Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Clarke

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Because it is !

Note that AFKA hasn't denied the story about the defender from MK Dons which means it must be true : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Because it is !

Note that AFKA hasn't denied the story about the defender from MK Dons which means it must be true : - )

It's not on the OS, Henry ........ ;o)
  • Options
    so the takeover is still on and Parky is still chief. No change then.
  • Options
    did AFKA not say he had a souce that he is going up north?
  • Options
    That is what I thought, probably just a case of lazy journalism.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]did AFKA not say he had a souce that he is going up north?

we are North of Southend though
  • Options
    Below is from the Vital Football website for Huddersfield.

Lee Clark was this morning drying the ink on the paper work for experienced centre half Peter Clarke, from Southend.

Clarke was of course teammates with Robbie Williams, Mike Flynn and Keigan Parker at Blackpool during their promotion winning season.

Clarke who is out of contract this summer will be Lee Clark's second summer signing so far following hot on the heels of Anthony Kay, who was officially unveiled earlier this week.

So now we have 3 Clarke's and a Clark are there any more avaliable?

Happy with the second signing?

Surely its going to be the striker next?

Its an exciting close season again for sure!
  • Options
    Well it's only Vital Football, so there's still hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    better bet than us at the moment. Young up and coming manager, 11,000 season tickets sold already. We are in disarray, don't have a Manager, Board can't communicate with us, a total shambles.
  • Options
    I still think he'll come to us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]I still think he'll come to us.

your name. Apt it is.

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]better bet than us at the moment. Young up and coming manager, 11,000 season tickets sold already. We are in disarray, don't have a Manager, Board can't communicate with us, a total shambles.

Large...what's this Board can't communicate stuff?
    What do you want them to say other than what's already been said?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]better bet than us at the moment. Young up and coming manager, 11,000 season tickets sold already. We are in disarray, don't have a Manager, Board can't communicate with us, a total shambles.

What have they said ? Did I miss it ?
  • Options
    Huddersfield have a new chairman, and they have upped their budget considerably for next season.

Clarke's family wasn't settled down here and wanted to go back up North, from what i heard.
  • Options

Well until last night, there can't have been many people who knew that Parky had cleared his desk and left? I would've thought that was pretty big (and in most peoples eyes, pretty positive) news.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Well until last night, there can't have been many people who knew that Parky had cleared his desk and left? I would've thought that was pretty big (and in most peoples eyes, pretty positive) news.

and you have taken that as fact have you? Based on what ? Heresay, nothing else. If he had left there is no conceivable reason why the Club couldn't tell us as such. As Henry would say I won't believe it until it's on the OS.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You're expecting way way too much Large......there are very delicate negotiations going on and as such 'everyone but everyone' are keeping schtum (I think that's how you spell it?) and rightly so....the lack of info coming out from the club at present is perfectly understandable....particularly when you think that the folk who you want to give out the info may or may not even be directors or staff of the club before the start of next season....who knows....like I said (and I stand by what I'm saying) just what more do you want them to say and if you were one of them what would you be saying....not a lot is my guess.
    Just because we are fans(albeit pro active ones on the message boards), really doesn't give us any right to expect much more than has already been said...which I agree isn't much but then I and a few others realise why....I'm surprised you can't or maybe simply don't want to see it.
    In a nut shell I'd rather know nothing and an advantageous deal go through than know something and it all collapse again as it did with Zabeel....cast your mind back a few months Large and remember how much that hurt you at the time, it's a damn good reason why details coming out of the club are just scraps and rumours at the moment.
    I am by nature one of the 'most' impatient folk you'd ever wish to meet....however in this instance I can and will be patient.....Millions of pounds are involved here Large and the truth of it is that none of it's yours or mine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]You're expecting way way too much Large......there are very delicate negotiations going on and as such 'everyone but everyone' are keeping schtum (I think that's how you spell it?) and rightly so....the lack of info coming out from the club at present is perfectly understandable....particularly when you think that the folk who you want to give out the info may or may not even be directors or staff of the club before the start of next season....who knows....like I said (and I stand by what I'm saying) just what more do you want them to say and if you were one of them what would you be saying....not a lot is my guess.
    Just because we are fans(albeit pro active ones on the message boards), really doesn't give us any right to expect much more than has already been said...which I agree isn't much but then I and a few others realise why....I'm surprised you can't or maybe simply don't want to see it.
    In a nut shell I'd rather know nothing and an advantageous deal go through than know something and it all collapse again as it did with Zabeel....cast your mind back a few months Large and remember how much that hurt you at the time, it's a damn good reason why details coming out of the club are just scraps and rumours at the moment.
    I am by nature one of the 'most' impatient folk you'd ever wish to meet....however in this instance I can and will be patient.....Millions of pounds are involved here Large and the truth of it is that none of it's yours or mine.

what SA said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

and you have taken that as fact have you? Based on what ? Heresay, nothing else. If he had left there is no conceivable reason why the Club couldn't tell us as such. As Henry would say I won't believe it until it's on the OS.

Not as fact no, but if Rodex heard it from a director and AFKA confirmed he'd also heard the same then i'm more inclined to believe it than not.
  • Options
    true or not true, there are clearly a multitude if stories and rumours around at present.

On yesterday's blog article, someone in the comments raised theissue that commercially, its not the best tactic for the club to be so quiet during its prime money making window, which i think is an interesting point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]You're expecting way way too much Large......there are very delicate negotiations going on and as such 'everyone but everyone' are keeping schtum (I think that's how you spell it?) and rightly so....the lack of info coming out from the club at present is perfectly understandable....particularly when you think that the folk who you want to give out the info may or may not even be directors or staff of the club before the start of next season....who knows....like I said (and I stand by what I'm saying) just what more do you want them to say and if you were one of them what would you be saying....not a lot is my guess.

that is all well and good and I agree BUT you are assuming/hoping that very delicate negotiations are going on based on nothing concrete just rumours. It could be that nothing is going on except a back-stage review of the season. As you say us keyboard warriors are probably more in the know than the normal fan but the normal fan far, far outweigh us in terms of numbers and if we are frustrated they are ten-fold. They view it as the Club doing nothing, rightly or wrongly, and are very frustrated to the extent that season tocket renewals lie unposted awaiting some/any positive news.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Not as fact no, but if Rodex heard it from a director and AFKA confirmed he'd also heard the same then i'm more inclined to believe it than not.

if you read the appropriate thread again Rodex did NOT say he heard it from a Director.
  • Options
    But we do have a manager at the moment, Parkinson, and until told otherwise officially thats it.
  • Options
    So even Huddersfield Town are stealing a march on us, cosmic!
  • Options
    Hope he does join us seen him play at Under 21 England level good player.
  • Options
    Confirmation from the Udders Examiner:

PETER Clarke will be joining Huddersfield Town from Southend United.

In an interview with the Press in Southend, Clarke revealed he would soon be signing a three year contract with Huddersfield Town.

And it was Clarke's decision to want to move back north which helped seal the deal for Town.

“It’s been a very hard decision for me but I’ve been made an offer which I don’t think I can turn down,” said the 27-year-old who is from Southport.

“My wife’s dad isn’t too well at the moment. He’s having treatment and moving back to nearer where we’re from will enable her to see him a lot more.

“The length of the contract at Huddersfield also gives us some security which is important as I have my little girl to think about now but I’m leaving with a heavy heart.”

Clarke’s free transfer switch to the Terriers will be sealed in the next few weeks.

But the defender, who made 150 appearances for Southend after signing from Blackpool for £300,000 in the summer of 2006,said the move was not down to his wages.

He said: “The management and chairman at Huddersfield are very ambitious and I was impressed by them.

"Hopefully we can achieve success together but who knows what will happen? The only things in life you can guarantee are that you pay your taxes and that one day you will die.

“Only time will tell if I’ve made the right decision but I am sad to be leaving Southend.”
  • Options
    Brunello Jun 1st 2009
    Essex_Al
    Huddersfield reportedly in for him as well today. As he's a northener, he might fancy a move further up country.

My Southend mole tells me he has signed for them

You heard it here first
  • Options
    Not great news if he has indeed signed for Huddersfield, but if we can get Fortune to sign a new contract that will make up for this. Will still need at least one centre back though.