Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Knole Park

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
Enjoyed a lovely day out in Knole Park with the family today. Have been going there on and off since I was a kid and every time we go we seem to end up exploring somewhere different - and my 6 year old loves the deer running about.

One thing that completley baffles me everytime I go there though - and for that matter you see it at other places to - is the number of people who turn up, get chairs out of their cars and then proceed to sit in the car park all day. It's as if they can't bare to let their precious motor out of their sights. Why go somewhere like that if you're not going to have a look around? Bizarre!

Anyone else a fan of Knole Park?

Comments

• Options
    I'm a fan. Great place.
  • Options
    An old school mates Dad used to take us on mini adventures in their caravanette & we'd regularly end up in Knole Park. I thought it was a magical 'Narnia' type place. Happy days!
  • Options
    Great Golf course!
  • Options
    Not been there myself, keep meaning too, is there lots for the little ones to do?

[cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]Great Golf course!

Have you renewed yet? We renewed saturday.
  • Options
    Trying to do it online now but cant find where I renew the season ticket online!! The misses did it at work on Friday so she will be there! :)
  • Options
    A truly wonderful park...can't think of a better one anywhere any place....take something to drink with you though if you're going to go off for a walk(which is the general idea of course)...it's a big place and there's only the cafe where you can get liquids.
  • Options
    Not been for years. It's National Trust isn't it so wouldn't even cost.

Will go there again soonish.
  • Options
    Used to go quite a lot with my Dad and sister but not been for ages.

I heartily recommend the Encharted Forest in Groombridge,Sussex too if you have kids....good fun and lots to see.

Assault course for kids and, if you are lucky, you will see loads of deer running around freely.

Really cool place
  • Options
    Oh yes, it's a fantastic place. A huge area of untouched nature, lot's to explore and of course the deer. Great place to go and have a damn good walk and a picnic. Might need to get down there this close season.
  • Options
    Was lucky enough to live in a flat that overlooked the park up until we moved last September, we spent many a happy summer evening strolling through the park
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isnt it a renowned dogging hospot at sundown? Well someone told me it was............
  • Options
    tav you know what's in store when curb -it asks if you want to go for stroll tonite ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Was lucky enough to live in a flat that overlooked the park up until we moved last September, we spent many a happy summer evening strolling through the park

Tel.....I think you now live right near where my office/unit is.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ive just loooked up sevenoaks dogging hotspots.

I dont think ill eat my cheezse and piccalili sarnies at shoreham's picnic area ever again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]Not been there myself, keep meaning too, is there lots for the little ones to do?

Depends on how old they are really. There aren't any swings, etc, but there's plenty of old skool fun to be had; like climbing trees - and any one of the hundreds of tree trunks still lying about the place following the great storm of the 80's - hide and seek in the trees/woods; running/rolling down hills at full pelt (being careful to mind the deer bob everywhere!); getting battered up with a few bottles of White Lightning. As I say, depends on the age really!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Isnt it a renowned dogging hospot at sundown? Well someone told me it was............

Car Park shuts at 6pm ................... so you're out of luck there I'm afraid!
  • Options
    I used to live in the area and spent a large chunk of time as a kid in the Park. It's a brilliant place. The house is interesting as well. It's such a great place for kids to let off steam. I wish we had something similar close at hand now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ive just loooked up sevenoaks dogging hotspots.

I dont think ill eat my cheezse and piccalili sarnies at shoreham's picnic area ever again.

Theres a "dogging" website ?
  • Options
    Curb-it whats doggin then ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Curb-it whats doggin then ?

I have to admit I don't know either...do I want to?!!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Curb-it whats doggin then ?

I have to admit I don't know either...do I want to?!!?

No or at least I hope not : - )
  • Options
    Something to do with what Carter gets up to on a Saturday night?
  • Options
    No you dont, Stan Collymore brought it to my attention.
  • Options
    Did he tell you what sites to look up then hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?
  • Options
    did a post get deleted? am sure i replied to this....?

anyway what i said was something like i used google as its fairly easy to use and you can find all sorts.

oxleas woods car park is listed... the shame.
  • Options
    Any where in Sydenham......
    huuumph!!.....er........not for myself.......er........just out of interest you understand............
    ..anyway......move on........
  • Options
    My Mum works at Knole Park :)
  • Options
    Lol love the people who are saying 'Ooooh whats dogging'

You know full well and this tells me your avid doggers!!! lol
  • Options
    What does avid mean?......:o)
  • Options
    For those that like climbing the trees a young teenager tragically died a few months ago falling from a Tree in Knole Park. And the deer can be a bit aggressive too.

As a resident of Sevenoaks I prefer it in the middle of winter with a dusting of snow and no bloody townies around.

Even if the National Trust entrance/Car Park is closed you can always gain pedestrian access from the path leading from the car park near the Sevenoaks swimming pool.

Please bring green wellies waxed coat smelly gun dog and range rover as you are not allowed into the area without these.