Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich and administration?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm, just about, BFR ......so you are right there.
    But it'only 39 miles from Nottingham. for example - and Nottm Forest is a Midlands club.

Oh sod it .... agreed, then. Doncaster are closet Geordies.

In mitigation the rest of the country considers all Londoners to be cockneys, so why can't all northerners be Geordies?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]But it is northern.

So is Watford...
  • Options
    Norwich Chairman and Chief Executive have resigned tonight. (Don't tell Seth)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Norwich Chairman and Chief Executive have resigned tonight. (Don't tell Seth)

What wage was he on ?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Hmmm, just about, BFR ......so you are right there.
    But it'only 39 miles from Nottingham. for example - and Nottm Forest is a Midlands club.

Oh sod it .... agreed, then. Doncaster are closet Geordies.

In mitigation the rest of the country considers all Londoners to be cockneys, so why can't all northerners be Geordies?

I went to Blackpool once, as I was told it was on west coast - turns out it was oop north!!!
  • Options
    Supporters certainly not happy with their board, at the supporters club meeting on Thursday they had a vote of no confidence for the board, 500 voted with the No confidence . 0 for the board, and 5 Abstentions. In a vote for the appointment of Gunn going in a similar way, although most said they would support the manager but not the board.
  • Options
    Two-thirds of City's season ticket holders chose to claim their season ticket rebate following the club's relegation.

Trust chairman Paul Bond told the NCST website: "We have a scheme which would allow the club to regain team building income and strengthen the fans' input."

Bond believes the £700,000 that has gone back to fans could be used to ensure they have a voice on the board.

The club confirmed on Wednesday that £350,000 of rebates had been left unclaimed, amounting to around 6,000 of their 18,000 season ticket holders.
  • Options
    18,000 season ticket holders. That's impressive for Div 3.

How many do we have now?
  • Options
    That was the refund to their STs from last season jimmy, not this one coming, though that was pretty good to be honest and I don't doubt they will have more than us again this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: w/sladeaddick[/cite]Supporters certainly not happy with their board, at the supporters club meeting on Thursday they had a vote of no confidence for the board, 500 voted with the No confidence . 0 for the board, and 5 Abstentions. In a vote for the appointment of Gunn going in a similar way, although most said they would support the manager but not the board.
    That's how you turn things round tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comment by jimmymelrose 23 hours ago

"18,000 season ticket holders. That's impressive for Div 3. "

Comment by Steve Dowman 13 hours ago
    "That was the refund to their STs from last season jimmy, not this one coming, though that was pretty good to be honest and I don't doubt they will have more than us again this season. "

No Jimmy was correct Norwich have 18,000 S/T holders for this season who renewed early and were promised a refund of part of the price if they were relegated. Two thirds asked for a refund amounting to £700K being or needing to be refunded.
  • Options
    Does that mean that their st's are now back to 6,000 or did the refunded retain their ST's?
  • Options
    It was a rebate offered to fans renewing their STs in the event that Narwich were relegated. So assuming the figures are right, 6,000 out of a total of 18,000 have not yet claimed their rebate. I am astonished that it is as high as that given the club were desperate to avoid paying out and were appealing to fans not to claim it.
  • Options
    I understood that around 12000 were asking for a full refund as they do not want season tickets any more. I guess the remainder will get something back due to the level of football they will be watching. Either way Norwich are in the poo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I understood that around 12000 were asking for a full refund as they do not want season tickets any more. I guess the remainder will get something back due to the level of football they will be watching. Either way Norwich are in the poo

wrong. Still have 18,000 season ticket holders. Just that some exercised their right to a refund due to relegation whereas around 6,000 told the Club to keep the money towards the transfer pot.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    News Of The World say they could go into administration this week ...!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/695976/CANARIES-ON-BRINK-OF-ADMINISTRATION.html
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]News Of The World say they could go into administration this week ...!

[url]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/695976/CANARIES-ON-BRINK-OF-ADMINISTRATION.html[/url][/quote]

Given the number of times we have been touted in the media as about to go into admin, I would take this with a pinch of salt. Unless the revenue are involved it won't happen unless they fail to get promoted, same as us.
  • Options
    nice thought....not the administration....but the 10 point deduction....can't see it happening though, every week the papers seem to mention a different club!
  • Options
    As Kap and Eltham say it seems that every team has a turn to be "about to go into Administration" and this week it is Norwich.
  • Options
    Don't want them to go into admin. Want a proper league. Not saying they shouldn't if they've ballsed their finances, just saying I'd rather they were ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pure speculation. Not a single quote from a Norwich official in that report.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    as others have said no proper qoutes from anyone.. strange no news and then all of a sudden Norwich go top and this comes out.. more lazy journalism.. its only coz they have no premier league football to talk about !! After all they are in the same boat as us when it comes to finances.. why go into admin when you are top of the league and a very good cvhance of going up? Why sign players when you are aboutto go into admin and not sell any??
  • Options
    I agree its unlikely that they will go into admin but lets remember Football Chairman tend rarely act rationally.

If I were a conspiracy theorist Norwich may know they are close to admin so have signed players whilst they still could . Palace signed Ambrose in the summer , I'm sure he is getting a good wage which it is now clear they can't really afford.

However , there are things behind the scenes at Carrow Road which would concern me in the long term if I were a Canary . The Lambert compensation case is still outstanding and if they fail to go up I suspect the black hole is a lot larger than ours would be.

How much would they need to cough up .They may feel that a ten point reduction could be the lesser of two evils especially as the league have already said it may be a more 'relevant' punishment.
  • Options
    Not sure that Ambrose is getting a particularly good wage Richard...he went out on loan here and there and didn't get anywhere and also wasn't wanted by us, so he wasn't exactly in much of a position to negotiate good terms....I rather fancy Palarse would have done quite a good deal there......... re his wages that is.
  • Options
    i'm sure they're about to sell hoolahan or holt or whoever ... richard murray said they'd be selling!
  • Options
    that's true.. i wasn't at that Richard Murray but a friedn was and he did mentiion will need to sell but even if they did do that why go into admin now and not in the summer if they dont go up??
  • Options
    I think this story is speculative or has been leaked to soften the fans up for the departure of one or two players. There have been rumours for a while that they are in trouble and the report which was from the club that they were considering selling the ground says that they are in a financial hole, but I doubt that admin this week is likely.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just came across this link.. which seems more thank likely.... to be honest.. shame the news of the world don't pick this up.. this they have seemed to have ignored reporting (it just a link to an "interesting" discussion about Norwich !!

http://leytonorient2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=228462
  • Options
    I read this article a couple of weeks ago and thought it set out Norwich's financial situation.

Norwich 'ok'till May?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I read this article a couple of weeks ago and thought it set out Norwich's financial situation.

Norwich 'ok'till May?

I suspect thats pretty much the timescale we are ok for too.