Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle United watch

Comments

• Options
    I heard a while back that none of their squad have contracts with relegation clauses in them.

All those players earning £50k a week...
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha

Bananas in pyjamas are coming down the stairs! ;-)
  • Options
    Not so sure I want to go to Orient away now...
  • Options
    The plastic Newcastle fan was talking about going to Orient to see them play today. I'm going to give him hell on Monday :-)
  • Options
    Got beat 6-1 at Orient today
  • Options
    Made all the sweeterwhen you find out the Newcastle team included: Beye, Smith, Barton, Taylor, Nolan, Duff, Martins, Xisco, Collocini, Gutierez, carroll etc etc!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Got beat 6-1 at Orient today[/quote]

I saw this game (nothing to do so thought about seeing some football)

Orient were good but Newcastle shocking in every department...as bad as their kit.
  • Options
    Was speaking to an old friend of mine that I hadn't seen for ages at the weekend. Turns out his missus is a good friend of the Newcastle chairman. He told me the real reason Shearer hasn't got the managers job is that he is demanding £2m a year for himself and a further £1m a year for Dowie. Ashley won't pay it!
  • Options
    ashley now thinking of keeping club and getting o'leary in as manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]ashley now thinking of keeping club and getting o'leary in as manager

ooohhh that would be interesting...
  • Options
    referee just bottled sending off alan smith for his second yellow card offence in 2 minutes. some things never change.

they look a decent team to me, i'd be surprised if they dont make the playoffs.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]referee just bottled sending off alan smith for his second yellow card offence in 2 minutes. some things never change.

they look a decent team to me, i'd be surprised if they dont make the playoffs.
    Agree with that. Thought every time they went forward against the Baggies last week they looked dangerous. They need to keep hold of Duff and Gutierrez - the latter is a f***ing nightmare for full backs - even if he does need to find a decent ball into the box more often and Duff will run rings round most Championship defenders. They are utter gash at the back though - Coloccini and Enrique are absolutely dreadful
  • Options
    Duff quite injury prone, so hopefully he'll be bumped by a hairy championship player
  • Options
    Been watching SSN and listened to Alan Parry commentating and it is clear Sky are DESPERATE for Newcastle to go up.
  • Options
    Completely agree with Falconwood. Parry was like a pathetic star-struck child and barely mentioned Leicester, let alone their excellent support. Among the gems I learned last night was that fans in the nort-east like their players to give 100%. Obviously we (and Leicester, and anywhere else south of Gateshead) don't much mind if ours just turn up for the money without a care in the world (like Marcus Bent). Lazy, myth-perpetuating nonsense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Completely agree with Falconwood. Parry was like a pathetic star-struck child and barely mentioned Leicester, let alone their excellent support. Among the gems I learned last night was that fans in the nort-east like their players to give 100%. Obviously we (and Leicester, and anywhere else south of Gateshead) don't much mind if ours just turn up for the money without a care in the world (like Marcus Bent). Lazy, myth-perpetuating nonsense.

The same fat dimwitted fans that were desperate to get Allardyce out, which effectively doomed them to their current station. The same fans that largely abandoned the club when they weren't doing so well.

Charlton fans>>>>>>>Newcastle chavs
  • Options
    Soon come crashng down. Five Live reported Shearer & DOWIE were at the match preparing to take the reins again!

Poor barcode b'tds.
  • Options
    Apparently their new stadium name is to be Sports Direct.com@St James' Park

just rolls off the tongue doesnt it!

Newcastlol
  • Options
    o dear what an amusing (Big lol) club they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone else think it was maybe more than a coincidence that shortly after Wise and his mysterious backers pulled out of investing in us, Mike Ashley decided he wanted to stay on at Newcastle after all. Wonder if we were close to having the circus come to our town!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Apparently their new stadium name is to be Sports Direct.com@St James' Park

Newcastlol
    I heard it was to be renamed 'The No Win, No Fee, Stadium'.....
  • Options
    Perhaps the rump of Northern Rock - soon to be renamed the Bad Bank could sponsor them....
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wonder what the chances are of Mike Ashley actually paying for that sponsorship after all of the agro from the fans about naming the ground!

Or perhaps that's why he decided to invest more money in to it?
  • Options
    Apparently their new stadium name is to be Sports Direct.com@St James' Park

Newcastlol
    As named stadiums go it sounds like something Lister on the Old episodes of Vic Reeves big night out would come out with. Novelty island indeed.
  • Options
    fair play to newcastle bouncing back at the first attempt(if only) ... did they spend much money or were they just big payers .... whatever it was i can't believe chris hughton got em up so easily , this management lark must be easy if you've got the players!
  • Options
    What, you mean Newcastle are promoted - and without Alan She-rah?
  • Options
    What odds on Hughton being replaced in the summer?
  • Options
    well we did it pretty easily when we didnt sell the squad and only sold Mills....

this time when we cam down we sold all the big players... and look what happened....
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]well we did it pretty easily when we didnt sell the squad and only sold Mills....

this time when we cam down we sold all the big players... and look what happened....

off the top of my head michael owen, bassong, viduka and martins left newcastle and i'm sure there were others .. so that was all their 'decent' strikers gone