Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets - How is your group looking ?

Three of us have had a ST next to each other since about 1997. Just found out i'm the only one renewing, and quite sad about it. Had some real laughs over the last 12 years, and at times the actual game was secondary.

How's it looking for the group you sit with ? All new renewing, some renewing, new additions etc.

Comments

• the 2 i sit with are not bothering to renew
  • Just spoke to one who has renewed, and I think Clem is doing his this week.
  • Five adults, three kids - all renewing.
  • Six adults one kid - -all renewing.
  • 2 of those around us are not renewing, but then again got another 2 new ones in our group..
  • Same as you AFKA - even the comment about the game being secondary sometimes! Mine's been posted but the others are dithering at the moment. I'm hoping to get a second ticket for my Dad though so I won't be sat on my own at all games!
  • It's strange a month or so i said i was going to purchase again this year but in the last month my workload has bottomed out and as such there could be bad news just around the corner.

there will be lots of people finding it hard to justify the layout!!
  • my chum stopped a few years back, made a new chum, he then stopped a year or so ago, beginning to think its my anti perspirant..
  • Me and my my two boys have but I have heard of plenty that I know that are going to pick and chose their games next season.
    Once you get out of the habbit of going because you have a ST I reckon most people won't "Pick or Chose" many at all.
    The only positive I reckon is that our away support may be better as their are so many games in the SE of England.
  • I have, my Mum and Dad will soon, Golfie and his boy will soon too. My mate and his wife have there one's in an envelope ready to post once Parky goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have, my dad (my real one) has, he's 4 mates have and he's bought a under 11 ticket to keep another good seat in the West Stand. Will upgrade/use when needed.
  • haven't done yet but me and my group will all renew,plus one of my mates has asked if they buy there son a season ticket will I take him.So thats one more.
  • Looks like 4 of us will be renewing and I'll be adding my little boy to that, we have all been back and forth with it though.
  • 2 adults both renewing, but the 2 blokes who sit in front of us are not renewing, they will pick and choose games as they come.
  • Me and 2 others renewing and moving together. Just trying to convince the fella I sit with to renew - but seeing as he didn't come to a game after Forest on the 10th Jan - I'm not sure he will!
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]my chum stopped a few years back, made a new chum, he then stopped a year or so ago, beginning to think its my anti perspirant..

Lol, or maybe lack of it Raz???
  • Didn't have one last year for the first time in fifteen years. Won't be getting one this year either - not because we're in division 3 or because the 'football' we've been served up has been so shite for years but because there are more important things in my life than football. Used to go with a group of six - only two of them are renewing this year (out of four that had S/Ts last year). Those two are mates through another mate - so would feel a bit weird sitting with them anyway. My mutual mate who I know them through has f***ed off to Australia, so don't really have the same 'crowd' to go with any more anyway (which is what made it so much fun to begin with).

Also know another group of people who go - seven of them - none of whom are renewing (all fans since the mid eighties) on the principle that you can now count the number of players who give a shit about the club on the fingers of one knee.

It doesn't look good - though that's slightly tempered by the fact that plenty of them - myself included - will still go to probably more than half the home games and a fair few away games as well (I didn't do any away games last year except Palarse)
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    Once you get out of the habbit of going because you have a ST I reckon most people won't "Pick or Chose" many at all.

That's the real fear, particularly with a support base as fragile as ours.
  • Will be doing mine online this afternoon along with 2 others. My son is not doing his this season even though he went to selhurst and west ham. Chap who sits beside me with his daughter also renewing and friends behind also.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

That's the real fear, particularly with a support base as fragile as ours.

I'm probably an example of that - I've been going since the early sixties as a kid and have had a s/t every year since Upton Park up until last year when I didn't renew our two - we were the last of an original twelve friends and family sitting in one row who all had s/t's!

I intended picking and choosing games last season but ended up only going to two and one of those was a freebie.

It's surprising how quickly you get out of the habit because none of my friends could believe I wouldn't go but there are so many other things to do instead that take precedence after a while and football fades as a priority.
  • Sponsored links:

• out of my 4 only me and the worst of the bunch have

Now Ginge has decided to renew after refusing point blank just days ago LOL

So 3 out of the 4
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]my chum stopped a few years back, made a new chum, he then stopped a year or so ago, beginning to think its my anti perspirant..

probably all that DIY talk razil u driven them away LOL
  • bedside manner then..
  • Of my Group Louise is not bothering but was a fair weather supporter anyway, think Carter is as is Gumbo, Medders I hear is not though !
  • I don't think Pat is either is he?
  • their's four of us who have been going home and away last three season and despite myself going to uni and others all of us are renewing and we'll be here next season
  • I wonder out of all those not renewing would have renewed, and at greater expense if we were still in the Prem?

I can't wait for next season in the Third Divisions South.
  • Am renewing, I think (2 tkts, one for me, one for my dad)....not bothered yet and really don't want to hand over cash whilst there is so much silence coming from the club... I would have been straight out with statements of intent etc as soon as the season finished (so poorly) to try and get us all going....anyway, am sure that that is all on another thread...

Not sure I have been part of a 'group' since Oakster went (a long way) west, Clem moved to the North and Jeff decided he had enough...only Razil and I left...my dad will come along as long as I renew his ST again ;-) Of those around me, chap behind is always there, whilst chap behind to the left, with his two young kids is showing less and less interest and missing more and more games...Neil and his dad (in front) will be there I am sure.... Old boy to my left makes about 3 games a season....not sure he'll be back...
  • for some strange reason i know an arsenil fan who just got his first st at valley
  • once takeover goes through there will be a scramble ;0)