Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best Curry in South East London?

Comments

• Options
    Raj Moni is a two minute walk for me Spankie. Absolute quality food there, very lucky to have it so close.

The Bengal Lancer and The Royal in Chislehurst are also very nice.
  • Options
    Little India in Petts Wood.
  • Options
    The Everest Inn in Blackheath village is very good (http://www.everestinn.co.uk/) has different Nepalese dishes as well as the regular Indian menu. The tandoori scallops - delicious. For a delivery, the Charlton Takeaway in Wellington Gardens is hard to beat.
  • Options
    Anyone tried the new place in the old police station on Chislehurst high street?
  • Options
    The Babur in Brockley does have a reputation as one of the best curry houses in London, let alone SE London.

I can't agree about the Charlton Takeway, unless you like your curry in a sea of ghee. The Viceroy is much better.

I rate The Mango Tree in Redcross Way, London Bridge highly though.
  • Options
    Royal Nepalese at Westcombe Park (which we still call Cafe East) or Taste of Raj in Blackheath are both great
  • Options
    If you ever find yourself in Leicester - Indigo in Belgrave is the best food I have eaten anywhere, ever.

Just thinking about it makes me hungry - shame it's 150 miles away!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i always enjoy khan's in blackheath village and then also the spice of life on lee high road. both get the tk seal of approval.

Yep...That's a good 'un
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I like "Le Spice" in New Eltham (opposite The Beehive) - tasty & fresh :o)

Yep...That's a good 'un
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Star of India, SE9. Been there since the very early 70's. Just brilliant. Picked up a Take-Away their last night about 8.30pm and the place was chocha!
    It has come on gone over the years but at the moment it is the best.

Used to eat there until I learnt about the rats...But that was about 20 years ago
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]my favourite is The Royal in chislehurst

Yep...That's a good 'un

My personal favourite at the moment...Raj of India in Swanley. Never had a bad meal in there.
  • Options
    The Oval Brasserie in Sidcup

http://www.theovalbrasserie.co.uk/

Been around for years, went there last sunday. Very cheap and the food was very very good, better than the Jalsha. The ladies even got a rose each and we got a free lift home from their driver!

Worth a look.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]Raj Moni is a two minute walk for me Spankie. Absolute quality food there, very lucky to have it so close.

The Bengal Lancer and The Royal in Chislehurst are also very nice.[/quote]

Lucky for you Red Murph! The British Raj in Crayford does a lovely triple Korai, chicken, lamb and prawn in one dish...yummy!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you ever find yourself in India I've heard ....................
  • Options
    The Royal in Chislehurst yes, the Babur in Brockley oh yes, but my all time favourite is The Himalaya in Catford.
  • Options
    Not in SE London but if you're ever in Docklands try this

www.memsaheb.com

You'll be hard pressed to beat the food.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]Raj Moni is a two minute walk for me Spankie. Absolute quality food there, very lucky to have it so close.

The Bengal Lancer and The Royal in Chislehurst are also very nice.

Lucky for you Red Murph! The British Raj in Crayford does a lovely triple Korai, chicken, lamb and prawn in one dish...yummy!!!

Yes the Raj Moni is very good...5 minute walk from me. Particularly like their 'Railway Lamb' speciality dish.
  • Options
    The Taj Mahal in Abbey Wood is pretty good
  • Options
    The Ruchi at Albany Park is my fav.
  • Options
    Raj Moni, The Darjeeling and the Tamasha are all very good but my favourite has to be the Kamana in Grove Park. It hasn't been open overly long but the food is fantastic.
  • Options
    Me too.

(You local,ie SE26/23 ?).
    Yep, SE23, just off Brockley Rise.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Not in SE London but if you're ever in Docklands try this

www.memsaheb.com

You'll be hard pressed to beat the food.[/quote]

Been there. It was exceptionally good, I thought.
  • Options
    Not SE London, but me & my other half swear by Green Spice in Darenth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i like the Green Spice in Darenth as well
  • Options
    I like the Tamasha but not a cheap night out.

Also like the Popadom in Tylney Rd. I'm no expert on Indian food but other people rave about it.

Went to the Bengal Lancer last week and it was good and not too expensive.

Red Fort in Soho still the best I've ever been to but that was a long time ago now.
  • Options
    Just had a lovely takeaway from the Darjeeling in Sidcup.
  • Options
    Nowhere near se London but had a lovely one near the mother in laws in Potters Bar at lunchtime. Place called the bengal paradise, very good.
  • Options
    I can highly recommend the Amber Fort in Upper Elmers End Road Beckenham if anyone is out that way - haven't found anyone yet who doesn't like it.
  • Options
    Ordered an Indian last night from the Primrose Elephant. Absolutely first class, hasn't complained once and I've had him doing a lot of weird shit today!
  • Options
    The Yak and Yeti in SE19. Great fresh spice curries.
  • Options
    The Coriander is fantastic as a local takeaway. Can be a bit slow because their kitchen is too small for them on a Friday night but if you're with people you like it doesn't matter.

Agree about the Babur though, it is a cut above. We only go to two and they are Babur and coriander.
  • Options

I can highly recommend the Amber Fort in Upper Elmers End Road Beckenham if anyone is out that way - haven't found anyone yet who doesn't like it.

It is good in there but Spice Society just down the road and Shampan in Bromley are better I think.
  • Options

Star of India, SE9. Been there since the very early 70's. Just brilliant. Picked up a Take-Away their last night about 8.30pm and the place was chocha!
    It has come on gone over the years but at the moment it is the best.

If I can find a chauffeur a pint or two in your place when it eventually opens followed by a visit for old times sake (almost lived there in the seventies and early eighties) could be a decent night out...