Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

season ticket desertion

13»

Comments

• Options
    It's clear that there are a significant number of potential renewals which are dependent on what happens over the summer regarding managerial appointments and player recruitment. On that basis, it really does seem that the Club has missed a trick by not offering substantial incentives to encourage early renewal.

As Henry says earlier in the thread, with limited cash up front, the summer transfer activity is likely to be much less than it might have been had we had lots of early renewals. In turn, that will mean that we get to August and those who are wavering will remain less than impressed and will choose not to renew - viscious circle really.

How much better if the Club was offering early renewal incentives, or some 'halfway house' to encourage early up-front investment by fans (see the £100 credit note idea in the recent minutes of the Fans' Forum meeting with the Board on 2nd April) so that the working capital for the summer was boosted.

On a wider note, though - to hell with the financial jiggery-pokery. Assuming that you can afford it, I urge you to renew as soon as possible to give the Club you love the very best chance of assembling a squad to get us back on track again.

If you've ever sung 'Red Army', maybe it's time to think about signing up rather than letting other fans do battle for you.
  • Options
    Dave, seriously, at your last meeting did you discuss at all the situation regarding Parky's continued tenure at the Club and, if so, did the Club acknowledge that they knew it would affect season ticket sales if he remained in charge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I want to renew, in fact I can't wait but I haven't received my application form, so I phoned the ticket office to be told that there is a problem with the printers so they can't send me a replacement form and I need to wait until the end of the week.

Why don't you renew online ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I want to renew, in fact I can't wait but I haven't received my application form, so I phoned the ticket office to be told that there is a problem with the printers so they can't send me a replacement form and I need to wait until the end of the week.

he hasn't got a computer ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

Because I don't have £400 odd quid under the mattress at home and need to do the installment thing as I'm moving stands.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Dave, seriously, at your last meeting did you discuss at all the situation regarding Parky's continued tenure at the Club and, if so, did the Club acknowledge that they knew it would affect season ticket sales if he remained in charge.[/quote]

Yes, Large. I think it's fair to say that the Club are fully aware. Our notes reflect the response we received to the question about Phil Parkinson's tenure - we were told that his "position would be reviewed". When we pressed the point, we were told that his "position would be reviewed". Read into that what you will.

The frustration for us was that the season ticket details were announced the day before our last meeting, indicating that fans' input was not high on the Club's priority list. This dissatisfaction was acknowledged and we remain hopeful that some of the more creative ideas (one or two of which originated from Lifers) can still be implemented.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    The frustration for us was that the season ticket details were announced the day before our last meeting, indicating that fans' input was not high on the Club's priority list. This dissatisfaction was acknowledged and we remain hopeful that some of the more creative ideas (one or two of which originated from Lifers) can still be implemented.

Dave, I feel that is a distortion of what happened.

The Target 40,000 committee had been looking at the pricing issue for many months and that involves a number of fans.

It also now involves, at my prompting, Gary Davenport as the FF rep on the Target 40k committee.

Gary saw the draft proposals from the TK40 to the board and was asked to comment on them. He also attended a meeting of the committee where the proposals were drafted.

It was my understanding that he fedback the discussions of the T40k meeting to the rest of the FF so you could all input. There was more than adequate time to comment and make suggestions. I know this as I couldn't attend the meeting but did make email comments to all the other members including Gary.

So saying "fans input was not high on the club's priority list" is just not true.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Very few Africans, Asians etc support CAFC, instead choosing to support the usual suspects.

Well you've got this Asian!
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Our notes reflect the response we received to the question about Phil Parkinson's tenure - we were told that his "position would be reviewed". When we pressed the point, we were told that his "position would be reviewed". Read into that what you will.

His position will be reviewed by any chance?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite][quote]
    The frustration for us was that the season ticket details were announced the day before our last meeting, indicating that fans' input was not high on the Club's priority list. This dissatisfaction was acknowledged and we remain hopeful that some of the more creative ideas (one or two of which originated from Lifers) can still be implemented.[/quote]

Dave, I feel that is a distortion of what happened.

The Target 40,000 committee had been looking at the pricing issue for many months and that involves a number of fans.

It also now involves, at my prompting, Gary Davenport as the FF rep on the Target 40k committee.

Gary saw the draft proposals from the TK40 to the board and was asked to comment on them. He also attended a meeting of the committee where the proposals were drafted.

It was my understanding that he fedback the discussions of the T40k meeting to the rest of the FF so you could all input. There was more than adequate time to comment and make suggestions. I know this as I couldn't attend the meeting but did make email comments to all the other members including Gary.

So saying "fans input was not high on the club's priority list" is just not true.[/quote]

Henry - while all of that may be true, we were lead to believe that there would be an opportunity at the 2nd April meeting to discuss the 'creative suggestions' we had gathered from fans. Indeed, we had a specific item on the agenda for that meeting, and that agenda was clearly put together against the backdrop of the season ticket details announcement on 1st April. To discover the day before the 2nd April meeting that things were done and dusted was a bit of a disappointment to us.

Pricing is one thing, whereas incentives for early renewal and the strategy to encourage renewal are different points. If these latter points were discussed at any Target 40,000 meeting, it would not have been with the Fans' Forum input as we believed that the 2nd April meeting was our opportunity to do that.
  • Options
    Your not Asian Kap, Your Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the areas including incentives, when to announce, early bird offers, etc were discussed at the meetings and in the minutes. Check with Gary

Really think this is something you should discuss with Gary and the others as to how you can most effectively feed into the T40K and the other committees such as SAG where the Norwich ticketing issue was and no doubt will be raised.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]All the areas including incentives, when to announce, early bird offers, etc were discussed at the meetings and in the minutes. Check with Gary

Really think this is something you should discuss with Gary and the others as to how you can most effectively feed into the T40K and the other committees such as SAG where the Norwich ticketing issue was and no doubt will be raised.[/quote]

So, the £100 credit note idea was discussed? I don't think so as I'm not sure that it had been dreamed up at the time of the (one) meeting that Gary attended.

Don't want to get into verbal tennis, Henry. My point is that the Fans' Forum had gathered up some constructive suggestions from fans for input into the Club and were under the impression that there was an opportunity to raise and discuss them on 2nd April. While the door remains slightly open, it's obviously a lot harder to change something which is already there rather than build in ideas at the outset.

I think the learning point is that the Fans' Forum needed to be clearer about overall timeframes, in which case it may have been able to be more vociferous at an earlier stage. In turn, if the existing season ticket details were established with fans' input, the Target 40,000 committee may be well advised to review the quality of its input.
  • Options
    I agree on your last para about being more vociferous and reviewing the quality of the input which is why I was pushing you all so hard to get involved with T40K, SAG etc all those moons ago.

A lot, if not most, of the off field decisions get made or are at least heavily influnced there rather than in the board room

But to say that "Fans' input was not high on the Club's priority list" was unfair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]It's clear that there are a significant number of potential renewals which are dependent on what happens over the summer regarding managerial appointments and player recruitment. On that basis, it really does seem that the Club has missed a trick by not offering substantial incentives to encourage early renewal.

Yep that's what I said not long after they announced the ticket prices. Last 2 seasons it was the free season ticket if we got promoted, before that I'm sure the prices went up after the deadline?

Aren't cheaper prices before the deadline one of the reasons Norwich have continued to sell so many season tickets?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]It's clear that there are a significant number of potential renewals which are dependent on what happens over the summer regarding managerial appointments and player recruitment. On that basis, it really does seem that the Club has missed a trick by not offering substantial incentives to encourage early renewal.

Yep that's what I said not long after they announced the ticket prices. Last 2 seasons it was the free season ticket if we got promoted, before that I'm sure the prices went up after the deadline?

Aren't cheaper prices before the deadline one of the reasons Norwich have continued to sell so many season tickets?

and are now looking at giving 20% rebates if they go down.

Honestly can't remember why the early bird idea wasn't taken up as I missed the meeting but Airman Brown may remember the rational.

Not saying the T40k or the board get it right every time on pricing but they do consider a number of options. Personally I like to see more fans from the FF and elsewhere involved and if that means some of the ex-supporters' directors, including me, stepping aside then all well and good.
  • Options
    Me and my 3 sons cancelled or STs last season, however we are renewing for next season, I would agree that the club does need us but its only football and a lot of people have higher priorities than buying a ST. Also we as fans have been more than patient with the team and club over the last 3/5 seasons, so the drop in sales is to be expected.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Me and my 3 sons cancelled or STs last season, however we are renewing for next season, I would agree that the club does need us but its only football and a lot of people have higher priorities than buying a ST. Also we as fans have been more than patient with the team and club over the last 3/5 seasons, so the drop in sales is to be expected.

Good to have you back.

teams go down and so do their crowds. A shame as the club does need the money badly but can't blame people. It's their money and they spend as they wish but then that applies to the directors and how much of their own money they choose to put in as well.