Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Beehive at New Eltham

Comments

• Options
    Been in there quite a lot recently, has made a complete turnaround. Needs a big screen and Sky Sports to complete it though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Been in there quite a lot recently, has made a complete turnaround. Needs a big screen and Sky Sports to complete it though!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That and the pool table is what attracted the local scumbags in the first place.

If you go for a drink, have a drink and some conversation. If you want to watch telly stay indoors.
  • Options
    think they are getting a big screen put in for the WC.

Heard that a lot of pubs locally are going to be ticket-only for the England games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Been in there quite a lot recently, has made a complete turnaround. Needs a big screen and Sky Sports to complete it though!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That and the pool table is what attracted the local scumbags in the first place.

If you go for a drink, have a drink and some conversation. If you want to watch telly stay indoors.

and dont eat any food either.

fu** sake. Called me sad but i find it hard to continue drinking from 6.30 till 11 without eating these days. sorry. ill get something at cannon street on my way.
  • Options
    There's a chippy opposite - not a bad one either. You could always get yourself a pickled egg if you're desperado.
  • Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

What about people who want to watch football with their mates whilst having a drink and conversation at the same time?
  • Options
    6 women of a certain age - a pickled egg just wouldnt work for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]6 women of a certain age - a pickled egg just wouldnt work for us.

6 (SIX)???

With those odds I might be able to rustle up a savaloy.
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

What about people who want to watch football with their mates whilst having a drink and conversation at the same time?

What, you mean "benders"???
  • Options
    edited June 2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I think the strict over 25's and price increases should keep out the riff raff.

Anyone been to The Farmhouse on the coldharbour estate in what must be the borders of Chislehurst / Mottingham / New Eltham? Proper old fashioned pub, the only pub within walking distance to me that has Sky Sports and a big screen so watched a few games there this season and was suprised to see they put it bowls of roast potatoes at half time which was nice. Looks doidgy from the outside and has a vibe of a local pub for local people about it but never had any problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Strange logic you have. I think you'll find a lot of 'benders' watching football in pubs throughout June and July then, whilst you sit at home on your own watching tv indoors.
  • Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

HAHA you do make me laugh Off_it. Its like your stuck in 1982.
    ;-)
  • Options
    And what's wrong with it here in 1982?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]And what's wrong with it here in 1982?

Agreed, Madness are currently No 1 with House of Fun....
  • Options
    How's Gene (Hunt) ?
  • Options
    we finished 1 place behind chelsea in the old 2nd division.
    luton, watford and norwich get promoted to the top tier.
  • Options
    well for starters, in 1982 i was simply a glint in the old mans eye.
  • Options
    True, but then agian the Argies have just invaded The Falklands Islands, so not all good.

(By the way, just where are the Falkland Islands???)
  • Options
    OK, here's an idea for a TV show/film.

2010 football slips on a prawn sandwich in an executive box and wakes up in 1982.

He's now standing on a grotty terrace and has been spotted by the home firm as "not a local"

There follows much hilarity as his 21st century view of football conflicts with the values and norms of 80s football.

Just need a name now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]OK, here's an idea for a TV show/film.

2010 football slips on a prawn sandwich in an executive box and wakes up in 1982.

He's now standing on a grotty terrace and has been spotted by the home firm as "not a local"

There follows much hilarity as his 21st century view of football conflicts with the values and norms of 80s football.

Just need a name now.

"Millwall Away"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I think the strict over 25's and price increases should keep out the riff raff.

Anyone been to The Farmhouse on the coldharbour estate in what must be the borders of Chislehurst / Mottingham / New Eltham? Proper old fashioned pub, the only pub within walking distance to me that has Sky Sports and a big screen so watched a few games there this season and was suprised to see they put it bowls of roast potatoes at half time which was nice. Looks doidgy from the outside and has a vibe of a local pub for local people about it but never had any problems.

Fella who had the Porci in Mottingham runs that now I think. Always did cheese, biscuits, onions, roasts spuds etc on the bar on a Sunday.
  • Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Tell 'em to stop all the silly cabaret and other acts as well then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Ha, no !

I know you would happily drink out of a puddle if it was 5.2% proof

Tastes like Stella, you mean .....?

;o)
  • Options
    More importantly what's the bitter like? Sorry AFKA I don't want your thoughts, Euro Fizz is the same everywhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]6 women of a certain age - a pickled egg just wouldnt work for us.

6 (SIX)???

With those odds I might be able to rustle up a savaloy.
    ;o)

Well, what a night that was!
    :o)
  • Options
    Oi. I didnt see you in there? Did I?

and AFKA... food? no sign of food. I was hungry when i went in at 7 and starving by the time i came out at closing. Very nice pub. What a turnaround.
  • Options
    It's ok Curb_it, I promise not to spill the beans.
  • Options
    I drove past The Volunter in the back streets of Bexleyheath tonight. That looks a nice little boozer. Anyone use it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I drove past The Volunter in the back streets of Bexleyheath tonight. That looks a nice little boozer. Anyone use it?

Yes, can be a little clicky, but not too bad. As you say, a nice little backstreet pub, and do a fair bit of entertainment there.
  • Options
    Went in The Beehive on Friday night. Really good. Ale excellent. :-)