a bit like the one you get at the Welling friendly every year.

As kendred says, our support's been sterile for years now - that's the price you pay for trying to fill the stadium at any cost and for trying to attract people by selling it as a chance to watch premier league football cheaply rather than than a chance to come and support your local team.
  • Options
    Can't remember the Wolves one but I do remember a few dozen after the Boro game now you have mentioned it!
  • Options
    So will anyone try it ?
  • Options
    Middlesborough home game, mid nineties, we lost 5-2
  • Options
    when we got into the playoffs to face palace, in the coverd end.. seconds to go "On the Pitch" rememeber seeing a steward waving a corner flag celeberating too..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]So will anyone try it ?
    Might as well, haven't got anything better to do!
  • Options
    So who's gonna do it then i make it possibly me and FOD
  • Options
    Count the west stand ultras in!!

We should be able to make the away dug-out to shake Mr Gunns hand!!!