Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

today i am now very very sad

2»

Comments

• Options
    Losing a pet is awful, cat or dog or whatever.

You have my sympathies.

We seem to have the cat vs dog debate on a regular basis; this isn't the place methinks.

Good luck coping with the situation NLA - I would be a wreck myself.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that NLA.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news, having recently lost a much loved friend know how you feel.
  • Options
    Know what you are going through NLA - been there myself. Not nice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Cats are better
    Nathan good attempt at making NLA smile- It may not be a human loss but a pet whether it's a dog, cat or whatever grows to be part of your family and I feel so bad for NLA for having to let NLAjr know, must have been difficult.

cheers dazzler

thing is nathan has hit my humour and it made me smile

we took him to get his nutts done (i thought that was going to be the worst decision i had to come to terms with) and we had noticed that he had a slight limp on examination the vet couldnt see anything so whilst under anastetic they took an xray and it showed up that his hips havent formed at all and that they wont so his rear legs are only being held in to place by his muscles, at 15kg (which he is now) the muscles would cope at 17-20kgs they wouldnt and he will be unable to walk or move without dislocating his hips.

The alternative was to find around £ks for a full hip transplant of which the insurance will only fund 5k (the amount left to find is still huge almost 3 times that amount again) or to let the poor little fellow go to sleep.

I can not stress how much of an influence this dog has over NLJR who has dispraxia as i have discussed to length on here so it makes life that much more difficult. Joes schooling has improved greatly since we got the dog and i believe it is due to the dog as strange as that may seem

There we go edited. What was up with the pup if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    right then... i sense a Charlton Life new fundraiser. Save jonjo and his hips.

The poor little dog - sounds horrible and for your son.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]right then... i sense a Charlton Life new fundraiser. Save jonjo and his hips.

The poor little dog - sounds horrible and for your son.

ta B
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    NLA is it just the back legs that are affected? If so, would you consider something like this for him? Admittedly at nearly 300quid they're not cheap, and you'd need to get advice as to whether they are suitable for your dog's condition, but if it is it might save the risk of an op or the heartbreak of having to have him put down.
  • Options
    the hips will keep dislocating and the pain of that would be too much i did ask about it
  • Options
    So as we move along we welcome little Harvey the mainly white and black Staffie Pup 7 weeks old full of life and joy, out of a bad thing comes an extreemly happy thing ying and yang and all that

i miss JJ lots lets hope Harvey has the same impact on NLJR as JJ did

ta very much for your comments folks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Harvey was the cat? (Or a rabbit?)

Seriously though NLA, best of luck with the new pup settling in.
  • Options
    nice one son send me a photo on my phone,the kids were quite upset when I told them,they would love to see a photo.
  • Options
    On its way to you know buddy how is the US of A
  • Options
    GREAT BUSCH GARDENS TODAY
  • Options
    did my pic just fly across the atlantic