Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will You Be Placing An "X" In The Box Tomorrow?

Have been working on the preparation for the European election (postal votes) and will be spending the best part of 17 hours in a polling station tomorrow.

Will then be involved in the count on Friday & Sunday. One of the perks of being Local Government - election work is largely ring fenced to council staff and pays very well!.

I suspect I will be having a very quiet day tomorrow.

Will any of you be voting?.

Comments

• Options
    First time of voting, I have no idea what its for, I just want us out of the EU
  • Options
    Yep, probably not the usual way I vote, and certainly not for them Nick Griffins bunch of Nazis
  • Options
    Don't roast me about this but I think the BNP have good ideas on how to make Britain better, just dont really know how to go around achieving them.
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    I'll be voting, not quite sure who for yet, but a low turn out increase the chance of those C**** at the BNP getting in so I'll be out voting for someone.
  • Options
    Can see the protest vote giving UKIP a look in.....a low turn out could well see the BNP get seats as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Already done it via a postal vote.

Check out Vote Match - it'll ask you about 20 yes/no questions and match your answers to the parties' policies.
  • Options
    By the way Sir Chris Powell has signed the following letter about the election tomorrow
  • Options
    I done that Vote Match and it said I should vote Tories or UKIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Already done it via a postal vote.

Check out [url=http://www.votematch.com]Vote Match[/url] - it'll ask you about 20 questions and match your answers to the parties' policies.

One of few returned. Two of the scheduled openning sessions I was down for were cancelled due to a lack of votes returned.

Seems to be a real apathy about the whole thing. No polling agents or candidates at the postal vote opennings. Usually get a few.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I done that Vote Match and it said I should vote Tories or UKIP
    Then don't waste your vote on the BNP!!!
  • Options
    I wasnt gonna waste it on BNP, I was just saying they have good ideasa just dont know how to impliment them.

I'll probs do Tories.

The Labour downfall beings. Now all we need is the c*nt Gordon Brown to resign
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    One of few returned. Two of the scheduled openning sessions I was down for were cancelled due to a lack of votes returned.

Seems to be a real apathy about the whole thing. No polling agents or candidates at the postal vote opennings. Usually get a few.

Interesting, because if you listen to the press you'd think the whole country was chomping at the bit to get down the polling station and give the mainstream parties a bloody nose.
  • Options
    I forgot to register when I moved back to the UK! I will have to sit around and wait for a real election.
  • Options
    Prior for home secretary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Have been working on the preparation for the European election (postal votes) and will be spending the best part of 17 hours in a polling station tomorrow.

Will then be involved in the count on Friday & Sunday. One of the perks of being Local Government - election work is largely ring fenced to council staff and pays very well!.

Hopefully a few more will turn out than at the federal, provincial and municipal elections here that have occured over the last 6 months.

Normally here they struggle to find people to help out with the organizatio of the day n and the counting of the votes (Local Government workers don't get involved normally for some reason) so the majority of the work is done by new immigrants who are struggling to find work. Imagine if it was the same scenario in the UK - I'm sure the BNP would have something to say about that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Prior for home secretary.[/quote]

I could probs do a better job
  • Options
    I'm voting Lib Dem simply as it's the only party here that could get rid of the tories.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Have been working on the preparation for the European election (postal votes) and will be spending the best part of 17 hours in a polling station tomorrow.

Hopefully a few more will turn out than at the federal, provincial and municipal elections here that have occured over the last 6 months.

Normally here they struggle to find people to help out with the organizatio of the day n and the counting of the votes (Local Government workers don't get involved normally for some reason) so the majority of the work is done by new immigrants who are struggling to find work. Imagine if it was the same scenario in the UK - I'm sure the BNP would have something to say about that.

I assume it isn't very well paid over there then.

It isn't a kings ransom over here but considering you spend most of the day reading a book/paper/surfing on your phone £350.00 isn't to be sniffed at. Count is another £155.00 and postal vote sessions (usually 2 hours) are £35.00 a go.
  • Options

It isn't a kings ransom over here but considering you spend most of the day reading a book/paper/surfing on your phone £350.00 isn't to be sniffed at. Count is another £155.00 and postal vote sessions (usually 2 hours) are £35.00 a go.

Oh yeah.....and time off is agreed so you don't have to take leave!.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I mentor a few new immigrants and they got about $200 (110 quid ish) a day plus expenses for a 12 hour day and then $15 (8 quid ish) an hour for the count.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]First time of voting, I have no idea what its for, I just want us out of the EU

Then you need to vote for UKIP

I'm so disillusioned with British politicians, and the deception and corruption.

Who will I vote for ?
    I dunno ....... it's like a vegetarian having to choose between roast beef and pork.
  • Options
    I'll be voting for Susan Boyle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]First time of voting, I have no idea what its for, I just want us out of the EU

Then you need to vote for UKIP

I'm so disillusioned with British politicians, and the deception and corruption.

Who will I vote for ?
    I dunno ....... it's like a vegetarian having to choose between roast beef and pork.

I was a vegetarian once Oggy and the Roast Beef always was the tough one to pass up on, although Bacon was the real killer ;o)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I need to find the bumph they stuffed through my door and find out who's trying to save Maidstone's fast services to London. They can have my vote, whoever they are. Selfish? Maybe,

Supporting getting The Stones home would be a bonus too.
  • Options
    Yep for none of the main parties and NOT the BNP so maybe the UKIP or English Democrats.
  • Options

350 quid - is this on top of your normal salary? why dont they just get some volunteers from the job centre in and pay them 50 quid a day to do the work? save us money surely instead of the sums you have just "quoted"?
  • Options
    definitely - and certainly not for the most corrupt bunch of the lot, ukip
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]definitely - and certainly not for the most corrupt bunch of the lot, ukip

Hardly "the most corrupt" when they immediately expelled their two bent MEPs when their transgressions came to light.

I don't see any of the big parties expelling their crooks.

Anyway back to topic. I'll be voting tomorrow and it will be for UKIP.
  • Options
    UKIP for me