Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kit selection

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but Watford fans have been able to choose this season's kit from three designs. Admittedly, they're all pretty similar but good to have a choice.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/watford-fc-home-shirt-0910_3984

Comments

• Options
    We getting a new kit this year?
  • Options
    Palace did the same, and have a nike kit
  • Options
    Wait until June 23rd ;-)
  • Options
    We did this a few years ago didn't we?
  • Options
    In fairness to the club, I did email last summer after the hideous (imo!) kit was released and they said something about the whole process taking too long - and that a selection wouldn't be possible.

The Watford situation somewhat disproves that but I guess Joma have given fans a choice because they're just starting a new deal with them.

??
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]In fairness to the club, I did email last summer after the hideous (imo!) kit was released and they said something about the whole process taking too long - and that a selection wouldn't be possible.

The Watford situation somewhat disproves that
    I'd reserve judgement to see if they have problems with supply which, if memory serves, was the main issue when we did it. All very well to put images on the website and all that but getting it made and out there in numbers is another thing.

Nothing on the front page of their website either which is rather telling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]We did this a few years ago didn't we?

We did indeed. It was a bit of a farce though, bit of a case of Hobson's choice. 4 kits to choose from, 3 of them were clearly disgusting, the other one was ok and therefore won with about 80% of the vote.

Although I quite like the idea of the fans choosing the shirt, at the same time I don't really think it should be necessary. The general consensus both on here and from speaking to plenty of other people, would appear to be that both this season's shirts were about as cheap and nasty looking as you can get. Surely the board and the people of Joma are able to recognise the difference between a horrible shirt and a good one without having to put it to the vote, and surely they realise that they'll sell more shirts if they go for a shirt that doesn't look like it was designed by a five year old.
  • Options
    And yet the shirts flew off the selves of the club shop.

All replica shirts are tacky nylon overpriced tat IMHO but this doesn't seem to stop people buying them.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how the sales figures compare to previous years. Obviously you'd have to take into account that we weren't in the Prem.

I just hate the current kit. Please go back to plain (ish) red shirt with plain (ish) white shorts and plain (ish) red socks.

Not bothered about the away - so let the dyslexic designer go wild on that!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Be interesting to see how the sales figures compare to previous years. Obviously you'd have to take into account that we weren't in the Prem.

I just hate the current kit. Please go back to plain (ish) red shirt with plain (ish) white shorts and plain (ish) red socks.

Not bothered about the away - so let the dyslexic designer go wild on that![/quote]

Seconded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thirded .. it was a joke of a kit....
    i like the new england top though that's the business, best football shirt ever imo
  • Options
    I didn't like our current shirt at first but now I own it i love it.

I have to say in red and white the watford kit would look awesome.
  • Options
    23rd June keeps getting a mention

Is it cos Boysone are at the O2 are they leading the Irish takeover?

Maybe a green kit for next season?
  • Options
    No to a Green Kit, only goalkeepers should wear Green, now a nice Orange one.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Palace did the same, and have a nike kit

The most we would get (if at all) would be to choose between 3 or 4 designs by the increasingly ridiculous Joma. We would not be able to vote for who supplied the kit.
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]We did this a few years ago didn't we?

We did indeed. It was a bit of a farce though, bit of a case of Hobson's choice. 4 kits to choose from, 3 of them were clearly disgusting, the other one was ok and therefore won with about 80% of the vote.

Although I quite like the idea of the fans choosing the shirt, at the same time I don't really think it should be necessary. The general consensus both on here and from speaking to plenty of other people, would appear to be that both this season's shirts were about as cheap and nasty looking as you can get. Surely the board and the people of Joma are able to recognise the difference between a horrible shirt and a good one without having to put it to the vote, and surely they realise that they'll sell more shirts if they go for a shirt that doesn't look like it was designed by a five year old.

Totally agree with this post.
  • Options
    Amazes me that the most popular away kit ever (Seahawk Blue) only lasted one season.....Next seasons away kit is white again.....
  • Options
    That was a dire strip and no mistake, one of the worst ever (along with that green, purple and white abomination from the 90's)
  • Options
    The stripe or the hoops? or the half white and half multicoloured?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And yet the shirts flew off the selves of the club shop.

All replica cardys are lovely wooly underpriced fashion accessories IMHO but this doesn't seem to get people buying them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]That was a dire strip and no mistake, one of the worst ever (along with that green, purple and white abomination from the 90's)

I loved that shirt! The purple and green lines down the sleeves!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Amazes me that the most popular away kit ever (Seahawk Blue) only lasted one season
    this just shows why kit choice shouldn't be made by the public! Horrid shirt, worst ever IMO.
  • Options
    I have always thougt that home shirt should be traditional and in Charltons case as much red as possible, whilst the away shirt really should be outrageous in its awfulness, my fav was the hoops and also Chelsea's orange, others that come to mind are Arsenals yellow shirt that looked like it had been puked on.
  • Options
    Germinal Beerschot

JOMA PULLS ONE OUT THE BAG ...

Now this is more like it
  • Options
    Very nice
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Germinal Beerschot

JOMA PULLS ONE OUT THE BAG ...

Now this is more like it

Same kit manufactures, same design and same shirt sponsors. Something going on here.

not sure about the lime green away kit.
  • Options
    Like em both, bit different to what we see over here....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Amazes me that the most popular away kit ever (Seahawk Blue) only lasted one season
    this just shows why kit choice shouldn't be made by the public! Horrid shirt, worst ever IMO.

You have to be in a minority mate, that kit sold out well before the season ended and the club even admitted it was the best selling away kit ever.....
  • Options
    Heard a rumour today of the away kit being blue and black stripes a la our third kit a few seasons ago.
  • Options
    If my memory serves me right,fans got to choose the kit on two occasions.The first time we(the fans) picked the one the club wanted.They did use the classic marketing ploy of making the favoured kit 'A'.Trade secret there guys,'A' or '1' always starts with an advantage in a poll according to the marketing gurus.

The second time we picked the wrong one-admitedly from a fairly dire choice of options-so the club came up with a second offering of two designs.One absolutely awful,the other okay-ish.We got it right second time around!

Does make a nonsense of claims that it is too time consuming to involve fans in the selection process though.If the designs are out early enough it is easy enough to do.
  • Options
    the new england shirt is shite the material is like a piece of bog roll