Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gills game

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just be grateful you lot don't have to live with the part-time plastic gypo wankers. Last night down the high street was interesting, after 4/5 hours of biting my tongue I could not take the gloating pricks any longer and now am banned from the city wall apparently.

I feel sorry for you guys in SE if scumwalll win today, the last 24 hours have been terrible for me here.
  • Options
    The cheek of it - local people celebrating their local football club winning promotion at a Wembley final in their own town. How disgraceful.
  • Options
    Not the point mush

What aggravated me was knowing the lot doing the celebrating and knowing they were not Gillingham fans.

And see how many of your lot up at Wembley Saturday will be wearing a United shirt in the pub for the champions league game.
  • Options
    Is Gillingham in Yorkshire?
  • Options
    I personally think everyone needs a reality check:

1. We deserved to go down, simply wasnt good enough over the season.

2. Gillingham have re-grouped in league two got together a small tight knit squad Stimson has made them a force who are able to play a good game and they deserve to go up.

3. We will meet in League One but no game of football is going to be easy Gillingam are a step ahead as they have the manager, their coaching staff their future plans to build on the club and the squad is mostly already there to be honest they are in better shape then we are.

4. Will everyone stop boosting how we are going to walk this league we dont know what's happening behind the scenes at the moment we need to sort out the set up fresh and work on a new-look squad then maybe we can judge on paper how well we will do, personally i think we are in better shape of the 3 clubs going down from the championship but still think we wont get easy wins teams will come to The Valley as underdogs and put up a hell of a fight and us away from home could stuggle.

5. Gillingham have no fiece rivals Maidstone back in their football league days yes, they only have a hated for us because they are a smaller club to us and we do rub it in on them I'm looking forward to the games at Priestfield and The Valley as it will be should be a good atmospere and passion to these games because the little rivalary is growing.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "Kent is too big for you" would seem a suitable chant.

I can see us running coaches from all over the county to the match at Priestfield. I can't see them doing the same (to either game).
  • Options
    That's the spirit - bus those loyal rent-a-fan's in : )

Being serious - it will be interesting to see if you continue the vallwey express for games against Yeovil, Exeter and Hartlepool. Perosnally, I think you may have to drop that side of the business because it may make sense with full coaches but it doesn't with half empty ones.

We can get decent crowds for good games with people bothering to travel from the coastal towns etc but they don't turn up for Morecombe & Macclesfield! I think alot of peopel will be looking at your crowds with interest to see if the big marketing thing works in Div 1.
  • Options
    We've already dropped a few routes but due to the demand in areas such as Medway still being high - Valley Express will still be running in the 09/10 season over a number of routes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]That's the spirit - bus those loyal rent-a-fan's in : )

Being serious - it will be interesting to see if you continue the vallwey express for games against Yeovil, Exeter and Hartlepool. Perosnally, I think you may have to drop that side of the business because it may make sense with full coaches but it doesn't with half empty ones.

We can get decent crowds for good games with people bothering to travel from the coastal towns etc but they don't turn up for Morecombe & Macclesfield! I think alot of peopel will be looking at your crowds with interest to see if the big marketing thing works in Div 1.

Our crowds will inevitably fall, but they will still be five figures and I don't think there will be much change to the coach service because most people who use it are committel, long-term Charlton fans.

Our coaches were 86 per cent full over last season, despite the football. The only routes we have dropped since relegation from the PL have been a) from Andover and Basingstoke in Hampshire in 2008 and b) the A22 from Eastbourne in 2009.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite] I think alot of peopel will be looking at your crowds with interest to see if the big marketing thing works in Div 1.

So on the one hand we are fan stealing scum, but on the other hand its worth looking into.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't call you fan stealing scum? I have to say that I'm surprised at some of the agressive reactions on here and how touchy so many of you guys are on the subject of the club's marketing/buses. I haven't made any insults against Charlton or its fans on here - barely even given any banter back - but a lot of people do seem quick to pile in - usually without reading what I've said. I can understand after a couple of relegations/tough years the mood isn't the greatest amongst Charlton fans but you really seem an angry lot!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]I didn't call you fan stealing scum? I have to say that I'm surprised at some of the agressive reactions on here and how touchy so many of you guys are on the subject of the club's marketing/buses. I haven't made any insults against Charlton or its fans on here - barely even given any banter back - but a lot of people do seem quick to pile in - usually without reading what I've said. I can understand after a couple of relegations/tough years the mood isn't the greatest amongst Charlton fans but you really seem an angry lot!!

Hey it's not easy being a team who used to play you pre-season just for you lot to get some funds and now were playing you in the league, but 6 points done next season and the emotions should have calmed
  • Options
    Could be worse.
    Our traditional first pre season game at Welling (to give them a pay day) isn't yet happening on a competitive level!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]I didn't call you fan stealing scum? I have to say that I'm surprised at some of the agressive reactions on here and how touchy so many of you guys are on the subject of the club's marketing/buses. I haven't made any insults against Charlton or its fans on here - barely even given any banter back - but a lot of people do seem quick to pile in - usually without reading what I've said. I can understand after a couple of relegations/tough years the mood isn't the greatest amongst Charlton fans but you really seem an angry lot!!
    To claim we were handing our flyers to try and steal fans is quite a serious accusation. Especially as you can't prove it.
  • Options
    I can't prove it to you because I didn't think 'that's a nice leaflet - can I take a couple of those to keep. I screwed up the one I was given as soon as I saw it was an advert for going to watch CAFC and I threw it back at the feet of the person handing them out.

See you later.

PS I bet you enjoy a day out at our open, temporary stand than you do your day out that nice shiny New Den!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]I screwed up the one I was given as soon as I saw it was an advert for going to watch CAFC and I threw it back at the feet of the person handing them out.
    There are laws against that sort of thing, you know.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]I can't prove it to you because I didn't think 'that's a nice leaflet - can I take a couple of those to keep. I screwed up the one I was given as soon as I saw it was an advert for going to watch CAFC and I threw it back at the feet of the person handing them out.

See you later.

PS I bet you enjoy a day out at our open, temporary stand than you do your day out that nice shiny New Den!

You screwed it up and threw it back at the feet of the person handing them out...Oh you absolute brute!!!!
  • Options
    If you screwed the alleged leaflet up, how do you know what it was about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentisblueandwhite[/cite]I can't prove it to you because I didn't think 'that's a nice leaflet - can I take a couple of those to keep. I screwed up the one I was given as soon as I saw it was an advert for going to watch CAFC and I threw it back at the feet of the person handing them out.

See you later.

Hello mate.
    wandering if you could give the address of a decent Gills website, and I'll take my chances on there and ask if anyone has 1 of these leaflets, or remembers anything about them.
    Thank You.
    MOG.
  • Options
    The leaflet was from Medway CASC telling CHARLTON NOT GILLINGHAM supporters about forthcoming events and encouraging them to join the Branch.

So KIBAW, look before you leap next time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway kentisn'tblueandwhite what were you doing at the away end of the ground eh? I reckon you're a secret Charlton supporter so if you'd like to leave your details I'm sure I've got one of those forms knocking around somewhere. Go on you know you want to ;-)
  • Options
    Sam- do you still have any of the leaflets that were handed out to CHARLTON supporters?
    I fear that the 'Great Leaflet Scandal' has become a bit of a Gilligham legend.
    The financial support and general good will by many, many people will be overlooked in the next few years and we will only be remembered as people who tried to poach a down on their luck team's support.

Like the Beatles in the Cavern, thousands will say that they were there and saw the leaflets when they were in fact shopping at Ikea on the day.
    A half truth rumour has become 'fact' over the years and now we are resented for it.