Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone off to Wembley this Weekend...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Funny bone maybe. I'm not the one sitting here pulling my spleen out over Millwall.
  • Options
    Was on the train yesterday listening to some young geezer talking to a girly. Telling her his mate had got all his gang tickets for 'Wall at Wemberlee'. He admitted he didn't even like football but it was his mates & there might be a 'proper tear up'. I did have a chuckle. I mean, as Groucho is trying to tell us, the Wall fans are all 'armless, cheeky Ol' Kent Roaders just out for a tin ;-) GH, take a deep breath & count to 10, its not worth it x
  • Options
    Too late - he's popped.

Millwall fans? Harmless? No chance. We're a right bunch of c*nts, as is well known. 45,000? Thewre aren;t enough police horses to go around. Hardly seems worth me time! That said, you post does seem like one of those "a mates, brothers, sisters, second-cousin-twice-removed got beat up by 60 Millwall down the OKR"....

U-S-A....U-S-A.....U-S-A!!....
  • Options
    Funny Groucho, have a chat with Sooz. Weather nice there?
  • Options
    All together now " no one like us,no one like us we dont care" --------------seems they do.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm not the one on another clubs website? Still Groucho, you go on believing everyones making it up. No skin off mine.
  • Options
    Suzi........you just don't get it do you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Too late - he's popped.

Millwall fans? Harmless? No chance. We're a right bunch of c*nts, as is well known. 45,000? Thewre aren;t enough police horses to go around. Hardly seems worth me time! That said, you post does seem like one of those "a mates, brothers, sisters, second-cousin-twice-removed got beat up by 60 Millwall down the OKR"....

U-S-A....U-S-A.....U-S-A!!....

Too be fair Groucho although one of my friends is a Spanner (and I have 100% confidence he would not get involved any of that sort of thing) I also got another one who WAS laid out by a bunch of your lot when you played Bournemouth last time and had the bruises to prove it. His crime? Stopping to pick up an old boy that had got knocked over when your lot ran past him trying to have a go at the Bournemouth Massive (that'll be half a dozen spotty teenagers...). This bloke is an effing Scout leading, gardening loving, scarfer in his 40's at the game on his own. Yeah every club has their idiots but please don't come on here, of all places, and try and convince us the 'Wall are just like everyone else. Some of us, as Goonerhater points out, are old enough to remember the bad old days when this was commonplace and plenty of your lot are only too happy to see us back there.
  • Options
    The SLP knows who it is backing... (the young lady in the out-of-date kit is "Hottest Millwall Fan")
  • Options
    No doubt there were 'bad old days' and Millwall have a worst rep than most for well-established reasons. But when we last played in the '90's I didn't find it particulaly intimidating. In fact for one game, (0-0, Newton got controversially flattened by van den Hauwe I think it was) the South stand was mixed, Charlton and Millwall, and there was no trouble there, although there was a bit in the North. I sometimes think segregation is as much a cause as it is a solution.

If Charlton didn't exist I would've been Millwall, and vice versa for a lot of them. I reckon it would be the same for many on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have not played S***wall in a league/cup game since 1996, and for that reason a generation of Charlton fans do not understand who the proper rivals are.

If we do play them next season, i just hope that anyone who thinks s***wall are all ok, does not get a smack from one of them.
  • Options
    To be honest i have gone Charlton v Millwall games since the late 70's.
    My first was at the den late 70's was about 13 and had to walk the gauntlet before and after the game.
    The night game at the valley Millwall took the whole area over and were dishing slaps out all over the place.
    Each one i have been to i have seen trouble!the one that made me laugh was when they were throwing snowballs with stones and rocks when we came out in the night game at the new den.Me and the hat were in the horse and groom having a beer the last time we played them in the league and were paid a visit by 30-40 of them looking for blood.
  • Options
    Millwall fans love fluffy kittens.

But then, who doesn't?
  • Options
    I went in the end today. Brother is a Gill, his mate had to pull out literally last night due to a family prob. Said i'd go with him. A 1st time new Wembley trip. Worst footballing day in my life.

Having to get the tube to Wembley with singing pikies. I must of been the only one sitting down out of 30k people when they were singing 'stand up for the gillingham' , when the goal went in was so hard. I just stood up and gave a pathetic clap whilst everyone around me was falling over hugging eachother going nuts.

Never doing anything like that again, no matter how desperate my bro is. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I went in the end today. Brother is a Gill, his mate had to pull out literally last night due to a family prob. Said i'd go with him. A 1st time new Wembley trip. Worst footballing day in my life.

Oh dear! Oh well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger (and all that). They took 30k? Sheeesh, that bandwagon's going to need some repairs by the time it pulls up in Bermondsey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

thats the kind of statements you keep coming out with goonerhater - can't you see that is ridiculous? I can't help it if I haven't got a hatred in me the same as you have for a team that i've only seen us play once in a friendly. I know there can be idiot millwall fans, same as idiot charlton fans, idiot welling fans, there are just some idiots around. as WSS says, you and others who have seen those games have a different perspective to others. some people don't believe anything ever happens at charlton until you tell them about maze hill or other such incidents. there isn't just one opinion on everything, no one is right, no one is wrong.

The difference being is that they have more idiots by percentage or actual numbers than any other club in the land.

Would never deny that we have a trouble element but within the grand scheme of things this is a small element. The ones down at their place who do not get involved in the trouble do revel in the whole thing, e.g. the image of no one like us.

Even if there is no trouble at either game next season this will be due to a police presence that will be far greater than anything we have seen in recent times not because of anything that may have changed in Deptford/New Cross. Whenever there is a Millwall game of any significance in terms of the opposition (i.e. potential for trouble or for Millwall to claim rivalry) there will be trouble.

If the problems down at the Den have changed so much why were tickets for the home leg against Leeds restricted in such a way only 13,000 saw it and for the away leg the Millwall fans had to collect their tickets from a service station. When was the last time this happened with us?

As Shirty as pointed out on this thread the fact we have not played that lot in a long time means some of our support have no idea what it will be like playing that lot next season. That lot will always be trouble and will always cause problems whenever/wherever they play.
  • Options
    My family come from Deptford/Lewisham area. None of them are Spanners - all are Addicks except one branch who turned to Chelsea but we don't talk to them...:o). I wouldn't have gone if the tickets were free!
  • Options
    I agree with JohnnyH2.
  • Options
    I think the reason Millwall's support has increased recently is due to the overcrowding in prison's and the governments early release scheme :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 24 Red[/cite]No doubt there were 'bad old days' and Millwall have a worst rep than most for well-established reasons. But when we last played in the '90's I didn't find it particulaly intimidating. In fact for one game, (0-0, Newton got controversially flattened by van den Hauwe I think it was) the South stand was mixed, Charlton and Millwall, and there was no trouble there, although there was a bit in the North. I sometimes think segregation is as much a cause as it is a solution.

If Charlton didn't exist I would've been Millwall, and vice versa for a lot of them. I reckon it would be the same for many on here.

That'll be the game when Van Den Hauwe elbowed Newton in the first few minutes and a Millwall fan in the West Stand threw a hot drink over either Richard Murray or Roger Alwen. But I suppose you're right, very tame by their standards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oooh i see this has moved on somewhat. If you read any of my posts, I haven't once claimed that ALL millwall fans are imbeciles, just some, same as some charlton fans are etc etc.

my point was, that I know of millwall fans that aren't imbeciles - a couple of friends, my mums brother, a local mp that does a lot of work with charlton, it may be that the 5 or so millwall fans that i know are the only nice ones around - but all i was trying to do was to make you admit that not ALL of them are scum. which you can't do and then you've worked yourselves up talking about it.

I think putting the fear of god into some fans is wrong - yes they should be careful, yes they should probably take extra precautions cos idiots from both sides will be out - but no one should be scared to go to their own home game and the talk of knocking on doors and bullying is a completely different perspective of your own and others that you know, that people on here wouldn't come into contact with or need to know anything about.
  • Options
    Palace aint our rivals Millwall are words can't describe how much I hate them and everything they stand for. All the knobs who cling on to their reputation.I hate them and hate playing them but couldn't stand the thought of them going up yesterday.I was 26 last time we played them so our youngsters have absolutely no idea what it's going to be like.
  • Options
    Nearly 15 years since we've played them in a proper match, and the proper rivalry is going to start again next season, can't wait
  • Options
    Palace aint our rivals Millwall are words can't describe how much I hate them and everything they stand for. All the knobs who cling on to their reputation.I hate them and hate playing them but couldn't stand the thought of them going up yesterday.I was 26 last time we played them so our youngsters have absolutely no idea what it's going to be like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not have put it better myself Steve. Spot on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Nearly 15 years since we've played them in a proper match, and the proper rivalry is going to start again next season, can't wait

march 96 i do believe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 24 Red[/cite]No doubt there were 'bad old days' and Millwall have a worst rep than most for well-established reasons. But when we last played in the '90's I didn't find it particulaly intimidating. In fact for one game, (0-0, Newton got controversially flattened by van den Hauwe I think it was) the South stand was mixed, Charlton and Millwall, and there was no trouble there, although there was a bit in the North. I sometimes think segregation is as much a cause as it is a solution.

That'll be the game when Van Den Hauwe elbowed Newton in the first few minutes and a Millwall fan in the West Stand threw a hot drink over either Richard Murray or Roger Alwen. But I suppose you're right, very tame by their standards.

The bloke who did it took a swing at Roger Alwen. The only reason he got nicked for it was a few weeks later Roger Alwen was watching Crimewatch and the guy came up on there for a non football related offence.

The next time we had to play them at The Valley the game had to be played on a Sunday with a midday kick off as a result of all the trouble at this game.