Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From another list called dont shoot the messenger.

Comments

• Options
    I've got a clean pair of trousers just in case I wet myself with excitement
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I've got a clean pair of trousers just in case I wet myself with excitement

I'm wearing a nappy

and brown trousers just in case
  • Options
    i hear the bill curbishley one last week also.
  • Options
    Hot news......John Paul Jones, local Sidcup boy, ex Blackheath schoolboy, Led Zeppelin bassist, and Charlton Athletic fanatic is a lead player and financial contributor with Cheryl Baker, and the trustees of Frankie Howards estate, has agreed to takeover Charlton Athletic, wipe out all debts, pay in an initial 50 million, and sign over his royalties from all his Zep work (except for Stairway royalties which he thinks will be enough for him personally)which wil guarantee a club annual income of 14million. The only restriction is that JPJ insists that Charlton swap places with Glasgow Rangers and play in the SPL for the next ten years to be near his estates on the Isle of Muck
  • Options
    In all seriousness I hear that something will be announced this afternoon in regards to a takeover

Not really
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Hot news......John Paul Jones, local Sidcup boy, ex Blackheath schoolboy, Led Zeppelin bassist, and Charlton Athletic fanatic is a lead player and financial contributor with Cheryl Baker, and the trustees of Frankie Howards estate, has agreed to takeover Charlton Athletic, wipe out all debts, pay in an initial 50 million, and sign over his royalties from all his Zep work (except for Stairway royalties which he thinks will be enough for him personally)which wil guarantee a club annual income of 14million. The only restriction is that JPJ insists that Charlton swap places with Glasgow Rangers and play in the SPL for the next ten years to be near his estates on the Isle of Muck

Don't forget Bob Hope wants to chip in as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]In all seriousness I hear that something will be announced this afternoon in regards to a takeover

[span]Not really[/span]

Something good - or something bad?

come on dammit - we need more information or the nutters on here will turn that statement into something completely different :-)
  • Options
    And don't forget David Bunce (AKA two_sheds) is selling off some of his hard earned gold reserves and joining the consortium!
  • Options
    A few questions on the latest Zabeel rumour.

How much was the deal worth last time before they pulled the plug ? More than the 20 million quoted above ?
    Is the weakness of sterling working in favour of a foreign buyer more now than last time ?
    Is the club "worth" less now than before following relegation ?
    Have the assets of the club significantly altered since last time ?

Depending on the answers to the above perhaps Zabeel have been enticed back ! They have already done their homework.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]In all seriousness I hear that something will be announced this afternoon in regards to a takeover

[span]Not really[/span]

come on dammit - we need more information or the nutters on here will turn that statement into something completely different :-)

BRE GOTCHA!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

[span]Not really[/span]

BRE GOTCHA!

I hang my head in shame

:-(
  • Options
    Posted by a Stevie Chappel who "has a family friend very high up in the club", that will be his Uncle Derek then.

This 'insider' only signed up on 606 yesterday, changed his name from CAFCInsider to StevieChapple.

"Chapple" would suggest he's related to Phil Chapple, "Chappell" is Derek's surname...

Clearly a wind up, probably made up of all the rumours on here or some of the other sites. First time I've seen the Bill Curbishley and Peter Varney rumours mixed together with the return of Zabeel.
  • Options
    Believe it when I see it
  • Options
    Can anyone explain to me why any Charlton supporter would make up a rumour ? FFS. Must be same mentality that inspires geeks to create a computer virus.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    SHG agree mate.

Mind you was in the que at ASDA yesterday an herd Bill Curbs will mark his place on the board by geting the Who to do a special gig at The Valley. Keith Moon will be coming out of retirement for it , as he was actaully not dead but a Bell Boy at a hotel in Brighton.
  • Options
    On 606 there was a long post a few weeks ago with lots of info about the take over with the poster claiming that is was all true as they had got it from Jean Tindell who has good contacts at the club.

I know Jean and when I asked her about it she was furious as she had never said any of what was put up on there and wanted to sue the person if she could find out it was.

Some people just make stuff up. Other people get confused and pass on half heard rumours which then become fact at the next telling. Who knows why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can anyone explain to me why any Charlton supporter would make up a rumour ? FFS. Must be same mentality that inspires geeks to create a computer virus.

Probably isn't even a Charlton supporter. Some people just enjoy making up rumours for some reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]On 606 there was a long post a few weeks ago with lots of info about the take over with the poster claiming that is was all true as they had got it from Jean Tindell who has good contacts at the club.

I know Jean and when I asked her about it she was furious as she had never said any of what was put up on there and wanted to sue the person if she could find out it was.

Some people just make stuff up. Other people get confused and pass on half heard rumours which then become fact at the next telling. Who knows why?

She probably could, Scally (Gillingham charirman) threatened to sue a 606 user over comments they made. He then offered him out to come down to the club and meet him face to face, which the user declined !!!

The 606 rumour is a load of rubbish, but there is one poster on there who gets lots of good info.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]

[strike]i thought[/strike]ZABEEL[strike]insisted on the wide spread press coverage last time. we weren't up for it, but[/strike]AGREED.
    [strike]maybe[/strike]SOMETHING'S HAPPENING,[strike]maybe it's not but i think these rumours are probably rubbish. people reading far too much into things[/strike].
    I am not reading into things and can see past your hidden notes ;o)

lol i enjoyed that dazzler!
  • Options
    just a thought, i never bought the whole pulling out of the deal because of the economic climate garbage, could it be that they realised we were completely useless as a football team and would wait for us to get relegated and get us on the cheap and they could see the economic down climb ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Takeover does not happen I think we should Sue West Ham !
  • Options
    This Zabeel thing re them possibly being more interested because the price is now a few million cheaper thing....my take is this.
    We are talking about the price of a half decent Premiership striker here as being the difference......Zabeel are supposedly worth mega zillions....a few mil here or there really wouldn't make that much difference IMHO...if and I say IF they are back in the frame, I don't think it's neccesarily because the club is now on offer at a few mil less than a few months back....OK, that would be a slight bonus but not a huge factor I think.
  • Options
    No, I dont think so.....Dubai is/was in a bit of a financial pickle due to trying to build a touristy country from scratch with there decline in oil reserves...read somewhere that Abu Dhabi had to bail them out.
  • Options
    Most of this is based on assumptions. Here are what I see as key and relevant points.

1. Parky has mentioned investment twice in press conferences, that is pretty much from the clubs(horses) mouth
    2. Slp storys - someone there has wind of something
    3. Why would good people lose their jobs if this was on the horizon. Wouldn't a compny normally await the investment before making these decicions?

That's all I can think of
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]If the Takeover does not happen I think we should Sue West Ham !

Are they trying to sabotage or hijack the deal?
  • Options
    There does appear to be a lot of smoke...but not much sign of fire.

I thought the reason why Zabeel withdrew was nothing to do with the club or anything that they found in the books but orders from a senior family member not to buy another football club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]There does appear to be a lot of smoke...but not much sign of fire.

I thought the reason why Zabeel withdrew was nothing to do with the club or anything that they found in the books but orders from a senior family member not to buy another football club.

The poster formally known as MCFC seemed to be quite in the know about this whole subject and seeing as he hasn't been active on here since Feb 09, I doubt if there are any legs in this story about Zabeel coming back in for us. Otherwise he would have been back giving us the heads up, wouldn't he? IF there is middle east interest, I suspect it would be from another group.
  • Options
    maybe he has been kicked? MCFC Where are you?
  • Options
    Wasn't he just a Man City fan, didn't have any contacts, just knew quite a lot about their takeover and the people behind it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Wasn't he just a Man City fan, didn't have any contacts, just knew quite a lot about their takeover and the people behind it?

Thats my take on it too.