Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q&A with Murray and Chappell - Cancelled. Now 09/07/09

Comments

• Options
    I would love to go to that, but alas I am being sent on a course for two weeks and so I would not be able to skive off early from may day job to get there.
  • Options
    I really want to go to this and ask the "he will be judged on results" question and also the question as to whether Parkinson is officially manager or has reverted to assistant manager (assistant to who?) as some have suggested. To me these are the two biggest questions that need resolving.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    I really want to go to this .......

You'll have to buy a Season Ticket first .......

;o)
  • Options
    Can a system be run on last seasons s/t numbers?
  • Options
    Perhaps someone could ask Mr. Chappell his definition of the word "results."

And for bonus points, perhaps he could be asked to use that word in a complete sentence that also includes the name "Parkinson."

Thank you.
  • Options
    Hoping to go along for once

if i cant can someone ask when are they going to clean the dust of the seat frames its rather poor i must say ;-)
  • Options
    Thinking about it, I think the Pot-holes in the car-park have been filled.......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Thinking about it, I think the Pot-holes in the car-park have been filled.......[/quote]

They have im sure seat cleaning should have been done before the potholes

Sack the board
  • Options
    so what is happening with this. Saw in another thread that Matt Wright was saying this was a suggested date and that RM and DC had yet to agree to that date, it hadn't been decided where to hold it, what form it would take etc and that basically it was a suggestion going fwd from the last FF meeting. So, any further news anyone ??
  • Options
    Will confirm the details this week Large....it was booked for the 25th but we could only do it in Bartrams which wasnt big enough (150 people max)....just looking at dates that week or the week after with a bigger venue...its definetly going to happen and I'll post it up here as soon as we have met to firm up (Thursday night).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers Tel, I will be waiting with baited breath ........
  • Options
    Nice one TelinOz, I'm really looking forwards to this.

I can't believe there isn't a single other venue available within the Valley on a random Thursday in June ! Maybe they're postponing it on purpose...
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited June 2009
    The other two suites were booked ages ago mate.....we are looking at the 22nd/24th or the 1st July...failing that it will be a very limited number on the 25th (150), unless we can organise a marquee on the cheap or free anybody?
    :-)

They arent postponing it by the way, we didnt think Bartrams would be big enough in all honesty, so have asked for DC and RM to have another look at their diaries so we can accomodate more people.
  • Options
    When it comes to tickets,Carpet-Fitters & suppliers are 1st in line......"

;-)
  • Options
    Lovely evening in late June or early July....Why can't we sit in the West or East Stand , with RM & DC on the pitch ? Dave could set up his sooper dooper PA system and we could even relay the proceedings to ....um...well, somewhere else.
  • Options
    unless the takeover is done and dusted by then what are they going to be able to talk about. They will refuse questions on the takeover and it's plainly obvious they will refuse to discuss Parky. Right so it's potholes, catering etc. However, if the takeover has happened it might not be there Club anymore and so they won't be in a position to discuss anything. That is what they are hoping for in my opinion, hence the delay.
  • Options
    Think you're right Large i cant see it happening until we know one way or another.
  • Options
    The delay is entirely down to the FF....not the club....we just wanted to be able to accomodate more than 150, but if its going to be as Large predicts............... then maybe we shouldnt bother....

• Options
    Tel, if the delay is on the FF side, I think its important this gets firmed up pretty quickly.

Already the delay in confirming is being interpretted by some as the club trying to 'buy time' and 'wriggle out of it'. Its just adding fuel to the fire of those with impatience or seeking to knock everything Charlton related they can.

Is that really the only date available to suit all parties ? because i can't believe the North Stand and West Stand Lounges are booked up every night over a 2-3 week period.
  • Options
    We asked for a date and the only time both RM/DC could make was the 25th....which was great, we then found out that the function rooms had been booked for months and Bartrams was the only alternative. At this moment in time the 25th its booked its locked on, but we are looking at the option of either bringing it forward or taking it back a few days to accomodate more people....We are meeting with SW/SK tomorrow night to firm up and we will be able to confirm 100% on Friday. Dan its not the lounges that are at issue apart from on the 25th...its the availability of the two Chairmen on the same night....they of course have other businesses to run.....Maybe holding it in a stand isnt such a bad idea....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so if all over areas are busy

thats great news means my kid gets to work better make sure she calls in
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]When it comes to tickets,Carpet-Fitters & suppliers are 1st in line......"

;-)[/quote]

Like the sound of that . . . . should just put up some stocks, near the potholes, and have an hour of luzzing wet sponges at the pair of them.

RM/DC - New Heavy Rock Band?

Can see RM doing the Angus part, but not so sure DC can bang out a high note. . . . Highway to Hell anyone?
  • Options
    With CAFC at the moment it should be
    "The road to nowhere......."
  • Options
    Might as well get the wooden spoon out and give things a good stir ....... does that mean by the 25th any takeover will have been completed, the manager confirmed and Kaka signed ....?

No thought not.

;o)
  • Options
    Can't see this going ahead 'unless' there is some momentous news because the subjects that could be discussed would be 1... Limited and 2.... We'd simply be dancing around all the other questions which couldn't be answered to any great satisfaction IF the takeover thing is still on-going.
    Even then it's doubtful, as will they still be involved to the degree where they can be deemed as club spokesmen!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can't see this going ahead 'unless' there is some momentous news because the subjects that could be discussed would be 1... Limited and 2.... We'd simply be dancing around all the other questions which couldn't be answered to any great satisfaction IF the takeover thing is still on-going.
    Even then it's doubtful, as will they still be involved to the degree where they can be deemed as club spokesmen!

Cheers Stu, I wont bother going to the meeting to make the arrangements tomorrow night then.....

• Options
    The problem isn't that there's nothing to talk about ...... the problem is more than 150 people want to go!

;o)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can't see this going ahead 'unless' there is some momentous news because the subjects that could be discussed would be 1... Limited and 2.... We'd simply be dancing around all the other questions which couldn't be answered to any great satisfaction IF the takeover thing is still on-going.

Cheers Stu, I wont bother going to the meeting to make the arrangements tomorrow night then.....

Hey if it's nailed on Tel then of course it needs to be arranged and that entails a lot of effort on your part(I'm all for folk being pro active as you clearly are)....and if there's a lot of interest then of course now that you've set the ball in motion you are naturaly obliged to go ahead with it....to be honest I hadn't realised you were setting it up, as I hadn't really looked at the thread in any great detail.....sorry about that Tel.
    It's just that I can't see those two being able to say very much either way two weeks down the line ...should the takeover go ahead, just what will they be able to say, as they may well no longer be club spokesmen........... and if we're still in limbo as we are now....likewise.
  • Options
    Whatever happens, SoundAs, RM is an interesting bloke to have talk, so there'll be plenty of insider insights.
    Bound to be a great night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Whatever happens, SoundAs, RM is an interesting bloke to have talk, so there'll be plenty of insider insights.
    Bound to be a great night.

Could be............. could be.