Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live from the Sponsors Dinner

Comments

• Options
    She did also ask if she could put Kins in a headlock as i took a photo of her with him and kb's sis. that was my cue to leave!
  • Options
    well its the same thing, not right in the head/something wrong with her... i was well behaved last night. i felt too nervous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Sorry to go back acouple of days, but I do agree with Curb-it ;
    Lloyd is a nice guy (wouldn't call him a "sweetheart" tho').
    Spoke with him at the POTY do and felt quite guilty at the stick I've been giving him since Christmas.

Did he run past three tables with beer and then fail to deliver?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Kids have no fear.

He seemed very nervous at the start as it was his first Sponors evening and I guess didn't know what to expect, but relaxed quite a bit as time went on. Hopefuly as a result of the collection of a set of good people at our table.

A great night made even better by the company. Must add my thanks to Valley McMoist, as lilsis said, a true gent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]well its the same thing, not right in the head/something wrong with her... i was well behaved last night. i felt too nervous.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_447715 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]jj2.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Our midfield trio for next year then!
  • Options
    dear Lord !!! they didnt make much of an effort geting togged up did they .
  • Options
    WOW ! Thanks for the welcome, lads & lasses. Should have done this AGES ago ! BDL suggested it ( he's full of suggestions) some time back but seeing I'm a shy, retiring ,little Fanny....

Darren - You've lost me re AKFA's vessel .Is it something I should know about ? It's def NOT an empty one from what I've read.

Yes, Ben , I was on the Bromley table & enjoyed meeting your 2 colleagues. Hopefully Rob will be around for us to repeat the exercise this time next year.

Stilladdicted - Thanks goodness DS,NG & co (esp A Mann !!) have been left behind on Your Whinges....My BP rises every time I go there but,hey, guess I'm a sado masochist at heart !

KBslittlesis - Not sure what WSS stands for yet but I'll be sure to give it/him/her a wide berth.

Large - All I'll say is my bark's worse than my bite ( Ben will hopefully testify to that ! )

Curb_it - The lady in question has sponsored "Lloydy's" shirt since he was given a squad number & is aka his second Mum . Lovely girl - will try to get her on here too as double entendres /quick wit are her speciality.

Thanks again, All .Off to Bluewater now (my second home) to shop for the week in sunny Tenerife on the 8th . Catch you later.
  • Options
    2 of the players were wearing the same top! nicky and deon were laughing about that and how one of them must be "ripping"

i liked watching how the players interacted with each other - any banter etc. at one point todorov walked past burton and squeezed his neck and deon didn' tknow who it was or anything but said "hello mr todorov" and todorov started grinning. some seemed to talk to others and muck about and others left others alone.

rob elliot's lip looked awful as he held his head back and showed us it in all its glory! we said we were at derby and he mentioned the penguin, we said that we were singing his name and were impressed he waved and he said he could hear us all.
  • Options
    And Therry & Moots were sporting the same designer top , Goonerhater ! Apparently it was orchestrated though so no handbags etc....
  • Options
    Are we related, Suzi ? Spooky or what ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Fanny. I thought they must have been as they had a big hug hello. Thought it was lovely.
  • Options
    Hello Fanny,
    I meant to say hello to you last night but ran out of time!
  • Options
    Fanny, Can't comment on your bite from personal experience : - )

Did anyone speak to Parky? How was he looking?
  • Options
    What about Moots?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    parky was on a table reasonably far away from us and was deep in conversation with his sponsors, but he did pause to sign everything and smiled and said thank you to everyone.
    he looked tired, but then I think he looks tired all the time!

dickson looked in good form, smiling, joking with his table and trying to see the screen showing the match

moots turned up slightly late I think but was smiley and chatty, he was on the table with sam. he said bye to me and curbit as we were coming up the stairs
  • Options
    SolarAddick was on Parky's table
  • Options
    It was all suits and serious stuff on Parkinson's table. He arrived the same time as us and he was very quiet.
  • Options
    No probs, Suzi. Hope to meet you properly next season.
  • Options
    Only had a small chat with Parky as he stopped at our table on the way out.

Reckoned that the FA were trying to stop JonJo playing on Sunday because he's joining up with England U17's for a tournament next week. Apparently we've told them to get stuffed, but don't be surprised to see him subbed after 70 mins.

Told us not to keep Jonjo up too late as he left.
  • Options
    Parky may have been a bit apprehensive about the evening, you'd think.

sounds like a good night. it's nice to hear some positives about the players and the stories are great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

moots turned up slightly late

!
  • Options
    Matty made me laugh as he left

'Jonjo, what you still doing here????'

looked around and we were the last table there...........what a boy!
  • Options
    i went to a sponsor's night a few years ago and mark fish left early. I heard him say to one of the other players he was off to a party!
  • Options
    none of the players were drinking as this morning they all had to do their end of season fitness tests. 4 minutes x 4 repeats of running at 15.0km on gradient 2. with a one minute rest in between.

So the club knows how unfit they are when they get back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

moots turned up slightly late

!

But he turned up twice in a week. Plus he didn't wear a cardigan and his arm muscles were gorgeously rock hard under a silky smooth fine black jumper. Not that these things affect me you understand!
  • Options
    Welcome to the madhouse Jean.
  • Options
    Parky is a gent. Well-attired in suit/collar& tie, easy to talk with. Broke the ice with chat about golf-day today, and his 'main' shirt sponsors, from Reliance Cleaning, were all 'mature' guys well-versed in local non-league football, with lots of chat about Bromley, Ebbsfleet, Millwall and 'young player' chat re guys on the non-league circuit who Parky had seen and evaluated as 'not good enough'.
    There is a lot of uncertainty re the budget for next season (stating the obvious!). Suggestion was that he'd like to keep ZZ but would also like the money available from his wages if he does go. Desperate need for strikers. Unlikely to start any youngsters on Sunday, but will probably have some on the bench.

He is concerned about confidence-levels with the youngsters- if things go wrong it can take a while to restore confidence in ability.

I remain ambivolent as to whether he is the right man for CAFC for next season, but on the evidence of last night he will be in a better position to get things right than he has been this season.
  • Options
    welcome Jean.

loco-internet.jpg
  • Options
    Moots and Racon were like Ant and Dec with the same tops on.
    Lloyd and Matt spring were both top bloke with good humour.
    Curb_it the lady on our table was Julie from Valley Express with her son, Julie is also on Charltonlife by the name of Sam Llyod!
    Llyod and Matt both said that they would like to stay and Llyod is quite worried by a facebook group saying that there will be a pitch Invasion at the end of the game!
  • Options
    haha what a scardey cat