Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch invasions

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]When was the last time we were allowed on to the hollow turf?

I appear to be alone in not understanding what you're on about here. Could someone explain?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]When was the last time we were allowed on to the hollow turf?

I appear to be alone in not understanding what you're on about here. Could someone explain?

He means the pot holes in the car park
  • Options
    As Rothko says I remember people going on the pitch after Boro beat us 5-2 on the last day of the season not long after we'd got back to the Valley
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]When was the last time we were allowed on to the hollow turf?
    [/quote]

I appear to be alone in not understanding what you're on about here. Could someone explain?[/quote]

Meaning when was anyone allowed to step on the pitch at the VALLEY after a game?

Answer against Mboro in 94
  • Options
    Meaning when was anyone allowed to step on the pitch at the VALLEY after a game?

Answer against Mboro in 94[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]when we got into the playoffs to face palace, in the coverd end.. seconds to go "On the Pitch" rememeber seeing a steward waving a corner flag celeberating too..[/quote]

Answer - against Wolves in 96, the game I referred to in my previous quote and to which Adam refers in his quote above.
  • Options
    I've often thought that about pitch invasions or rather non-pitch invasions!

Every season we see footage of other grounds with fans all over the pitch but that hasn't happened with Charlton for years.

We went up to the Prem as Champions with a pathetic loss to Ipswich then a few fireworks - couple of bottles of champers opened on the pitch with polite applause and then off home as if nothing much had happened. Everything is always so low key from the club with announcements about the pitch being required after the season etc etc that we haven't seemed able to celebrate any success in the way that most other clubs do.

I remember Steve Brown saying how surprised he was at the mediocre way in which promotion was celebrated that it hardly felt as if they had achieved anything!
  • Options
    Lets go for it.
  • Options
    agreed all 200 people at the valley sunday storm the pitch!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Lets go for it.[/quote]

yep
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I've often thought that about pitch invasions or rather non-pitch invasions!

Every season we see footage of other grounds with fans all over the pitch but that hasn't happened with Charlton for years.

We went up to the Prem as Champions with a pathetic loss to Ipswich then a few fireworks - couple of bottles of champers opened on the pitch with polite applause and then off home as if nothing much had happened. Everything is always so low key from the club with announcements about the pitch being required after the season etc etc that we haven't seemed able to celebrate any success in the way that most other clubs do.

I remember Steve Brown saying how surprised he was at the mediocre way in which promotion was celebrated that it hardly felt as if they had achieved anything![/quote]

Hit the nail on the head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I've often thought that about pitch invasions or rather non-pitch invasions!

I remember Steve Brown saying how surprised he was at the mediocre way in which promotion was celebrated that it hardly felt as if they had achieved anything!

Hit the nail on the head!

exactly we won the league at blackburn with a miserable 1100 or so fans up there compare that with the 5-6k wolves fans at barnsley this weekend gone by.....
  • Options
    Went on the pitch at Carlisle after we won promotion along with a lot of others (can't remember if it was the first or second time we got promoted up there).

Plus the excellent pitch invasion against Sunderland when the away supporters were in the east stand while the Jimmy Seed was having seats put in. Although that can't be counted as a celebratory pitch invasion I suppose.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Like someone said, the best one was in1975 at the Preston promotion game. Bolton in 1983 was a biggie and obviously the last game at The Valley v Stoke. There was also an attempted sit-in at half time for that one. There was one at Sellout Park (non hallowed turf I know)when we beat Fulham near the end and practically sealed promotion, although the real party was at Carlise. At both Carlise games quite a few addicks got on the pitch, and you had players getting mobbed while about 10 yards away scraps were starting with their fans!