Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney on R5 now. . . .

2»

Comments

• Options
    Van Creek and Thee Other Lot. I think I have one of their CDs. Very influential in Texas in the mid 60's.
  • Options
    Peter Varney on R5 now. . . .

He's been on there for ages!
  • Options
    No Carl Takeover

Leaburn has pulled out -We're doomed!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Just worked it out Chizz, very good.

If anyone else wants a clearer sign, check out Varney's extensive interview in the latest FHM magazine released today.

Q. What sounds do you like Pete ?

A. Old Skool rap mainly. Coolio is a legend in my eyes. I never get the words fully right, but i always sing to the opening lines of Gangsters Paradise 'As i walk through the Valley of a shadow of death, i take a look at my work and realise there's much left'. I can't say too much, but those two lines are very apt with where i am in my life at the moment.

Q. So the rumours of you returning to Charlton are true ?

A. I really have said as much as i can at the moment. Ask me some more gangsta rap stuff bitch.
  • Options
    [

The Van is creaking. Obviously a reference to NLA's van that was carrying the money for the takeover before it was robbed.

Other Lot seems to suggest an auction. Perhaps the sale of the Club's art collection which is surprisingly valuable and is taking place in New York this weekend. With the boom in the Russian economy all those 18th Russian icons and Fabergé Eggs that decorate the Offices at the Valley are up for sale.

Selling the family silver/Asset stripping call it what you like but needs must.
    Nooooo!!! My dad said he told them where to stuff their half a dozen eggs offered to him as part of the redundancy package !!!
  • Options
    Listening to Reg this morning he made a reference to Ebbsfleet being fined £5k for fielding a weakened team in a cup competition. I've not read/heard anything about that, anyone know any details?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Listening to Reg this morning he made a reference to Ebbsfleet being fined £5k for fielding a weakened team in a cup competition. I've not read/heard anything about that, anyone know any details?

Yes - apparently there was this cup competition and the first team were stuck on a broken down team bus. The only option open to them was to use their team Van (which is really old and creaks) to ship their reserve team (referred to internally as the "Other Lot" to the match.
    As this was an understrength team they were fined £5k

Honest truth guv.....