Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona or Real Madrid

I have always favoured Real Madrid. But over the last few seasons I have found Barcelona's football irresistible and I will be supporting them on Saturday night.

Comments

• Options
    I prefer Barca.
    Mainly because of Lineker,Hughes,Archibald,Venables
  • Options
    Barca. Homage to Catalonia and all that.

Shame some team with no identity had to copy their kit.
  • Options
    Barca read about the history of the two clubs last year and Barca is the 'Peoples' club..
  • Options
    Didn't Franco have something to do with Real Madrid?
  • Options
    Always Real for me, don't know why, I really dislike Barca.
  • Options
    Madrid.

I lived there for six months, about 5 minutes walk away from the Bernebeu. Home matches on a Sunday are a great day out for Madrid families .... church in the morning, lunch (long lunch), match, dinner (long dinner).

One thing that I found interesting is that Spanish fans rarely seem to travel to away matches. While I was there, I saw Madrid at Valladolid and at Rayo Vallecano (who are the kind of Tranmere in Madrid) and there couldn't have been more than a couple of hundred of us. Still required machine-gun supervision from the National Guard at the match, though.

True Spanish football fans could never support Barca. They are from another country. FACT.

¡¡Hala Madrid!!
  • Options
    went to both stadiums last year, real for the match, barca only for the tour. both are amazing.

barca all the way though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Didn't Franco have something to do with Real Madrid?

And how!
  • Options
    Just to be picky ............

Don't fall for the media trap of referring to 'Real'. It's Madrid.

You wouldn't say 'Aston' or 'Crystal', would you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Just to be picky ............

You wouldn't say 'Aston' or 'Crystal', would you?

Could be Athletico Madrid tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That also applies to Inter Milan....in Italy they are called Inter....and never Inter Milan.
  • Options
    Madrid, hate barca (sorry leroy) hate their horrible excuse for a kit, and when i see a barca top around my area they always get a look off of me to say 'get off my manor Palarse'!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Barca. For reasons too numerous to mention! No-one outside Spain should ever root for the Madrileno scum. Franco used them as a plaything for years. Even now they are bankrolled by the government to a ridiculous degree.
  • Options
    I love Charlton fans.

opinions about everything from appropriate footwear for men to which Spanish team to hate.

Have a good capitalist exploiters and destroyers of the economy weekend you all.

See anyone who cares in the Lib
  • Options
    Catalans are the most miserable people in southern Europe. I also hate Franco's merangues.

i guess on the grounds that the current Barca team play the best football that I've seen since Brazil 82, that I'd plump for them. I doubt they care either way, to be honest though.
  • Options
    Barca !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Just to be picky ............

You wouldn't say 'Aston' or 'Crystal', would you?[/quote]

Could be Athletico Madrid tbf[/quote]

Nope. Atletico Madrid are called 'Atletico'
  • Options
    Barca!

Real are tainted by their association with Franco. I like the city, but not Real.
  • Options
    Barca all the way for me for many of the reasons above and more PLUS they actually give money to the organisation named on their shirts rather than hawking it around to the highest bidder! Class act IMO.
  • Options
    Real for me for all the reasons above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Barca!

Real are tainted by their association with Franco. I like the city, but not Real.

Who is this Franco, Butcher???
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Barca for all the reasons given above and below and on every page going forward
  • Options
    Real Madrid are literally countless millions in debt but are allowed to get away with it because they are also a huge(and at one time very exclusive) sports club that has numerous other sporting facilities within it's remit that were set up by Francos corrupt Facist Government many decades ago.
    Historicaly they were payrolled by Francos regime and ran up debts of a small nation....to this day a blind eye is still turned because of their fame and unquestionable incredible pedigree and no one knows quite how to sort the ongoing problem out.....it's used as a political football and is highly embarrassing for many Spaniards that live outside of Madrid....... the whole set up always did and always will stink to high heaven.
  • Options
    Barca for me - largely because of the way they play. Messi excites me more that your average CAFC player!
  • Options
    Barca, always Barca.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Barca. For reasons too numerous to mention! No-one outside Spain should ever root for the Madrileno scum. Franco used them as a plaything for years. Even now they are bankrolled by the government to a ridiculous degree.

Yep.

Barca all the way.

més que un club.

Real Madrid = fascists.
  • Options
    It kicked off 10 mins ago SS3, 0-0.
  • Options
    one nil madrid
  • Options
    1-1 no 1-2 Barca now winning.
  • Options
    1-3 to Barca. 37mins gone.