Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Low attendances predicted - FACT!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Honestly think that programmes are a bit old hat now. Once essential but now just glossy printed rehashes of old stuff you have already read on the net ad nauseum (to be fair most magazines suffer this fate too). Maybe the way forward for programmes is to go a little more low tech, less pages (say around 20), lower quality paper, less colour and maybe more printed info and perhaps a cheaper cover price making a more desirable purchase for say £1.50. I'm sure that wouldn't happen though. As for that bolt on hand book.........

Thats pretty much what I muted at the FF meeting back on April 2nd.
  • Options
    And I wasn't there....... Spooky ;0)
  • Options
    There has been no need for programmes since players wore their names on their shirts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]There has been no need for programmes since players wore their names on their shirts.

Need and demand are two different things.

No need to sell replica shirts but plenty of people choose to.

Both generate income for clubs and people expect a certain level of quality. Can't see the point in drastically reducing the size and quality to try and attract people who aren't going to buy anyway. And if the quality and size was substantially reduced the Club would be slagged off something rotten for putting out a shoddy product by some.

Not everyone reads the internet and local paper and radio coverage, especially in the lower leagues, is very poor so some sort of programme is sort by some people.

For a lot of people it is a souvenir of the event as well as an interesting read. Others don't bother and never did even before the internet.

I'd always buy a handbook and wish it was separate from the first programme but understand the financial reasons for doing it the way it is.
  • Options
    Suspect MOL may have had a bit of tongue in cheek, there.

I don't think the format is a problem. It looks quality and the writing is fine. The content - as a few comments on here have pointed out - doesn't deliver me enough of anything that I can get elsewhere (for free). Some kind of insight into the development of youth and reserve players for example.