Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Beehive at New Eltham

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]Anyone aware of The Farmhouse on Beanshaw in what I assume is New Eltham, just off Green Lane near Chislehurst. I always assumed the place was dead but went in there about a year ago and they got big screen Sky, was fairly busy and friendly and even handed out bowls of roast potatoes at half time! I either caught it on a good day or it is a bit of a dark horse.

Thats a 5min walk from my house aswell, I never knew I had some many pubs within walking distance :O

I used to go in The Farmhouse years ago when I had relly's living in Beanshaw.

Then after we used to go to The White Horse, Chislehurst.
    Long time since I've been anywhere near though.

My Uncles used to drink in the White Horse in the 70's & 80's, as my grandparents lived in Dunkery Road, then it changed to the Penny Farthing, not been in there for years.
  • Options
    porcupine is a decent boozer. my dad's been drinking there for 30 years. spent a lot of my childhood out in the beer garden there, and always every sunday after church.
  • Options
    The fella that sings there every other Sunday afternoon is first class
  • Options
    I went in Sidcup Place tonight, surprislingly empty for a friday night, i didnt get ID'ed either
  • Options
    The Beehive is currently having a £100k+ facelift. Here's hoping. It's more the clientele that needs revamping.
  • Options
    Went passed it yesterday.

The problem with these kind of boozers is that it is very hard to get the aggro locals shifted.

Can end up a wee bit like Shameless. . . .
  • Options
    it worked for the Royal in mottingham! haha. Well a few of the old locals go in there but they're older. You dont get many youngsters in there paying 3.20 a pint.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Went passed it yesterday.

The problem with these kind of boozers is that it is very hard to get the aggro locals shifted.

was in the northbrook in lee after work yesterday and that's exactly what i thought about that place. you know most of the punters had been there all day (and their kids).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Went passed it yesterday.

was in the northbrook in lee after work yesterday and that's exactly what i thought about that place. you know most of the punters had been there all day (and their kids).

Les....are you saying The Northbrook has had a refurb?
  • Options
    Funny you should mention The Northbrook walked passed it the other day.

WTF!

What a total shithole. Roughest looking pub Ive seen around our area.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a real shame about the Northbrook. Used to be a really decent boozer. I used to be in the TA at Grove Park and it was the pub that we used for get togethers of the Sergeants' and Officers' messes. Decent food, decent pint and decent punters. Sounds like a turd of sh*te now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Funny you should mention The Northbrook walked passed it the other day.

WTF!

What a total shithole. Roughest looking pub Ive seen around our area.

And that's putting it lightly!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]That's a real shame about the Northbrook. Used to be a really decent boozer. I used to be in the TA at Grove Park and it was the pub that we used for get togethers of the Sergeants' and Officers' messes. Decent food, decent pint and decent punters. Sounds like a turd of sh*te now.

A turd of Sh*te, lol

Shouldn't that be on the 'Fumble of goalkeepers', a 'Sack full of Managers' thread .......
  • Options
    Meeting up with Phil & Christine over the weekend (they're running the Northbrook atm).
    I'll get them to look at this thread.......

;-)
  • Options
    I see the Beehive has just reopened. Still looks like the same old crowd hanging around outside. What work did they actually do, apart from tarting up the outside?

Bring back Terry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]I see the Beehive has just reopened. Still looks like the same old crowd hanging around outside. What work did they actually do, apart from tarting up the outside?

Bring back Terry!

Terry wouldn't come back for a million quid. He's got a cosy little pub with a regular group of punters and no trouble from undesirables.
  • Options
    Bump!

Anyone been since the new makeover? Has it improved?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Bump!

Anyone been since the new makeover? Has it improved?

Been past it - can't say I noticed any difference to be honest.

However, there is a new sign on the road to New Eltham station - just by the florist - saying something like "Come to the Beehive - under new managemnt", or summink. Strangely I've resited so far. Dunno why.
  • Options
    The Beehive....a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle Show.
  • Options
    me pal is home week after next who lives nearby so ill give it a go then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we used to call it the BeeDive !
    Chirpy is right about Terry tho, he was a proper landlord and ran a proper pub !
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Popped in there last night for a fizzy water (not drinking till 28th Nov) whilst waiting for a Chinese Take-away.
    Seems ok. Not my choice of décor, looks a bit Gastro Pub style, although they don't do food.
    They had Pride, Bombardier and a guest Cornish ale on.
    Clientele seemed ok, no obvious scum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Popped in there last night for a fizzy water (not drinking till Dec) whilst waiting for a Chinese Take-away.
    Seems ok. Not my choice of décor, looks a bit Gastro Pub style, although they don't do food.
    They had Pride, Bombardier and a guest Cornish ale on.
    Clientele seemed ok, no obvious scum.

You little (or should I say "big" liar). I know for a fact that you will be out of your trolly on the 28th November.
  • Options
    Little Liar on 28th Nov
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite] Clientele seemed ok, no obvious scum.

Go back again on a friday night or saturday afternoon and see if you think the same
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Clientele seemed ok, no obvious scum.

Go back again on a friday night or saturday afternoon and see if you think the same

That's a bit like saying go to the Antigallican on a matchday, compared with any other days of the week .... (!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Clientele seemed ok, no obvious scum.

Why? Is that when you're in there........? ;-)
  • Options
    Well, I went into the Beehive last night for the first time snce it was done up and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised.

The decor, etc is good - maybe a bit too "poncey" for my liking, but then I do like an old school old mans pub - but most importantly the clientele was, ....well ..... normal! Just a bunch of normal people in there having a drink. Couples, a few small groups of men/women, etc, but NO CHAVS, NO FIGHTS, NO ARGUMENTS AND NO SCUMBAGS DEALING OUT OF THE KHAZI'S.

The staff were friendly and very apologetic for keeping us waiting, even though they were clearly struggling at one point, and there's even one of them Dyson Blade dryers in the gents (I know, I'm easilly pleased!)

New Eltham has been crying out for a decent boozer for years, and now I think it may finally have got one. Now it's up to the locals to support it and ensure that it doesn't slip back into the abyss from which it seems to have dragged itself. I would encourage anyone who lives/works locally to give it a try and support this local business.
  • Options
    Was also in the dive last night and put 2 quid in the fruity and won 70 quid so will deffo be going back..
  • Options
    Hope you bought Off_it apint.