Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney on R5 now. . . .

Talking about fielding weakened sides in the Premier League. . . Zzzzzz

Keeping the old profile up in the media. . . *taps nose*

Comments

• Options
    Did he say that when he takes over and we are promoted with 5 games left we will still play our strongest team?
  • Options
    No, he said he cannot wait for the big Ipswich friendly.
  • Options
    What did he mean when he said, "when next week's announcment is made, we will see another manager who has a track record of clear team selections"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]What did he mean when he said, "when next week's announcment is made, we will see another manager who has a track record of clear team selections"?

Clearly Benitez will be taking over from Parky
  • Options
    Return of the prodigal son. With new investment, Pardew can invest in the squad he needs to finish his work. Tevez can be our £50 million bench-warmer.
  • Options
    Did he announce how much he's buying us for?
  • Options
    errrrm, have we missed something
    Peter Varney was on R5 live and has said that there will be an announcement next week concerning Charlton and 'another manager' ? Or am I reading this thread completely wrongly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]errrrm, have we missed something
    Peter Varney was on R5 live and has said that there will be an announcement next week concerning Charlton and 'another manager' ? Or am I reading this thread completely wrongly?

I know, I'm also seriously confused
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Peter Varney was on R5 live and has said that there will be an announcement next week concerning Charlton and 'another manager'
    Fantastic! What else did he say?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Chizz...WTF you on about pal!!!!!

Wind up alert....Varney doesn't work for Charlton any longer(least ways in an 'offcial' capacity') and is in NO position to make any announcement of that nature!

T
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and what length contract is he expecting Darren Bent to sign?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Chizz...WTF you on about pal!!!!!

Wind up alert....Varney doesn't work for Charlton any longer(least ways in an 'offcial' capacity') and is in NO position to make any announcement of that nature!

T

I can see your coded message. Nice one! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Chizz...WTF you on about pal!!!!!

Wind up alert....Varneydoesn'twork for Charltonany longer(least waysin an 'offcial' capacity') andisin NO positionto makeanyannouncementof that nature!

T

I can see your coded message. Nice one! ;-)

My pleasure Chizz...ya nut nut....LOL!!!!
  • Options
    Having listened, i ended up more confused than i started. Virtually nothing Varney said made any sense, pointless gibberish from a man who appeared to be high as a kite. Particularly when he kept uttering the phrase 'eel sub rac'. I took it to mean 'he'll sub racon', but on playing the whole interview backwards it was clear that he was very cleverly hinting 'car bus lee'.

Not only is Varney returning, he's bringing Curbishley with him. Viva la Varney !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Virtually nothing Varney said made any sense, pointless gibberish from a man who appeared to be high as a kite.

So a normal day for PV then.
  • Options
    what time was he on, have i player on?
  • Options
    'eel sub rac' = curbaslee?
  • Options
    Won't be on Iplayer mate, the Charlton Board in the last half hour have successfully taken an injunction out allowing what Varney said not to be repeated.

News Shopper is furious as he had just submitted his article.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Who are Van Creak and the Other Lot?

At first i couldn't work out who he was talking about when he made reference to van Creak and the other lot. I assumed the "other lot" referred to our orange friend's team from Croydon. But who is van Creak?

Then, I remembered Van Creak is a place in Clearwater Mountains, Idaho and includes a range called Selway Craggs. Clearly this is a reference to former Charlton manager Ken Craggs. So, could he be making a comeback? Or, more likley, as Ken Craggs was the manager who signed former European Player of the Year Allan Simonsen, is this a reference to the first big signing the new manager will make?

Or can there be another reason for PV using the phrase "Van Creak, Other Lot"? I wonder if there's some hidden meaning.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Won't be on Iplayer mate, the Charlton Board in the last half hour have successfully taken an injunction out allowing what Varney said not to be repeated.

News Shopper is furious as he had just submitted his article.[/quote]

Haha very good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Confused as a nun in a brothel..............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Confused as a nun in a brothel..............

• Options
    typical Charlton lying to the fans as always,
  • Options
    There were birds making a racket in the background as he spoke.

Do we need to know more?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]There were birds making a racket in the background as he spoke.

Do we need to know more?

that'll be the nuns?
  • Options
    "Van Creak, Other Lot"

Any ideas, anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]"Van Creak, Other Lot"

Any ideas, anyone?

The Van is creaking. Obviously a reference to NLA's van that was carrying the money for the takeover before it was robbed.

Other Lot seems to suggest an auction. Perhaps the sale of the Club's art collection which is surprisingly valuable and is taking place in New York this weekend. With the boom in the Russian economy all those 18th Russian icons and Fabergé Eggs that decorate the Offices at the Valley are up for sale.

Selling the family silver/Asset stripping call it what you like but needs must.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Faberge eggs ... Fabregas! That's it - our next signing.

And there was I thinking that Van Creak, Other Lot was some kind of anagram or something!
  • Options
    Never mind Van Creak...more like Sh1t Creak !
  • Options
    Thanks for the dose of reality, Shooters ....... Faberge eggs and eel sub racon ....! lol