Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The best Curry in South East London?

Comments

• I know this is about comparing Restaurant curries, and they can be excellent eating, but rarely do they resemble the genuine articles. Personally, I am bored with the sameness. Apart from the premium restaurants, too often all that changes is how much chilli and what meat is added and one dish tastes too much like another. You would have to change restaurants to get anything remotely different in flavour.

• Where is the best curry house in Crayford?
  • red_murph said:

Chennai Dosa, London Rd, Croydon is great for something different and cheap. Mainly frequented by people of Indian origin and queues out of the door at times during the w/e. Cutlery can be sparse so make sure your hands are clean.

That's an interesting call Athletico, will have to give it a go as not far away from where I live in Wallington.

Whilst I'd never claim it as being the best curry house ever, certainly one of the best take away/deliveries I've had is from Blue Bengal in Carshalton. Never lets us down.
    My boy goes to school in Wallington. Might have to give it a try too.

Up the road in unlovely Norbury, a place called Old Goa is no.13 on the Tripadvisor list of all restaurants in London. Anyone tried that?

• edited November 2014
    Jints said:

red_murph said:

Chennai Dosa, London Rd, Croydon is great for something different and cheap. Mainly frequented by people of Indian origin and queues out of the door at times during the w/e. Cutlery can be sparse so make sure your hands are clean.

That's an interesting call Athletico, will have to give it a go as not far away from where I live in Wallington.

Whilst I'd never claim it as being the best curry house ever, certainly one of the best take away/deliveries I've had is from Blue Bengal in Carshalton. Never lets us down.

Up the road in unlovely Norbury, a place called Old Goa is no.13 on the Tripadvisor list of all restaurants in London. Anyone tried that?

I've tried a few old goa's in the past. Plastic Red is shut now though.
  • robroy said:

Where is the best curry house in Crayford?

British raj on crayford hill is very good
  • robroy said:

Great stuff. Will give them a try tonight
  • robroy said:

robroy said:

Never had take away in there but both times ive eaten in there its been very nice.

• Yeah the grub is alright in there , they get in a right mess though if there's a tribute night on
  • robroy said:

robroy said:

Enjoy! Tempted to get one myself now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Lazania Deptford Broadway just past the bridge if you're coming from Blackheath.

Small place, looks a bit crap, never seems to be anyone in there, butgood service and the food is amazing. Big portions too for Fat Bas.... those with a bigger appetite!
  • EastStand said:

http://www.ganapatirestaurant.com/index.html

This place is Peckham is great. Been twice since discovering it in the summer.

Just got dinner from this place on @EastStand‌ 'a reccomendation.

Really good, not cheap though.
  • robroy said:

Went here last week. It was absolutely dead in there, however food and service was great. The head waiter in there is pure entertainment at its best. Will deff go back

Well worth a look. Popped into Jimmy Bullards pub after One Bell, his mum is a bit of a character.
  • Raj of Asia in New Eltham. top curry house and believe me I've tried a few in my time !
  • Any one that's not Halal will do for me!
  • Why don't you like Halal?
  • D_F_T said:

Any one that's not Halal will do for me!

racist
  • robroy said:

Spice Fusion.... Have a take away from here every Saturday. Food is the best!!!

Animals killed for a belief for which there is no evidence for, etc.

But let's not go into that. We've already had a thread on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Halal debate has been done to death on here. This is a thread about recommending curry houses, stick to thread please
  • Inaga in Coney Hall is the absolute nuts.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Inaga in Coney Hall is the absolute nuts.

Alrighty then! My son recently moved there and I was thinking of taking him out for a meal - venue sorted!

Assuming they are not takeaway only?
  • Saga Lout said:

CAFCsayer said:

Inaga in Coney Hall is the absolute nuts.

Alrighty then! My son recently moved there and I was thinking of taking him out for a meal - venue sorted!

Assuming they are not takeaway only?
    Nope, eat in... Quite nice in there aswell. My old man loves a curry and insists it's the best he's had.

Animals killed for a belief for which there is no evidence for, etc.

But let's not go into that. We've already had a thread on it.
    I was just curious that's all, wasn't aware there was a thread on it either.
  • banckzy said:

D_F_T said:

Any one that's not Halal will do for me!

racist
    I do hope you are joking.

• How was it??

I'm actually going back tonight, second week in a row lol. Made a change from the pubs in Bexley Village and the curry houses there are rubbish
  • The Udipur near Chislehurst station is a family favourite. Good, honest staff who welcome us with open arms.

• Not sure if it's in South East London, but anyone try this?

• Not sure if it's in South East London, but anyone try this?
    Oh, the mischief of Photoshop.....
    Actually called ANAZ and is located in Colne which is about 5 miles North East of Burnley!