Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle United watch

Comments

• Options
    was just like watching us going down. They capitulated without a fight. Their second half performance was shocking. Their players don't care. Either they are off to another PL team on more dough and perhaps even Newcastle paying them a loyalty bonus as they need them off the wage bill or, if nobody wants them, they will stick around on their 25/40/50 k per week. From Ashby wanting 400m for Newcastle he'll be lucky to get even close to 100m now. Serves 'em right. Thirteen manager's in three years is unreal. Biggest under achieving Club ever.
  • Options
    I avoided the scores all day (up until 8-m my time/3am yours), so after putting the kids to bed watched Scunny beat Millwall - good game & a fantastic result.

I absolutely knew as soon as MOTD started that Newcastke were down from the miserable demeanour of Lawro, Hansen & Lineker.
  • Options
    40% of clubs relegated from the Premier League have yet to get back there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]40% of clubs relegated from the Premier League have yet to get back there.

ouch!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Quite shocked by how bad they are........and even if they kept the same squad together I feel they would struggle next season.

Not just from an ability perspective but from attitude......their status will be more of a burden than an advantage next season and if they are not 100% up for the fight then that bunch of players will get beat on a very regular basis.

My money is on Derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]40% of clubs relegated from the Premier League have yet to get back there.

And plenty drop again. Us, Norwich, Southampton, Leeds, Oldham, Swindon, Bradford spring to mind. And none of them with any remote hope of getting back to the premier league any time soon.
  • Options
    Another Dowie triumph, this man seriously needs to consider whether this football lark is for him.
  • Options
    Went for a walk along the river yesterday (just coincided with the bandwaggoners' return to Bermondsey, but hey-ho) and heard a huge cheer break out from a pub the other side of the Thames when the own-goal went in at Villa Park.

Feel sorry for Toon fans, but it's one in the eye for the MOTD sofa crew.

Wonder what Dowie's thinking right now?
  • Options
    At least Dowie's consitent! Keeps his 100% success rate of getting teams relegated from the Premiership. Arf, arf, arf. ;-)
  • Options
    True, but he will beoan that he didn't have enough time. It was Shearer's idea to get him in, so presumably he has to take the blame.

Something like 9 of their players earn in excess of £50000 a week and not many have relegation clauses. Doh...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    herd they have 15 players on £50,000
  • Options
    even more doh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]herd they have 15 players on £50,000

Article on it in todays paper. 14 players on at least 50k a week. Xisco, Colloccini, Barton, Duff, Butt, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Cacapa, Geremi, Gutierrez, Beye, Smith and Enrique. That is an absolute shocking waste of money. 100k a week for Xisco and Cacapa makes our signings of Faye and Traore look good!!
  • Options
    And Duff has pledged his future as well.

So would I at £50,000 a week! No chance anyone (other than City) would match those wages.

What does he want more? To get his career back on track by performing in the Prem (for 15-20k a week less) or go to Blackpool away and carry on picking up £50k a week?

They could be in an awful lot of trouble - worse than Leeds.
  • Options
    Well atleast Dowie can have input into new signings of the calibre of Faye and Traore for their assault on league one. Mike Ashley no doubt sleeps well with this thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] What does he want more? To get his career back on track by performing in the Prem (for 15-20k a week less) or go to Blackpool away and carry on picking up £50k a week?

The thing is though, his best days are behind him. He's past 30, he won trophies with Chelsea, and even playing in the championship he'll still get in the Ireland squad. So on 50k a week and this being his last big contract, what incentive is there to leave?
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And Duff has pledged his future as well.

So would I at £50,000 a week! No chance anyone (other than City) would match those wages.

What does he want more? To get his career back on track by performing in the Prem (for 15-20k a week less) or go to Blackpool away and carry on picking up £50k a week?

They could be in an awful lot of trouble - worse than Leeds.

Plus, damien duff is shite!!! Awful player, another overrated funny looking painfully one footed plumb.
  • Options
    Do you have something against left wingers?!
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited May 2009
    Well i can see a pattern there eh!!??

Stuart Downing!! Shitter!! Bryan Giggs Shitter Damo Duff shitter!!

Don't think there are anymore left wingers ever anywhere!!
  • Options
    On the radio last night they were discussing Newcastle's plight. I think it was Lawrenson who came out with something priceless along the lines of "Viduka would be excellent in the Championship, and he still has two or three years on his contract. All they need to do is sit him down and offer him a reduced basic plus a hefty appearance fee. I'm sure he'd agree to that."

What do these goons not understand about modern footballers and contracts??!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what a clear out they will be having for starters shame what support they have

Owen
    Martins
    Viduka
    nolan
    taylor
    lovenkrands
    beye
    geremi
    xisco
    coloccini
    enrique
    gutteierez
    smith
    taylor
    bassong
    owen
    barton
    cacapo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup [/cite]And plenty drop again. Us, Norwich, Southampton, Leeds, Oldham, Swindon, Bradford spring to mind. And none of them with any remote hope of getting back to the premier league any time soon.

You are a cheerful soul aren't you!
  • Options
    Mark Lawrenson talking sense? That'll be a first.

I think one of the reasons evrey single fan I know wanted Newcastle to get relegated is because of the disproportionate amount of love they receive from people like Lawrenson. It wasn't just the BBC but the pro-Newcastle bias in the media is sickening. Even now, after relegation from what could be regarded as one of the most piss-poor premiership sesons in the tournaments history all the luvvies a rallying to their defence.
  • Options
    The plastic Newcastle fan at work has not had a fun morning of it today. I think he's beginning to regret rubbing it in when we got relegated. I've told him I'll stop giving him grief when he's actually seen them in the flesh more often than I have.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    And I had more fun emailing him this link from the BBC website.
    Oh, and some bad jokes going round too...
    The Seven Dwarfs were down the mine when there is a cave in. Snow White runs to the entrance and hears a faint voice in the distance which calls "Newcastle are good enough to be a premier league side" She muttered to herself "at least Dopey's alive"
  • Options
    Joke from Gavin and Stacey actor Matthew Horne...

I saw a Newcastle United season ticket nailed to a tree earlier today and I thought "I'm having that!!" cos you can never have enough nails, can you???

LOL
  • Options
    Not so sure the story is yet over, still trying to find a buyer,without messiah Shearer as manager and Leyton Orient put 6 past them, when they can only reply with 1
  • Options
    Oooops....this makes me feel better about us!
  • Options
    Plus their away kit makes em look like custard creams, compared to them we ar perect
  • Options
    Speaking of which..

I read mid-week that their new away kit went on sale, and all of three peple queued up to buy it.