Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extend the deadline please

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I just want to make my decision about renewing an informed choice, I am sentimental about my seats that I have loyally purchased for the last 10 plus years.

So Do I. Can anyone from the club tell me if we are definitely going to be promoted and play attractive football please ? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]
    It is hardly logical for any of us to spend so much time and energy and money supporting our club.

When has anything in being an active football supporter ever been logical ?

To many of us, it is not something you can dip in and out of, but a way of life.

The email you sent SW was rude and ill-worded, and i'm not suprised in the slightest that he did not reply. I wouldn't have.

However, if you had stated that given the sharp fall in budget due to the failure of the business he is chief executive for, as a leading figure would he be taking a percentage decrease in his salary, then that i'm sure would have got an answer. And one i think many of us would be interested to know, particularly after a process where a number of his staff have been made redundant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]With all the quiet goings on, and no committment on the manager for next season, its only fair that fans should be given another month before losing the chance to retain their existing seats.

:)

funniest post I have read in ages,somebody worried about losing their seat when we have just been relegated and have a 27,000 capacity,with approx 3500 renewals.That is absolutely feckin hilarious.
  • Options
    he he very true, but you just no someone will take my seats if I don't..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Doos it or lose it........Simples !

if by some remote chance your normal seat is bought by a new season ticket holder after the deadline just pick another one from the additional 20 that will be available in the immediate vicinity.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]
    It is hardly logical for any of us to spend so much time and energy and money supporting our club.[/quote]

When has anything in being an active football supporter ever been logical ?

To many of us, it is not something you can dip in and out of, but a way of life.

You are wrong
    The original post on the thread about SW may have been rude and ill-worded, but my e-mail was direct and straightforward. SW didn't reply because...well because why? I wanted to know how much he gets paid to inform my decision about whether or not to buy a season ticket again. Nowadays voters want to know what MP's claim in expenses and allowances in order to inform their decisions as to whether to vote for them again.
    Anyway SW has not replied to me, and keeps his wages to himself, freedom of information does not extend to our football club as it does to parliament.

The email you sent SW was rude and ill-worded, and i'm not suprised in the slightest that he did not reply. I wouldn't have.

However, if you had stated that given the sharp fall in budget due to the failure of the business he is chief executive for, as a leading figure would he be taking a percentage decrease in his salary, then that i'm sure would have got an answer. And one i think many of us would be interested to know, particularly after a process where a number of his staff have been made redundant.[/quote]
  • Options
    Maybe he took the view that it's none of your business what he earns. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Heath Hero
    I am certain he takes the view it's none of my business what he earns. However he asks for my business in the programme.
    Maybe if what he earned became public knowledge the club would do less business with previous season ticket holders. Just a thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Heath Hero
    I am certain he takes the view it's none of my business what he earns. However he asks for my business in the programme.
    Maybe if what he earned became public knowledge the club would do less business with previous season ticket holders. Just a thought.

Its just business...and your taking it very personal !
  • Options
    Hang on, one minute some say loyalty should reign above all things, the next minute it's just business....I blimmin well do take it personally, but never mind, perhaps if Steve Waggott can get the players to dedicate a reserve team pre-season friendly draw to me it will all feel so much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chill Seth ......Its a line from a friggin film. (Godfather)
  • Options
    ok apologies SHG
  • Options
    No need to apologise.
  • Options
    Wrote to the club earlier to ask for a 1/2 day extension as me and Mrs.Mog won't have the cash to Tuesday.
    I mentioned the fact that we've had the same seats since the Upper North was built, I've had a season ticket since the Selhurst days and we're both Valley Gold members.
    David Colgan replied that no tickets can be held back: I know "rules are rules" but you'd think someone at the club would have said 48 hours extra isn't going to hurt anyone.Normally we re-new as soon as we get the forms, but this year work has suffered.
    I thanked him for his reply...............
  • Options
    Under the circumstances I think the club is club is being a bit meely mouthed. Pity.
  • Options
    There is the installment plan for anyone who doesn't have the cash to hand. I renewed before I received my form, just phoned up.

Steve Waggot's salary is a private matter IMO but everyone has their choice to renew or not for whatever reason. Who is waiting to see the new team kit before they renew? There is always somethings we don't agree with. I think everyone needs to try to see the bigger picture. Our club has more chance of being successful if we get behind it - buy a season ticket and go to the matches.

At the end of the day it is your choice.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Maglor,
    the point I'm trying to make is the fact there is no "human" touch at The Valley.
    The PR of the club,IMHO,is rapidly declining.When we went back to The Valley (and several years after) the staff were (mostly) curtious and would do what they could to help you. Now its a "No", and thats it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Wrote to the club earlier to ask for a 1/2 day extension as me and Mrs.Mog won't have the cash to Tuesday.
    I mentioned the fact that we've had the same seats since the Upper North was built, I've had a season ticket since the Selhurst days and we're both Valley Gold members.
    David Colgan replied that no tickets can be held back: I know "rules are rules" but you'd think someone at the club would have said 48 hours extra isn't going to hurt anyone.Normally we re-new as soon as we get the forms, but this year work has suffered.
    I thanked him for his reply...............

Seats won't be released on June 2nd, to allow for delays in the post, etc. This was covered in an OS story last week.

If you apply on June 3rd, for example, there's no possibility that your seat will have been sold to someone else.
  • Options
    I love a happy ending !
  • Options
    With Charlton involved ?
    No chance..........

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh go on..
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Did the trophy ever turn up or has Chrissy I still got it ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Thinks he keeps his Championship medal in it !!!!

:))
  • Options
    Am truly gutted about losing the right to buy my own seat, but hey ho - I daresay one of the other 20,000 going begging will do in the end.

For what it's worth, I still can't believe the club never offered some sort of incentive to renew early. Massive own goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GolfAddick[/cite]watch my lips...............THERE IS NO TAKEOVER.

parky will be manager come the new season, so best get used to it.

That doesn't really explain the deathly silence emanating from the club at the moment though does it? I think its highly unusual(&irregular ;-) that the club haven't made any announcement(s), about absolutely anything first team squad, or management related, since the end of our season. Other clubs have been quick to announce decisions about management & purchases, etc. So much for 'our season begins now'!(or words to that effect, at the end of 08/09)

You could be right though,(though I seriously hope not) I said on an earlier topic a couple of weeks ago that the board could well try & sneak Parkinson staying, past us, without making a sound. Again, I hope this is not the case, & we will be celebrating some format of investment, or change in personnel, to take us into a brighter future.

Or, they might've all fecked off on their hol's, & won't be back 'til June 1st. :-)

Silence certainly isn't golden at the moment though!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I think there must be something going on, the club aren't usually this quiet. Surely if they were sure Parkinson was going to be manager they'd have said something ages ago, and we'd have heard something regarding released players, statements from the manager and the board about next season etc.

Look here at the stories from this time last year.

Walker signs for Southend.
    Sankofa signs for Southend.
    Signed Mark Hudson.
    Holland signs new contract.
    Derek Chappell talking about the young players.
    News about pre-season (fair enough we've had some on that)
    Andy Gray talking about the new season.
    Kelly Youga talking about the new season.
    Matt Holland talking about the new season.
    Todorov signs new contract.

Like I said, not even a few quotes from a player talking about us going for promotion. To me it feels like its because no one is sure exactly who will be here next season, the board, the manager, his staff and the players. Maybe nothings going on, but I'd have expected to hear a bit more about players staying or leaving by now.
  • Options
    Personally I'm judging things by the evidence of recent experience....which has been a diet of unremitting chite from our club. I am praying and hoping that something happens very very soon, and I feel some confidence in renewing, but so far there has been a resounding silence. Not a motivating factor for me, and many others.
  • Options
    I am going through a funny time trying to establish what I am going to do next season!